Zooville Feedback and bug reporting thread.

Was looking through an old thread yesterday and noticed a "security" issue. If a person contacts a mod to get their user name changed for whatever reason, possibly even to get away from a stalker, assume the stalker isn't following them since the follow will just update to the new name - which leads us back to the older previously mentioned privacy issue of needing a security setting to disable following. I digress, the name change does not properly update in quotes. Previously made quotes of the user still display as "[old user name] said:" and can be clicked to link to the post, which now displays the new user name. So a stalker looking for a person they can't find anymore due to a name change can just find a thread where they were quoted on their old name and connect it to their new name.

Everywhere else, like post reactions, updates to the new name but quotes do not.

I have a friend who does not speak English and would like to join the Czech group. But the forum prevents him from doing so.

image.png

I guess this has to do with the post count limit. But this limit does not make sense when you want to join groups in order to fulfill the limit. Can you exclude group joining from the new rule?

anyone know why I can't download pictures? I get a download failed notification in the app instead. using duckduckgo app on android.

I have a friend who does not speak English and would like to join the Czech group. But the forum prevents him from doing so.

View attachment 184081

I guess this has to do with the post count limit. But this limit does not make sense when you want to join groups in order to fulfill the limit. Can you exclude group joining from the new rule?
Requesting to join a group sends a PM to the group owner. If he's new and can't send PMs he can't join a group.

Requesting to join a group sends a PM to the group owner. If he's new and can't send PMs he can't join a group.
I know that and it still does not make sense for people who can not engage in conversation in a language they do not know. Joining a group in their own language would give them a chance to collect the required number of posts.

I know that and it still does not make sense for people who can not engage in conversation in a language they do not know. Joining a group in their own language would give them a chance to collect the required number of posts.
Maybe I'm understanding you wrong, but sounds like you think posts within a group would count towards the 10 needed to unlock PMs. Ihighly doubt that group posts count towards forum posts, so posting in a group wouldn't help earn them the right to PM.

Interesting. But you are probably right. Fortunately we have a public thread in our language in the main section of the forum. So that will be used to get 10 posts. The question is whether non-english posts count too? :D If not, then this policy prevents non-english speaking people from using some parts of the forum.
While the rule to require 10 posts to enable messages (and groups) is good, I think it should be adjusted to allow joining groups and count the posts in groups too.

The question is whether non-english posts count too?
As long as it's on the forum, and not in fun and games, it should count. Doesn't matter what's said. Hell, could just reply with a single . ten times and un-lurker.

I was trying to post a youtube video in a thread I made. It’s giving me an error. Just making the mods aware of the issue here

It began with me not be able able to load anything or any chats whilst in the app and then when I decided to sign out I couldt sign back in again

Seems like there may have been a recent update that doesn't let you quote posts that are just photos/videos anymore. They used to show as the attachment information without actually showing the attachment, but now nothing comes up and it doesn't even look like you quoted anything.

@dogluver101 Do you know what's going on with the Beast chat?

Seems like there may have been a recent update that doesn't let you quote posts that are just photos/videos anymore. They used to show as the attachment information without actually showing the attachment, but now nothing comes up and it doesn't even look like you quoted anything.
Interesting. I'm unable to replicate the same issue on my end. When a post that is just an image/video is quoted the full image/video shows in the quoted post in the preview. But when I actually go to post it, I'm still getting the quoted text "View Attachment 155489" which is still clickable.

Interesting. I'm unable to replicate the same issue on my end. When a post that is just an image/video is quoted the full image/video shows in the quoted post in the preview. But when I actually go to post it, I'm still getting the quoted text "View Attachment 155489" which is still clickable.
Hmmm, maybe it was just that particular post, or my browser acting funny first thing in the morning. Just tried again with a different post and it worked fine. Though I did also notice yesterday that an old post of mine in an old friend that used to have a linked youtube video (a mass effect scene) was oddly missing the video. So maybe something odd is going on with something somewhere.

I had a thread in the fun and games section about TV Adds that had animals in them. Most of it was just links to Youtube, so I don't think there was much stored on the site media wise. And it is all non-sexual, so I was surprised all the video links now seem to have vanished from the thread leaving just the text and comments people made about the Adds they liked.

Why has this happened? I don't think it was breaching any rules of the site so what gives, is it a bug or something?

I had a thread in the fun and games section about TV Adds that had animals in them. Most of it was just links to Youtube, so I don't think there was much stored on the site media wise. And it is all non-sexual, so I was surprised all the video links now seem to have vanished from the thread leaving just the text and comments people made about the Adds they liked.

Why has this happened? I don't think it was breaching any rules of the site so what gives, is it a bug or something?
I’ve had something similar happen. I have shared YouTube videos/songs through PMs and went to go back and look at them later, only to find they had disappeared and left the text that was with them there. I’m not sure if after a certain amount of time links time out and disappear on here, or what happened.

It may have been a change to youtube's embed handling that broke any old embeds. I've noticed at least 1 youtube video I had posted disappeared too.

It may have been a change to youtube's embed handling that broke any old embeds. I've noticed at least 1 youtube video I had posted disappeared too.
Is it really a good idea to post hotlinks to the google-owned youtube from a site like this?

The simple answer: NO. But those motivated purely by their dicks will continue being idiots.
At some time the dicks will get tired of the ads for animal-like sex toys in their gmail and their facebook profile. I keep getting ads from a local undertaker which worries me a bit.

Back