Zoophilia, bestiality, love, attraction, and semantic gaps

Zalanthe

Citizen of Zooville
As the introduction, let me start by A: Apologizing for if this topic has already been flipped before, it is not exactly easy to search for unless I hit the exact keywords that the search function wants. B: Apologizing for if this isn't the right place to post it, though having finally dared to look inside other parts of the forum, this seems most appropriate to me.

With that out of the way, I want to discuss something rather esoteric. Looking through the various threads, I see a lot of questions regarding, or posts expressing both attraction to animals, as well as more intimate, emotional connections, and more. Now, in English, the word 'love' is extremely flexible, and can be applied in a lot of ways. Philia itself means a kind of companionly love, friendship, yet the English 'love' often includes that understanding in the ways it can be used, along with all the other Greek variations of love/affection(storge, agape, eros). What all those four have in common is that they are completely personal and ethereal, so you would not assign them to your favourite baryon or skirt. For those kinds of things, it has more in common with 'Attraction', and before thinking about it, I'd think that would be in the realm of bestiality fetishes rather than zoophilia when it comes to us on the forum, as it relies on superficial values, whether broadly or narrowly defined, rather than an actual relation between you and animal in question. Yet looking around, especially in the zoo exclusive section, I've noticed a noticable amount of talk about attraction, rather than a focus on the more personal side of the coin that I expected to be more important.

I'm personally not qualified to be called exclusive by any means. Attraction wise, I can find aesthetic appeal in animals, but not in the same erotic sense I find towards men. In terms of affection, I don't feel like my animal relationship could be considered eros like one would a human lover. I'd certainly not marry either my horse or my dog if I could, yet I still love them dearly. Hence, what I want to hear about from the rest of you, is how you consider your relationship with your companion(s). What kind of affection and/or attraction characterises your zoophilia? Hopefully the post is readable, because trying to put these thoughts into words was harder than expected.

There is a topic, but I can't remember where it is at the moment (I even posted the Greek loves in it, derp!)

For me, it depends on the animal and connection. Dogs & horses I can have eros. I feel storge or philia towards cats.

I have been attracted to other animals, but that's more or less fantasy (deer, goats, etc)

There is a topic, but I can't remember where it is at the moment (I even posted the Greek loves in it, derp!)

For me, it depends on the animal and connection. Dogs & horses I can have eros. I feel storge or philia towards cats.

I have been attracted to other animals, but that's more or less fantasy (deer, goats, etc)
But would you consider it a complete point for point substitute for the human equivalent, or is it something more nuanced and different from that context?

Back