Zooville Feedback and bug reporting thread.

anyone else not seeing notifications? the number for how many new disappears like split second after refreshing or hitting any section/subsection/thread
I occasionally stop getting notifications for threads that I visit often. Don’t Wake The Mods is a good example. I post there quite frequently, but sometimes I won’t get any notifications for multiple hours. Only to go check and realize there are multiple pages that I hadn’t been getting notifications for.

I occasionally stop getting notifications for threads that I visit often. Don’t Wake The Mods is a good example. I post there quite frequently, but sometimes I won’t get any notifications for multiple hours. Only to go check and realize there are multiple pages that I hadn’t been getting notifications for.
i am getting notifications, it's just that the little red number signaling any/how many new notifications are there disappears in a split second (guess when the page fully loads?). sometimes i stop getting notifications from random threads, but this is something else and new to me.

i am getting notifications, it's just that the little red number signaling any/how many new notifications are there disappears in a split second (guess when the page fully loads?). sometimes i stop getting notifications from random threads, but this is something else and new to me.
That's the "Ghost notification" thing that's been going on since that major upgrade to the forum back in June. I don't know if it's a feature or a glitch, but basically if you have any unread notifications but you've already clicked on the bell icon without clicking on all of the notifications you'll see that notification appear as the page is loading.

There are two ways to remove it. Click on the bell icon and select "Mark read" or switch to the 2020 Pride ZV Theme and it'll resolve the issue completely.

That's the "Ghost notification" thing that's been going on since that major upgrade to the forum back in June. I don't know if it's a feature or a glitch, but basically if you have any unread notifications but you've already clicked on the bell icon without clicking on all of the notifications you'll see that notification appear as the page is loading.

There are two ways to remove it. Click on the bell icon and select "Mark read" or switch to the 2020 Pride Theme and it'll resolve the issue completely.
Ohh that. I didn’t know that’s what you meant when you said ghost notifications the first time. I kind of like it tho, as the page loads it tells me how many notifications I have, and then how many are new notifications. If it is a bug, it’s a good one imo 😂

Ohh that. I didn’t know that’s what you meant when you said ghost notifications the first time. I kind of like it tho, as the page loads it tells me how many notifications I have, and then how many are new notifications. If it is a bug, it’s a good one imo 😂
well, i'm going from seeing how many are there to nothing as the page loads :LOL:
i have to manually click the bell to see if there is anything new.. if i don't see the number there for the split second before it disappears ie: my eyes are not on the screen.

well, i'm going from seeing how many are there to nothing as the page loads :LOL:
i have to manually click the bell to see if there is anything new.. if i don't see the number there for the split second before it disappears ie: my eyes are not on the screen.
It's been like that for me for ages now, probably since the upgrade FloofyNewfie mentioned, but I can't remember exactly.

anyone else not seeing notifications? the number for how many new disappears like split second after refreshing or hitting any section/subsection/thread
No issues for me, but then the only notifications I have on are quote and @ mentions.

Finally remembered in time to catch an example screenshot of the screen-garbling I've been noting on and off - this is a VERY mild version of it - sometimes it's even wilder distortions that make me think of watching a streaming video that's having feed troubles (big blocks of random colors, weird artifacts, massive pixellation, and so on) note the weird black and grey bars, missing letters, and mangled or missing avatar images:

Screen Shot 2021-11-20 at 5.46.46 PM.png

Usually, reloading the page gets me a proper screen, though sometimes I need to reload multiple times before it "takes".

sorry for posting this here, but I just can't find a proper thread for it, and I didn't want to create a new one.

how can I search for pictures uploaded by a specific user? the feature doesn't seem to work. Thanks in advance!

Oh that's a laughable belief. Idiot proofing is the biggest annoyance in software development ever conceived of. One jackoff gets upset at a software because they did a stupid thing no one with half a brain would do so the developer "upgrades" it so that retard can't do it anymore and breaks it for everyone else while calling it a "feature", which of course is mandatory and can't be disabled.

Some jacktard accidentally closed a software without saving. Now everyone is forced to confirm 3 times that they're sure they're sure they meant to click yes after they clicked the x to close the window.

Some idiot shrank their firefox window so small they lost it and couldn't find it. Now everyone has a hardcoded minimum window size it can't be reduced below. Oh? You need it small because your job requires tiling a hundred browser windows on your monitor? Too bad because of that tardbag you can't make the window as small as you need anymore and can't do your job right.

I was lucky during my career. Just about everything I worked on was for paying customers, so the actual users, or their employer, cared about what it did and were willing to learn how to use it. We did get some really dumb question from time to time but generally their attitude after we helped them out was "thanks" rather than "fuck you". I'm so glad I didn't have to deal with the public and hear shit like "I downloaded this and it doesn't work like I think it should and don't expect me to read the instructions or not cuss you out just because it's free".

Last edited:
I've found a slight glitch in the dark mode, but I'm not sure if it's that way on other's devices too. But in the Articles and Research Section the text "Reviews" and "Overview" are hard to see cause they are nearly the same color as the background.

Example in Dark Mode:
1643152531971.png

Example in Light Mode:
1643152579162.png

Example in 2020 Pride Palette:
1643152610517.png

So as you can see the text is nearly the same color as the background. While it's not a major issue, it just makes it hard to see if there is another tab, or where to click to go to the overview, or how to get to the reviews from the overview.

going to the website, cloudflare says connection timeout. So maybe the host may be reported again? (Or just crashed.)

I've found a slight glitch in the dark mode, but I'm not sure if it's that way on other's devices too. But in the Articles and Research Section the text "Reviews" and "Overview" are hard to see cause they are nearly the same color as the background.

Example in Dark Mode:
View attachment 229782

Example in Light Mode:
View attachment 229783

Example in 2020 Pride Palette:
View attachment 229784

So as you can see the text is nearly the same color as the background. While it's not a major issue, it just makes it hard to see if there is another tab, or where to click to go to the overview, or how to get to the reviews from the overview.
Its been tweaked. text should be easier to read.

That's funny. I changed sim card, phone number and all my problems with net connection, network signal, uploading pictures gone :)

Should be just to the left of the "reply" button in each post. (But I'm saying this from a desktop - no way in hell I'd tie a working phone number to a site like this - talk about a way to show you've got a death wish...)

Back