User Permission Updates and Forum Changes

Seems fair enough.
Think its easier to not think about it to much, reading about what a post is or isnt but also might be a message that may or may not count is harder than just going with it and see what happens!
 
tenor.gif
 
And to make it brutally more complicated, a new thread is also a post and a post in a group is a post, but profile post is not a post and posts in games and fun do not count as posts.
There is a posts counter on your profile, but it is called messages, not posts. You can try making a post and see if the post messages counter goes up or not, to find out if your post counts as a post or it is not a post.
Clear?

Hahaha as a «non-english» speaker - this made me SO confused 😂 And then I laughed, because OMG what a tongue twister
 
Never felt the need to post. Maybe too scared to post. Got on to look at video section then got off the site.
Then it doesn't matter. Unless you suddenly want to harass people by PM, which you couln't under the old restrictions either anyway.
 
Is the access restriction lifted autoimatically when you reach 20 or is there a wait period/dine manuallyt. Trying to see if i understand what exactly 20 posts means and what counts. When i click my name it says "messages: 20; reqction score:14, trophy [points: 3"
There is a background job running on the server periodically to update stuff like this. Yours is enabled now.
 
I’m slightly confused because I only saw this after seeing others comment on posts about it elsewhere. However before even checking posts I replied to a DM I got with no issues. Yet when I check my post history I’ve only ever made 9 posts… well 10 now with this one. Are we sure it’s “20 posts AND 30 days” and not “20 posts OR 30 days”? I only pop in here once in a blue moon so it’s interesting to see what’s changed.
 
I’m slightly confused because I only saw this after seeing others comment on posts about it elsewhere. However before even checking posts I replied to a DM I got with no issues. Yet when I check my post history I’ve only ever made 9 posts… well 10 now with this one. Are we sure it’s “20 posts AND 30 days” and not “20 posts OR 30 days”? I only pop in here once in a blue moon so it’s interesting to see what’s changed.
You account was made before the ORIGINAL restriction changes in July of '21. You're grandfathered in. You've NEVER had any restrictions on anything and this change didn't change that.
 
You account was made before the ORIGINAL restriction changes in July of '21. You're grandfathered in. You've NEVER had any restrictions on anything and this change didn't change that.
Oh neat! I had no idea. That’s really funny then. All this time here and still a lurker though. I really gotta check in more often. Thanks for the explanation as to why. It all makes sense now.
 
Makes good sense to me. Thanks for the information and reasonable explanation

But now confusion arises. I have reached 20 posts and I joined 179 days ago (May 10, 2025). I'm still unable to access private messages and I can't use the search function. No access to chat. From what I can see, nothing has changed for me although my profile does acknowledge 20 posts and accurately shows May 10 as the date I signed up here. I read this from an earlier post: "There is a background job running on the server periodically to update stuff like this". Do you have an estimate of how often this happens periodically? I'm not asking anyone to specifically check my numbers, just wondering if it's hourly, daily, weekly or some other time period?
 
But now confusion arises. I have reached 20 posts and I joined 179 days ago (May 10, 2025). I'm still unable to access private messages and I can't use the search function. No access to chat. From what I can see, nothing has changed for me although my profile does acknowledge 20 posts and accurately shows May 10 as the date I signed up here. I read this from an earlier post: "There is a background job running on the server periodically to update stuff like this". Do you have an estimate of how often this happens periodically? I'm not asking anyone to specifically check my numbers, just wondering if it's hourly, daily, weekly or some other time period?
There is a little lack for the automatic activation. It may can take a few hours
 
But now confusion arises. I have reached 20 posts and I joined 179 days ago (May 10, 2025). I'm still unable to access private messages and I can't use the search function. No access to chat. From what I can see, nothing has changed for me although my profile does acknowledge 20 posts and accurately shows May 10 as the date I signed up here. I read this from an earlier post: "There is a background job running on the server periodically to update stuff like this". Do you have an estimate of how often this happens periodically? I'm not asking anyone to specifically check my numbers, just wondering if it's hourly, daily, weekly or some other time period?
You don't have enough qualified posts. Fun & Games or Profile posts don't count towards unlocking DM. ;)
 
You don't have enough qualified posts. Fun & Games or Profile posts don't count towards unlocking DM. ;)
Thank you for clarification regarding the differentiation between qualified posts and unqualified posts. It would be helpful if the display on profiles showed the number of qualified posts rather than the current display that shows only the overall number of posts including meaningless, unqualified posts. I am sometimes more dense than I would like to be, so forgive my density here: am I correct now in believing posts I make on my own profile are not qualified?
 
Back
Top