User Permission Updates and Forum Changes

From the point of security the update is a good thing. Now if we can solve some of the issues, that would be even better. :D
If the groups plugin will be deleted, lets us know in advance as I would like to backup some more stuff.
Also if deleting the groups means all group threads will be mercilessly released on the forum, that might not be a good thing.
The images not loading will create so much outrage in the women porn section, that it will probably be fixed quickly. :D
 
Sadly this is wha happens when you skip versions on software updates

Most likely somewhere there was an internal db change that needed a script running on one of these skipped versions
If they had skipped major versions, I'd kinda agree, but 2.2 to 2.3? No. The forum software should be able to handle that migration.
And even if it was a major version upgrade, that shouldn't be causing issues.
 
The forum software was finally updated from a 2023 version to the most current version by the server admin. It's a giant but necessary leap, as Xenforo typically releases a few updates per year, and we haven't been updating for awhile now. Unfortunately I don't do the upgrades here. A few things are a bit broken for now. I'll see what I can do myself to fix some of the hiccups using the admin panel tomorrow, and go from there.


That is indeed correct. Looking at the nodes in the admin panel, all the groups are still there and seem to all be valid. If there's an update available for the groups plugin, that'll have to be updated by the server admin.

Thank you for your invaluable efforts and explanations. Good luck (re)moving the Forum guts! (y)🍀🍀🍀🤗
 
Last edited:
Back
Top