Zooville 2022 Study Officially Peer-Reviewed and Inducted.

ZTHorse

Retiree
Staff member
The study conducted here in 2020 has officially been peer-reviewed and inducted into the Archives of Sexual Behavior.

The resource includes the fully released and peer-reviewed .pdf.

We wanted to thank everyone whom participated in the open survey providing truthful, honest answers for scientific research into zoophilia. This is the first of many studies that are in the pipeline. Eventually, we'd like to have more scientists involved with direct interactions with the zoo community's input.

Best regards,
ZTHorse

I'm old and tired. I've tried, at various times, to respond to research studies in the past including the 2001 remake of the pseudo-documentary 'Animal Passions' with the hopes of adding some honest, objective information and insight into bestiality, zoophilia and zoosexuality. Humans and humanity at large suffer from some deeply rooted psychosis regarding sex and sexuality primarily based on religious and societal belief systems regarding the purpose of such. It is my deep hope that someday in the future (unlikely in the time I have left) interspecies relationships may be accepted and embraced but that will require a major shift in humans and their speciesist focus. Consentual, loving intimate embrace is NOT abuse and exploitation. Unless/until humans abandon their arrogance and ignorance regarding the equality of ALL life it is unlikely that our focus and lifestyle will ever be accepted in spite of objective, scientific evidence of it's validity...

"What do they know - all these scholars, all these philosophers, all the leaders of the world? They have convinced themselves that man, the worst transgressor of all the species, is the crown of creation. All other creatures were created merely to provide him with food, pelts, to be tormented, exterminated. In relation to them, all people are Nazis; for the animals it is an eternal Treblinka." - Isaac Bashevis Singer, 1978 Nobel Prize Winner

Last edited:
The study conducted here in 2020 has officially been peer-reviewed and inducted into the Archives of Sexual Behavior.

We wanted to thank everyone whom participated in the open survey providing truthful, honest answers for scientific research into zoophilia. This is the first of many studies that are in the pipeline. Eventually, we'd like to have more scientists involved with direct interactions with the zoo community's input.

Best regards,
ZTHorse
Incredible accomplishment. Well honored congratulations

I'm old and tired. I've tried, at various times, to respond to research studies in the past including the 2001 remake of the pseudo-documentary 'Animal Passions' with the hopes of adding some honest, objective information and insight into bestiality, zoophilia and zoosexuality. Humans and humanity at large suffer from some deeply rooted psychosis regarding sex and sexuality primarily based on religious and societal belief systems regarding the purpose of such. It is my deep hope that someday in the future (unlikely in the time I have left) interspecies relationships may be accepted and embraced but that will require a major shift in humans and their speciesist focus. Consentual, loving intimate embrace is NOT abuse and exploitation. Unless/until humans abandon their arrogance and ignorance regarding the equality of ALL life it is unlikely that our focus and lifestyle will ever be accepted in spite of objective, scientific evidence of it's validity...

"What do they know - all these scholars, all these philosophers, all the leaders of the world? They have convinced themselves that man, the worst transgressor of all the species, is the crown of creation. All other creatures were created merely to provide him with food, pelts, to be tormented, exterminated. In relation to them, all people are Nazis; for the animals it is an eternal Treblinka." - Isaac Bashevis Singer, 1978 Nobel Prize Winner
The problem with that is the same as always has been: animals don't have the same level of intelligence as we do, and although they can give (non-verbal) consent, most people think they don't give ANY consent at all, and A LOT of things in our society would have to change for zoophilia to be accepted, or at least not condenmned as seriously.

The problem with that is the same as always has been: animals don't have the same level of intelligence as we do, and although they can give (non-verbal) consent, most people think they don't give ANY consent at all, and A LOT of things in our society would have to change for zoophilia to be accepted, or at least not condenmned as seriously.
I would really love it was accepted, but no one in this forum will be alive when that happens if it even happens in the first place, we are put in the same bag as pedos because most possible partners species (dogs, for example) are seen as "kids" (kinda dumb compared to human adults, depend on their owner, can't really say or express anything clearly)
But let's not lose hope, we can still fight and make a path for people who can actually make a change in the future

I participated in this study. I'm barely into this PDF (just got past the Abstract and into the Introduction) and already I'm a little frustrated by the frequent use of the term "paraphilia".
As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing "abnormal" about my sexuality. I was born as I am, and nothing weird or traumatic ever happened that "made" me a zoophile\bestialist (I personally prefer "zoosexual"). Nothing I've ever seen or heard from non-zoos or anti-zoos ever made be feel "broken" or uncertain or ashamed. If anything, it's only pushed me to learn more about those I'm attracted to and defensive of my sexuality. IMO, it's only "abnormal" to people who don't feel it or understand it, labeling it "wrong" or "gross" or a "sin", just as they do with most sexuality other than their own. "I don't agree or understand and can't empathize, therefore it's not normal". :(
Of course I'm going to read the whole thing, with hopes that further on the study results get them away from the "paraphilia" vibe.

I participated in this study. I'm barely into this PDF (just got past the Abstract and into the Introduction) and already I'm a little frustrated by the frequent use of the term "paraphilia".
As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing "abnormal" about my sexuality. I was born as I am, and nothing weird or traumatic ever happened that "made" me a zoophile\bestialist (I personally prefer "zoosexual"). Nothing I've ever seen or heard from non-zoos or anti-zoos ever made be feel "broken" or uncertain or ashamed. If anything, it's only pushed me to learn more about those I'm attracted to and defensive of my sexuality. IMO, it's only "abnormal" to people who don't feel it or understand it, labeling it "wrong" or "gross" or a "sin", just as they do with most sexuality other than their own. "I don't agree or understand and can't empathize, therefore it's not normal". :(
Of course I'm going to read the whole thing, with hopes that further on the study results get them away from the "paraphilia" vibe.
Despite the genuine feelings of zoos, most do not see it as a legitimate "lifestyle choice" or "romantic relationship". Especially when it is coming from the scientific community, everything has to be operationalized by the current accepted terminology unfortunately.

Despite the genuine feelings of zoos, most do not see it as a legitimate "lifestyle choice" or "romantic relationship". Especially when it is coming from the scientific community, everything has to be operationalized by the current accepted terminology unfortunately.
Just as many bigots seem to think\believe being gay is a "choice" a person makes.
IMO, zoosexuality is no more-or-less a "paraphilia" than any other sexuality, but I'm also not naive to the herd mentality of the human majority, nor the underlying influences of their generations of controllers. I get that the crux is that "at least they have HUMAN partners", and they don't (can't?) accept that we, too, are animals\mammals, and non-humans express\communicate their likes, dislikes, needs and desires just as clearly as any human. It's only human conceit and ignorance that would suggest otherwise.
This stuff always gets me riled up though, which is why I had to abandon Twitter years ago. LOL, I'm really not a bitter person. 😊

Just as many bigots seem to think\believe being gay is a "choice" a person makes.
IMO, zoosexuality is no more-or-less a "paraphilia" than any other sexuality, but I'm also not naive to the herd mentality of the human majority, nor the underlying influences of their generations of controllers. I get that the crux is that "at least they have HUMAN partners", and they don't (can't?) accept that we, too, are animals\mammals, and non-humans express\communicate their likes, dislikes, needs and desires just as clearly as any human. It's only human conceit and ignorance that would suggest otherwise.
This stuff always gets me riled up though, which is why I had to abandon Twitter years ago. LOL, I'm really not a bitter person. 😊
Trust me, as someone who has had to write and edit scientific research papers, the tediousness of it still gives me nightmares lol. And I agree, I hope most of us do otherwise we wouldn't be a part of the community. But, what else can be done at this point in time?
And it's fine, I'll be bitter for both of us lol

Wow, reading through this report is like chewing through a tractor tire, but I'm pleased that the only terms I had to look up were "plethysmography", "telephone scatologia" and "frotteurism" - which seems like kind of a creepy practice I hadn't heard of before, and a good way to get your ass kicked or put on a sex offender list (or both).

I got a little concerned when I saw the negative Zoophilia score for "I allow animal consent to sex", but then saw that it was a "reverse scored" item, so thankfully it seems most of us prefer it when our partners also want to do it. 😊

Unsurprisingly, it looks like Dogs and Horses win for being the sexiest and most lovable, with horses taking the top spot in "romantic attractiveness". :p Probably because most dogs are just too darn silly and goofy, but wonderfully so. 🥰

I think we've got a long way go to be widely accepted as a "valid" sexuality in the majority view (if ever), but at least it seems that lately we're becoming more worthy of objective, unbiased scientific and psychiatric studies and are not just "disgusting animal rapists". Perhaps such studies will, at the least, help to decriminalize it in some places.

It was nice to see that zoosadism "is uncommon in contrast to the large number of individuals who engage in sexual practices [with animals]", or at
least among those who consider themselves a zoophile\zoosexual.

I just dont like the term paraphillia because it is too closely lumped together with pedo and necro and odd stuff like that... if Cynophile were more widely used id be happy with that!

Best regards,
ZTHorse
It feels strange knowing my opinion actually had an affect on something that helps to shine some light on zoophilia and helps further the knowledge of our sexuality to the general public.

Best regards,
ZTHorse
congratulations for the beautiful work done in PDF :love::love:

Oh interesting, I look forward to getting a chance to actually read it. My opinion has and will forever be to operate under the cloud of discretion and secrecy. Even if it were, by chance, made legal That would not prevent some nutcase citizen seeking to upholding “moral” justice and murdering my animal partners. :-/

The rules of societies are structural in the maintenance of a single, detailed standard. Society is the standard as much as society sets the standard, and wouldn't be a society without one. Asking it to change to accept the concept of consensual zoophilia is also asking people to accept animals as equals, which bothers people that imagine humanity as superior... which is most of humanity. It's a laughable concept that someone would fall on the sword to introduce the legislation to decriminalize it. I'm dying imagining it.

Whether or not it will ever be accepted by the masses, the more decent research that can be done and accepted by the scientific community on the matter, will if nothing else help for a better understanding of zoosexuality being really not that different to other sexual attractions; which fall outside of the normative heterosexual behaviour that is consider the standard we are all suposed to aspire to, in order to be seen as a regular common member of our species.

I just dont like the term paraphillia because it is too closely lumped together with pedo and necro and odd stuff like that... if Cynophile were more widely used id be happy with that!
omfg seriously though! I hate how often we are compared to pedos and rapists! when reddit kicked out all of the zoos they did so at the same time they kicked out the nazis and pedos and honestly it really upsets me every time I see people making those comparisons

Best regards,
ZTHorse
i am sure the info from it was encouraging.

omfg seriously though! I hate how often we are compared to pedos and rapists! when reddit kicked out all of the zoos they did so at the same time they kicked out the nazis and pedos and honestly it really upsets me every time I see people making those comparisons
wow, didn't think of that, thanks for your thinking

Whether or not it will ever be accepted by the masses, the more decent research that can be done and accepted by the scientific community on the matter, will if nothing else help for a better understanding of zoosexuality being really not that different to other sexual attractions; which fall outside of the normative heterosexual behaviour that is consider the standard we are all suposed to aspire to, in order to be seen as a regular common member of our species.
Reality probably won't happen for the masses, but i think it will become a sub-group of society.

A great contribution to our community and our Freedoms...HUGE THANK YOU! (y)
Indeed freedom is what it is all about.

So the ideal destination. Ofc
Grin, that is the goal of about everyone i think, to have that special someone in their life.

i read your post here several times and i am still confused of which side you are on, sorry.
Personally i say live and let live. i happen to be fond of other women. Whether it is a choice or not is still an open discussion.
Whatever your intent, i hope you find peace inside of yourself.

i'm getting up there in age as well, but i am not giving up on living and finding my joy

It would be interesting to know the results (without having to download it.) I’ve read more than my share of white papers, and they are a bore fest. Excerpts in a Kinsey format would be nice….bullet data of interest.

Back