had a dog for a while looking to play

wife knows all about this thing. we have had our dog for four years and funny enough never played with him in that way due to fear of misbehaving around strangers and family. Outside of the rare moments of humping his blanket he doesn't actively try to mount likely the previous owner curtailed such attempts. He'll just generally play fetch and tug o war, obey's commands well and is house broken.
The flip side Had a friend who's dog would actively try to mount anyone willing to give him the least amount of attention until he was at least jerked off and I fear our dog will start being like that if we allow such fun with us.
I figure keeping everything to only one room as like a special area where we do such activities but I still have a lot of contention with that. Anyone got any advice?
Essentially how to keep your dog well behave despite being sexual together.

Essentially how to keep your dog well behave despite being sexual together.
All the advice on using a particular room or blanket and so on are not effective. Sex is a huge driving force.
And if your dog knows sex is a possibility and he is horny beyond some level, not amount of "only in this room" will work.
Keep your dog sexually satisfied.
That means jerk him off once a day or less depending on what he is comfortable with and what he wants.
For example my dog can go for about 3 days with no sex until he starts demanding it even in public.

Fortunately the way my male asks to be jacked off can easily be interpreted as a canine with no boundaries and very pushy for attention.

All the advice on using a particular room or blanket and so on are not effective. Sex is a huge driving force.
And if your dog knows sex is a possibility and he is horny beyond some level, not amount of "only in this room" will work.
Keep your dog sexually satisfied.
That means jerk him off once a day or less depending on what he is comfortable with and what he wants.
For example my dog can go for about 3 days with no sex until he starts demanding it even in public.

I have a similar experience attempting to "keep it to a room", it really didn't take long for him not to care where we were, when he wanted it.

If public advances are of concern I usually out him and return him when he calms down. It’s the easiest thing you can do when others are around for any length of time.

I appreciate the responses since it's coming from people with more experience. He's very well behaved in all regards and in training so if our time evolves more into that realm I'm more prepared for it.

Back