Please don't post a picture of yourself as an avatar.

Well, it looks like zoosbook is officially closed to the unverified. My account in done. Well, zoosbook, it's been fun, but that's that then. Bye bye Zoosbook. :(

Well, it looks like zoosbook is officially closed to the unverified. My account in done. Well, zoosbook, it's been fun, but that's that then. Bye bye Zoosbook. :(
Well, you've had two weeks to get verified.

Anyways, I'll take the new version live in a few weeks, then old accounts can be recovered.

I'm absolutely furious about this. I got verified several months ago, and donated a good amount of money to help keep the site running, and became a pro member, asked if I needed to be re-verified today around noon and got no response. When I tried to log in a half hour ago it said that my profile didn't exist. I'm so pissed, If my profile is not restored I will personalty see that this Zoosbook is destroyed and closed down. I had been with the site for close to 6 or so years, and this is how the new owner treats me. I think not...?

I apologize. I should have taken a few hours to cool down from my iritation, before blowing up. Thank you for checking, my username is Derek2719

wow i didnt even know this site existed til recently, and you are being there 6 years.

i wonder why it didnt have register option and still doesn't, and how the f*ck did i register.

New user registrations are disabled. I don't want to use and extent the software in place. Therefore I'm writing a new version that will contain some automation for handling reports and limitations for new users and many other things. Until then I don't have the time to deal with the craziness that some new, unverified users bring in.

hello, I can no longer access the site ... remains waiting for a while and then nothing else .. I had already done the validation ...

Just wanted to share this. Happened minutes ago in the chat.
Person thought it'd be a good idea to share a picture of his friend, face and all. Didn't even give it a second thought. Regardless, was banned from the chat for that reason.
Don't even share pictures of friends or acquaintances. Everything with a face in it or name, or whatever, can essentially be traced back to them or you.
View attachment 98050
Yeah the whole "With age comes wisdom" quote is not always true. Also, why would they do something like that to their supposed friend? Just saying, if they get outed, hopefully the friend looks at the messages.

To me, even posting up your partners is very risky, identifiable marks are a give away. Not to mention furniture, ect. All you need is one snowflake on the site to be butthurt and things are leaked.

To me, even posting up your partners is very risky, identifiable marks are a give away. Not to mention furniture, ect. All you need is one snowflake on the site to be butthurt and things are leaked.
Indeed, I'll post my Newfoundland girl from time to time, but she pretty much looks like 30% of all the other newfies out in the world. You will however not see my little mutt mix posted on here because she's a fairly unique combination of breeds.

Indeed, I'll post my Newfoundland girl from time to time, but she pretty much looks like 30% of all the other newfies out in the world. You will however not see my little mutt mix posted on here because she's a fairly unique combination of breeds.
The pictures I’ve shared and would share of my boy, I took myself and haven’t posted elsewhere. He looks like other Newfies too, and it was before that house got renovated, so hopefully I’m good haha. I’ve also moved anyway.

Curious question, Floofy. I’m half Newfoundlander myself, part of why the breed was chosen. I wanted a golden at first, but after someone else in the family bought a huge Newfie, I thought it was the greatest dog and got his brother, Lol. Are you part Newfie as well?

The pictures I’ve shared and would share of my boy, I took myself and haven’t posted elsewhere. He looks like other Newfies too, and it was before that house got renovated, so hopefully I’m good haha. I’ve also moved anyway.

Curious question, Floofy. I’m half Newfoundlander myself, part of why the breed was chosen. I wanted a golden at first, but after someone else in the family bought a huge Newfie, I thought it was the greatest dog and got his brother, Lol. Are you part Newfie as well?
That's one positive aspects of getting a pure breed dog, most of the time they look like all the other's of the same breed.

As far as I know, I have no connection to the area of Newfoundland itself. Funny enough, never in my life did I want a newfie, before I got my girl I was actually wanting to just get a yellow labrador retriever since my two girls I have now, are actually my first dogs. I wanted a dog good for a newbie. But by chance I had a fellow zoo friend rehoming my newfie girl and I ended up just jumping at the opportunity since she was being rehomed for free. I mean who wouldn't take a free pure breed dog? She was only 2 at the time I got her. That's been the best decision I've ever made!

My dog is famous (not for a good reason, but he is). I walk him down the street and I get cops in my city waving at us. They will pull over to make a fuss over my dog. There is no way I could post anything to do with him on this site.

I dont know how likely that is to happen but obviously you would have to post a video and meet that kind of person in the first place which isnt really what i was talking about since thats a bit of a different topic from the avatar thing alone (from my perspective) but of course when you create content like that or do other relevant stuff online thats an additional risk and you should be much more careful :)

Naw, I'm going to keep my picture up. Who would ever believe that a Siberian tiger was born with an IQ of 140 and learned how to read and write. The hard part was getting used to hitting the keys on my keyboard with my claws. Anyways, I must get back to fucking my zookeeper. She is a tall brunette with really big boobs.

Naw, I'm going to keep my picture up. Who would ever believe that a Siberian tiger was born with an IQ of 140 and learned how to read and write. The hard part was getting used to hitting the keys on my keyboard with my claws. Anyways, I must get back to fucking my zookeeper. She is a tall brunette with really big boobs.
I understand why you, as an impressive alpha predator, feel that way, but you should be more careful. Humans that may appear so fragile and weak when you rarely encounter them on the internet or in real life have actually brought your kind to the verge of extinction. Don't underestimate their viciousness and do not underestimate their numbers.

I don't get why people willingly post identifying information along with their potentially illegal interests.
Some of the most subtle stuff the police use to catch people is insane.

I don't get why people willingly post identifying information along with their potentially illegal interests.
Some of the most subtle stuff the police use to catch people is insane.
Some people don't even realize bestiality is illegal virtually everywhere. Which might actually be scarier.

Some people don't even realize bestiality is illegal virtually everywhere. Which might actually be scarier.
yeah. Even in places where it is legal it's not tolerated by almost anyone.
Hopefully people who are ignorant of this won't be faced with the worst kind of reality check.

I think people are a little paranoid about it. The odds of someone you know stumbling upon this obscure corner of the internet are very slim.

Have you heard of Reverse Googling? It's when you insert an image into google and it finds out where else that picture is posted. Can be traced back to your social media if you use those.
But if you post a pic that's not posted anywhere else, it's not such a huge deal.

Have you heard of Reverse Googling? It's when you insert an image into google and it finds out where else that picture is posted. Can be traced back to your social media if you use those.
Not only that, but most LEOs and LEAs all over the developed world have facial recognition technology. If you have a license to operate a motor vehicle, a passport, or a government issued ID, your face can be tracked and mapped to your identity just from a picture of yourself. You don't have to even have a criminal record anymore.

There are also zoophile exposing pages on sites like "Kiwi Farms" where picture are zoos are uploaded and the identity of the poster is outsourced to a large crowd. Information from Kiwi Farms have ended up outing many zoos, some of whom were eventually arrested.

Face pictures are super risky. Its not paranoia, its fact. Zoo/beast is illegal in a lot of areas so its best to be as secure as possible.

And another piece of advice if you wish to be extra safe. Do not use telegram for zoo related stuff. Its not as secure as you may think and people can figure out information about you. I'm not well versed in the ways of how its done but I know its happened. Also a lot of bad folks lurk those chats just to out people to the public.

Take risks if you please, but don't discourage others from being safe. Its crucial that everyone does their part to protect one another and this community.

Back