Groups questions

pes

Staff member
Hi,

I recently became a moderator in a group and I have a few questions.
1. Is there any manual for groups?
2. What can I do as a moderator?
3. Can you section groups into a more structured forum?
4. Why do group discussions not turn bold blue if there is a new post in them?
5. Why can not I upload an image into a post in a discussion? I can only use a link to include a photo.

Thanks.

Hi,

I recently became a moderator in a group and I have a few questions.
1. Is there any manual for groups?
2. What can I do as a moderator?
3. Can you section groups into a more structured forum?
4. Why do group discussions not turn bold blue if there is a new post in them?
5. Why can not I upload an image into a post in a discussion? I can only use a link to include a photo.

Thanks.
Groups was an added feature and there isn't alot of feedback on it to address issues. Can you link to your group and also screenshot what issues your are talking about?

Then we can tweak it if possible.

Groups was an added feature and there isn't alot of feedback on it to address issues. Can you link to your group and also screenshot what issues your are talking about?

Then we can tweak it if possible.
It is not my group actually, I am a moderator not the owner.

To the questions:
2. I just wanted a list of competencies what a moderator can do. :D

3. I do not see any way how to structure the group. Like for example create a section for 'howto' and then threads under it. Just like it is in the main zooville forum. There is one section like it there 'Seznamka', but it was made by the owner and he said he could only make one such section and not any more. I do not seem to be able to do that at all.

4. Normally a thread with new unread messages has a bold blue title. This is not the case in Group discussions. It makes it more difficult to see what has changed.

5. My keyboard does not have a printscreen button. :D
When writing a post in the normal zooville forum you can insert an image using the Ctrl+P Isert image button. Usually it allows you to select a file from the hdd and upload it. You can not do this in the group discussion, it only gives you the option to provide a link.

Join the group if you want so you can test it yourself.

It is not my group actually, I am a moderator not the owner.

To the questions:
2. I just wanted a list of competencies what a moderator can do. :D

3. I do not see any way how to structure the group. Like for example create a section for 'howto' and then threads under it. Just like it is in the main zooville forum. There is one section like it there 'Seznamka', but it was made by the owner and he said he could only make one such section and not any more. I do not seem to be able to do that at all.

4. Normally a thread with new unread messages has a bold blue title. This is not the case in Group discussions. It makes it more difficult to see what has changed.

When writing a post in the normal zooville forum you can insert an image using the Ctrl+P Isert image button. Usually it allows you to select a file from the hdd and upload it. You can not do this in the group discussion, it only gives you the option to provide a link.

Join the group if you want so you can test it yourself.

2. A moderator in a group has the same permissions within the group as an actual ZV moderator on the forum. You have full control of your group. It is your mini forum.

3. Structure is limited on purpose. We do not want the node count to grow incontrolled on the xenforo software. Thus restrict your forum use to only a single subforum. The nature of groups is a niche thus it shouldnt need the subforum structure as much.

4. Ill look into this. Are you using the standard theme or the dank dark mode theme?

5. Ill check on this too.

No.5 - there is no options in the groups extension to add attachments in the discussion tab. However it works normally in the forum tab of your groups.

I suggest ignoring the discussion area and use the forum tab instead.

That might work. But I thought the reason for discussions is that it does not appear in the Latest posts. Because users are not going to be able to respond there since most of them are not going to be in the group. Also int is not in English and it might be annoying. :D

That might work. But I thought the reason for discussions is that it does not appear in the Latest posts. Because users are not going to be able to respond there since most of them are not going to be in the group. Also int is not in English and it might be annoying. :D
I dont think it will be an issue, actually it might bring more attention to groups to see some groupie discussion on the latest posts tab.

One question I have is how do you delete the sub-forum in your group? I don't see a way to do that. I made one accidentally when I started my group.

Use the search engine of your preference to find out how to make screenshots without such a button. Maybe the user documentation for your operating system helps, too. Mac OS for example has at least two screenshot modes which are by default set to cmd+shift+3 and cmd+shift+4. The former makes a complete screenshot, while the latter allows you to select an area that shall be saved as PNG image file. Your browser may also offer a "website screenshot" function. I think it's on cmd+shift+S by default in Firefox.

I’m curious what can be done to get accepted into a private group that is inactive? Over 8 weeks ago now I sent a request to join the Animal Dick Lovers group and I have not been accepted or rejected. Is there a way to fix this? Possibly hand off the ownership to the next most active member so they can approve or deny? I can see some activity on that group so I know that in the last 8 weeks it hasn’t been totally dead.

I’m curious what can be done to get accepted into a private group that is inactive? Over 8 weeks ago now I sent a request to join the Animal Dick Lovers group and I have not been accepted or rejected. Is there a way to fix this? Possibly hand off the ownership to the next most active member so they can approve or deny? I can see some activity on that group so I know that in the last 8 weeks it hasn’t been totally dead.
I requested membership in about a dozen groups where I haven't heard anything for weeks, so I think that's a great idea

Back