Word count limit

I got curious and tested something out for you. I made a post in the stories section that was 100 pages of "test test test..." This added up to 130,958 words! This was in the Calibri font with the size set to 10 points. It let me post it without issue, other than taking about 15 seconds to copy from my word processor and paste to ZooVille.

Initially I tried to post a thread that had 154 pages and 200,850 words, but my browser was throwing a bit of a temper tantrum. So, I don't think there is a limit per se, but your browser might try to fight you if you go too crazy. Lol

I got curious and tested something out for you. I made a post in the stories section that was 100 pages of "test test test..." This added up to 130,958 words! This was in the Calibri font with the size set to 10 points. It let me post it without issue, other than taking about 15 seconds to copy from my word processor and paste to ZooVille.

Initially I tried to post a thread that had 154 pages and 200,850 words, but my browser was throwing a bit of a temper tantrum. So, I don't think there is a limit per se, but your browser might try to fight you if you go too crazy. Lol
Best excuse for a denial of service attack so far. ;)

@Michioliphant
I don't know about the story section, but on the parts of the site which do have a limit, such as profile comments, it doesn't count words. It counts characters. That includes all punctuation, and spaces count, also. Plus, bold font, italics, all caps, and space between lines greatly decrease the available limit by quite a lot. It works out to 75-80 words, give or take. Floofy's findings seem to indicate no limit in the story section, but I hope I helped a little.

When posting a story what’s the upper word count per post?
There is no upper limit so far in these forum posts. Majority of forums don't cap posts on text size but rather file size and we don't touch that here because I'm talking GIGS. EDIT: I am not staff by the way, when I say "We don't touch that here" I mean us as users most likely don't touch that limit.

However, when writing there is an upper limit on how much people will read in one post. If you have a multi-chapter story, please do not post it all in one post, please space them out.

Also please do not give us walls of text.

Last edited:
There is no upper limit so far in these forum posts. Majority of forums don't cap posts on text size but rather file size and we don't touch that here because I'm talking GIGS. EDIT: I am not staff by the way, when I say "We don't touch that here" I mean us as users most likely don't touch that limit.

However, when writing there is an upper limit on how much people will read in one post. If you have a multi-chapter story, please do not post it all in one post, please space them out.

Also please do not give us walls of text.
Excellent advice to anyone needing it. Great input.
Yes, paragraphs. Please goodness, yes.

I won't read a single block of text if it is not paragraphed or has serious spelling errors, neither do I like a whole story in a single post. I much prefer it broken into 5 000 word chapters, or thereabouts. Maybe I am a bit picky, but I like to put something down and come back to it and having it in easy chunks rather than one massive text file is much more relaxing and enjoyable.

Back