Zoophilia/zoosexuality and my religion

D

doggo_deer

Heyo!
I don't know if anyone else here have spoken about this type of thing (I'm sure at least a handful of you have), but I felt like sharing my sexuality in relations to my religion. So, I'm Pagan and worship the Celtic goddess of horses and (theoretically) the afterlife, Epona. (Or at least dealing with the travel to the afterlife).
I'm sure most of you know this, but for those who don't: Paganism is a really fluid religion/belief and doesn't exactly have any set rules to it. It's basically one of the few religions where cherry-picking is allowed and common kinda. You pick what works for you and you go with it (within reason obviously).
Anyway, most Pagans (in my own experience) believe that NH animals are pretty much equal to humans and believe in reincarnation. So, a human soul and NH soul really aren't that different and are equal. Some Pagans (myself included) even believe that NH animals are above humans. Zoophilia/bestiality has also been prevalent in Pagan practices in the past. Hell, Epona (the goddess I worship and was mentioned earlier) is the offspring of a man who wasn't attracted to humans and decided to make love to a mare! You can interpret that literally or metaphorically, but I myself kind of interpret it as both. But no matter how you interpret this, there was a man who was a zoophile and had sex with a mare. And not only was this not frowned upon or a metaphor for a disgusting act, but if anything, it was seen as normal if not admirable! The result of this action was a goddess for crying out loud!
So I feel like my sexuality is supported by my religion and especially by the goddess I worship.
I feel like a big part of the reason Epona chose me (you can't chose the god(s)/goddess(es) you worship, they chose you) was because of my life long appreciation of horses coupled with the fact I'm zoosexual. And that I was a horse in a past life.

Idk what this thread was, really, but if you guys have an experience with your sexuality coupled with your religion, spirituality, etc., lemme know!

I don't think too much about it. I'm not an atheist, but not religious either. Most people take religions in a very literal way. I mean the Bible is very interesting and have lots of great teachings, but you should take them metaphorically, or at least consider the context before taking something literally.

So I feel like my sexuality is supported by my religion and especially by the goddess I worship.
I feel like a big part of the reason Epona chose me (you can't chose the god(s)/goddess(es) you worship, they chose you) was because of my life long appreciation of horses coupled with the fact I'm zoosexual. And that I was a horse in a past life.

Idk what this thread was, really, but if you guys have an experience with your sexuality coupled with your religion, spirituality, etc., lemme know!

How that part works?

Heyo!
I don't know if anyone else here have spoken about this type of thing (I'm sure at least a handful of you have), but I felt like sharing my sexuality in relations to my religion. So, I'm Pagan and worship the Celtic goddess of horses and (theoretically) the afterlife, Epona. (Or at least dealing with the travel to the afterlife).
I'm sure most of you know this, but for those who don't: Paganism is a really fluid religion/belief and doesn't exactly have any set rules to it. It's basically one of the few religions where cherry-picking is allowed and common kinda. You pick what works for you and you go with it (within reason obviously).
Anyway, most Pagans (in my own experience) believe that NH animals are pretty much equal to humans and believe in reincarnation. So, a human soul and NH soul really aren't that different and are equal. Some Pagans (myself included) even believe that NH animals are above humans. Zoophilia/bestiality has also been prevalent in Pagan practices in the past. Hell, Epona (the goddess I worship and was mentioned earlier) is the offspring of a man who wasn't attracted to humans and decided to make love to a mare! You can interpret that literally or metaphorically, but I myself kind of interpret it as both. But no matter how you interpret this, there was a man who was a zoophile and had sex with a mare. And not only was this not frowned upon or a metaphor for a disgusting act, but if anything, it was seen as normal if not admirable! The result of this action was a goddess for crying out loud!

Some religions already hold animals in high esteem. Although I may be incorrect, Hinduism is one of them.

Here's a widespread quote from one of the scriptures of the religion I hail from

"He who lays with a sheep shall be executed along with the sheep"

So you can guess I'm not a big fan of religion. Not only because I'm a zoo; this quote is only a small example of a lot of abhorrent crap written in that religion.

I'm a Satanist myself. Pretty much sinning is for pleasure and pleasure is for the taking. As long as no one is hurt in non consensual ways you can do anything to achieve pleasure. Pleasure is the ultimate goal in life for us. Well I say is but the satanic religion is anything but structured or cohesive anymore unfortunately. But zoophilia is welcome as long as you don't hurt the animal!

I don't think too much about it. I'm not an atheist, but not religious either. Most people take religions in a very literal way. I mean the Bible is very interesting and have lots of great teachings, but you should take them metaphorically, or at least consider the context before taking something literally.

How that part works?
It's a little complicated but you can't just pick a deity to serve. It's more like, you just get called to serve them. Idk how to explain it XD

I was raised under a very strict religious grand parents and my admiration for k9s caused me no small amount of stress with the worry of enteral damnation while growing up. While I still do believe in a God. I don't believe that he/she/it micromanages the daily lives of us mere mortals. That if you at least try to be a good person then that is enough. I also figure that since he hasn't struck me down yet for my dog loving ways he either doesn't mind....or he is more of a pervert than scripture gives him credit for.....lol *looks up at the sky nervously*

I was raised under a very strict religious grand parents and my admiration for k9s caused me no small amount of stress with the worry of enteral damnation while growing up. While I still do believe in a God. I don't believe that he/she/it micromanages the daily lives of us mere mortals. That if you at least try to be a good person then that is enough. I also figure that since he hasn't struck me down yet for my dog loving ways he either doesn't mind....or he is more of a pervert than scripture gives him credit for.....lol *looks up at the sky nervously*
A "deity" that blames imperfect beings for imperfections they cannot alter and condemns those beings for being imperfect is not a deity that cares about making you "perfect" - it's a "deity" that simply wants you to obey. As long as you obey, there's no need for micromanagement - because that deity IS the management itself now, and what it wants, it gets.

Edited for spelling

Last edited:
The vast majority of contemporary religions condemn sex with animals. I am glad you found one that is supportive, but most people here will be unable to claim the same.

The celtic pagans may have celebrated sex between humans and animals, but I wouldn't even assume that. The gods of many religions feature "fruitful unions" with animals or inanimate objects that clearly would never work in the "real world", but supernatural parentage was pretty much required for any would-be deity. It doesn't necessarily mean humans were expected to emulate or celebrated for emulating the stories.

Pretty much all other religions leave it as an unaddressed topic, or proscribe extremely harsh punishment for zoo type relations. I am non-religious, and glad for it in this case. I have enough to deal with without worrying about my own religion attacking me.

Last edited:
Back