What Do You Get Annoyed By?

People who go out of their way to say "Hello!" or "Good morning!" when you're busy at something, then get huffy because you ignore them.

Yeah, you're here. I can see you. So what? I'm busy.
Ah, there you are, one of my four favorite curmudgeons!
I'm with you on that. Can't stand someone saying "Hello!" or "Good morning!" JUST because they think they should. Don't like that.

I get bored with weather talk, judgmental people, and people who think they always have the truth in their mouths

I'm with you on that. Can't stand someone saying "Hello!" or "Good morning!" JUST because they think they should. Don't like that.
I have had this exact "conversation" at 8:10 AM.

*ring ring*
"[redacted business location], how can I help you?"
"Good morning!"
"How can I help you?"
"I said good morning."
"Yes, how can I help you?"

Aside from the fact that's the most abused oxymoron in the history of oxymorons, you're calling a fucking business, this is not a fucking personal call, get to your fucking business and leave me alone!

Who you callin' curmudgeon, sweet-thang? :)

But yeah, it's a particular pain in the arse to me. If you ain't got something *OF SIGNIFICANCE* to say, then fergawdsake STFU and let me go about my business! If you DO have something to say, skip the "How about this weather?" (It's weather, and there's nothing anybody can do about it, nice, nasty, or otherwise - Now get to whatever point you've got), or "looks like it's gonna be a nice day" (If you say so - It's gonna be a day. Whether it's nice or not is completely out of my control or yours, so let's cut to the chase so I can get you the hell out of my face/space and get on with my life) or "How's the wife and kids" (Assuming I was married and had sprogs, how they are would STILL be none of your fucking business, now what the hell do you want, or are you planning on beating around the bush all day???) etc, etc, etc...

Can't say for certain but I (very strongly) suspect it's at least related to, even if it isn't a direct result of, being a 'sperg.

Somewhere on here, probably back about mid 2020, someone posted an image that I plain can't locate. I don't think it was SUPPOSED to be a meme, and definitely wasn't meant to be a "funny", despite being in the form of a comic strip, but basically, it was a graphical representation of what I just said, and the "punchline", if you could call it that, was more or less "WTF is wrong with these damned neurotypicals that they constantly have to interrupt me with their desperate need to make small talk about stupid shit???"

Made up "censor friendly" words. When a show knows they can get away with using a stupid nonsense word in place of a swear, despite EVERYONE knowing what they mean, they over use the FUCK out of it.

People who want to throw calendar invites at me for meetings that could be emails or electronic messages. Then they talk for an hour and actually say nothing wasting my time.

It's important to have curmudgeons. Without them, there is nothing but rainbows, balloons and lollipops. That would be sickening, and most of them are phony. You're serving a good purpose!
Shhhhh! Don't let the secret out! I've got a reputation to uphold!

Back