Zooier than Thou Podcast terminated from YouTube

ShanoirII

Citizen of Zooville
I went to check ZooTT on YouTube today to see if there were any new uploads or comments, but the channel has been taken down.
"This account has been terminated due to multiple or severe violations of YouTube's policy on nudity or sexual content. "
Dang it... YouTube was the most easily-accessible way for me to view the Podcast, since my browser does not work well with other audio player sites. Plus, there were many interesting conversations in the Comments sections on those videos that I would have liked to have saved.
A while ago, I expressed concern over how much the channel was getting reported by trolls, yet they said I did not need to fear the channel being pulled, as they were not breaking the Terms of Service, and YouTube is slow to respond to reports. Welp.
Luckily, all the videos are saved on at least two different sites, including zoo.wtf - it is just a shame we lost the YouTube copies.
The reason I wanted to watch a video there was to shake off a bit of anti-zoo garbage I just underwent, but it seems like I was beaten to the punch.
I am going to download the audio and store it on an external drive just in case. I do not want the episodes of this Podcast to be lost.

Seriously, YouTube could not even let zoos have this one little victory? Just a tiny little section of fair representation on the entire vitriolic website?

Wow! Just freaking WOW! I had to go check for myself, since it's been awhile since I've listened to the show.

"This account has been terminated due to multiple or severe violations of YouTube's policy on nudity or sexual content. "

That's like... not even a valid excuse. Nudity? When? Sexual content? What just talking about it? That's like 47% all the content on there. Whether it be science related to sex, a discussion related to sex, or comedy related to sex. I guess since it's related to "sex with animals" and "zoophilia" it's somehow different, and gets a special form of classification of sorts. Let's just hope @TogglesHappyZoo has a backup off all his videos!

Edit: Oops, I forgot to check his website first. They are all safe and sound in an audio format.

Last edited:
It's just another case of SCREWTUBE strikes again :-( I belong to a non-zoo youtube dog channel where they censored a simple video of a couple of dogs hunting easter eggs . How fucking stupid is that shit ?????

I mean, who cares.
Plenty of zoos do. I might have only listened to it for novelty purposes, myself. Primarily because I've long since accepted my sexuality as legitimate years ago. But for a lot of zoos, especially zoos that are struggling to accept their feeling about the matter. It has been a game changing resource, and a wealth of information. For many people, that podcast meant a lot to them.

Last edited:
Plenty of zoos do. I might have only listened to it for novelty purposes, myself. Because I've long since accepted my sexuality as legitimate. But for a lot of zoos, especially zoos that are struggling to accept their feeling about the matter. It has been a game changing resource, and a wealth of information. For many, the podcast means a lot to them.
I have not seen or herd it myself, but it makes sense in a way to be able to hear someone talk about it over just reading what people have to say I guess.
Hearing it and reading it hits you differently

Yeah YouTube is sliding into "family-friendly" and "advertiser-friendly" format, and promoting "trusted sources" for the news.

They are becoming the dragon they have slain, the Mass Media. And this will be their undoing eventually.

I find Bitchute and LBRY the good alternative.
They are a bit crap with speeds and recommendations algorithm.
But still bearable.

Plenty of zoos do. I might have only listened to it for novelty purposes, myself. Because I've long since accepted my sexuality as legitimate. But for a lot of zoos, especially zoos that are struggling to accept their feeling about the matter. It has been a game changing resource, and a wealth of information. For many, the podcast means a lot to them.
Yeah, maybe, but this isn't my point. We have to accept that the "broadcast yourself" youtube age is over. Like Spawn86 wrote, Youtube is a mainstream plattform now, it belongs to Fox/CNN/Disney/TimeWarner.... and so on, now. Even PewDiePee isn't there welcome anymore... so it's not a thing exclusive to zoo content. I think, this year alone 10 channels or so, that I followed, where banned. Some because they reportet on taboo topics like Corona.
You simply have to realize this and switch to another plattform like Bitchute or DTube. Youtube will hopefully go the way of Yahoo and MySpace.

Last edited:
I remember when I first encountered the podcast it meant quite a bit to me. I remember listening to it while I was at work. Really opened my eyes to just how many of us there are

Sometimes, ya just gotta live in the real world....why WOULD ANYONE think that youtube would do anything else? Its for profit, now, if it ever wasn't...

When Suzy Creamcheese came home and found little Suzy and brother Billy listening, it was going to be doomed. Many folks here might "be surprised at how many of us there are "....BUT we are living in the echo chamber....there really aren't that many of us....it just looks like it.
At the same time, it looks to Ms Creamcheese as though there's ten times as many....and we are a threat. Her little Suzy isn't sleeping in the doggie's bed, and Billykins isnt gonna boink the Kitty or the Parrot, if SHE has anything to say about it. So she writes letters.... She writes her Senator, Representative, minister or priest, and the Site owners, threatening to boycott them and have all her bridge club friends do that too.....if you're Disney or Fox, when you hear THAT word, you act....because Boycotts hurt Dividends, and hurt dividends hurt Boards Of Directors, who LIKE their cushy jobs...
So...the interesting thing here is not that the Podcast has gotten the boot, but that it lasted this long.

Kind of surprised. More so that I just found out Zooier Than Thou is a thing than YouTube removing the channel. What is it exactly and is it worth seeking out?

Yeah, maybe, but this isn't my point. We have to accept that the "broadcast yourself" youtube age is over. Like Spawn86 wrote, Youtube is a mainstream plattform now, it belongs to Fox/CNN/Disney/TimeWarner.... and so on, now. Even PewDiePee isn't there welcome anymore... so it's not a thing exclusive to zoo content. I think, this year alone 10 channels or so, that I followed, where banned. Some because they reportet on taboo topics like Corona.
You simply have to realize this and switch to another plattform like Bitchute or DTube. Youtube will hopefully go the way of Yahoo and MySpace.
Well, okay I see your point. Which is why I quoted that one little section of that reply of yours.

The issue of youtube goes WAY down the rabbit hole if you really look into it. Many of the "YouTube Competitors" and "YouTube Killers" that start gaining traction are often bought out by large media companies and forcefully shut down. Vessel is a good example of that. It was bought by Verizon Communications and effectively shut down when they had zero use for it. The same thing happened to Mixer, which was bought out by Microsoft and subsequently shut down. These two were starting to gain a lot of traction and were becoming too popular for their own good. I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing eventually happens to DTube, tbh.

The largest YouTube Competitor in recent history was Vid.me, they were legitimately gaining a lot of attraction and seeing a lot of cross platform posting from YouTube. They refused to be bought several times but eventually they closed their doors when operating costs became too high from paying content creator advertising money, they were shoveling out money left and right to the point it was not profitable nor sustainable. Google refused to advertise on their platform for obvious reasons. Google owns YouTube. It's a shame, because many of my favorite YouTubers at the time were starting to post over on Vid.me as well. I was honestly thinking about making it my "go-to" site. But it shut down for good not too long after I was warming up to the idea.

It's hard to compete with YouTube when it has big daddy Google money behind it. A good about of these competitors allow free speech but cannot offer monetization of content posted. As a result, YouTube can freely dick around it's very content creators. Sucking them dry of any money there is to be made if you do not conform to their standards. Talk about Sex in the middle age for educational purposes? If you are not apart of the established YouTuber elite, you will make no money from it. Play a 5 second clip of a song? All your revenue, even if the video was 10 minutes long, will go to the record company's pockets. There have been cases of people literally buying the rights to use a video into templates and having their videos either get demonetized, or the video terminated. Why? Because some media company also bought the rights to use the very same into template and amped the content flagging too high. Want to fight these claims? You get a limited amount of characters to send over to the people claiming your video in the first place, hoping they will take pity on you.

It's absolute madness! Madness I tell ya!

honestly? zoo than thou should find a alternative (aka more free) version of dictatorship called youtube their rules are getting stupid. if theres a alternative site for this group let me know and ill listen to it.

Well, okay I see your point. Which is why I quoted that one little section of that reply of yours.

Yeah, but quoting just this sentence takes it all out of context. It was meant to express a desperate ignorance.

The issue of youtube goes WAY down the rabbit hole if you really look into it. Many of the "YouTube Competitors" and "YouTube Killers" that start gaining traction are often bought out by large media companies and forcefully shut down. Vessel is a good example of that. It was bought by Verizon Communications and effectively shut down when they had zero use for it. The same thing happened to Mixer, which was bought out by Microsoft and subsequently shut down. These two were starting to gain a lot of traction and were becoming too popular for their own good. I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing eventually happens to DTube, tbh.

The largest YouTube Competitor in recent history was Vid.me, they were legitimately gaining a lot of attraction and seeing a lot of cross platform posting from YouTube. They refused to be bought several times but eventually they closed their doors when operating costs became too high from paying content creator advertising money, they were shoveling out money left and right to the point it was not profitable nor sustainable. Google refused to advertise on their platform for obvious reasons. Google owns YouTube. It's a shame, because many of my favorite YouTubers at the time were starting to post over on Vid.me as well. I was honestly thinking about making it my "go-to" site. But it shut down for good not too long after I was warming up to the idea.

No, there's a difference... Bitchute and Dtube operate on decentralized blockchain technology, unlike Youtube, Vidme, Dailymotion and so on.
Technically they have more in common with Piratebay. Direct gouverment action will be a greater problem than the infiltration through big corp.

It's hard to compete with YouTube when it has big daddy Google money behind it. A good about of these competitors allow free speech but cannot offer monetization of content posted. As a result, YouTube can freely dick around it's very content creators. Sucking them dry of any money there is to be made if you do not conform to their standards. Talk about Sex in the middle age for educational purposes? If you are not apart of the established YouTuber elite, you will make no money from it. Play a 5 second clip of a song? All your revenue, even if the video was 10 minutes long, will go to the record company's pockets. There have been cases of people literally buying the rights to use a video into templates and having their videos either get demonetized, or the video terminated. Why? Because some media company also bought the rights to use the very same into template and amped the content flagging too high. Want to fight these claims? You get a limited amount of characters to send over to the people claiming your video in the first place, hoping they will take pity on you.

It's absolute madness! Madness I tell ya!
Youtube really isn't that profitable for Google after all. It always was more or less a dead end. Users left legacy media, they will left Youtube too, if they show the same old shit and become just another mainstream streaming site...
Internet changed it's face every decade. Now it's Youtube and Facebook that are running to the end their lifecicles... New stuff will come and go...
Honestly, I'm way more worried about the rise of quantum computing and the changes that will bring.

Yeah, but quoting just this sentence takes it all out of context. It was meant to express a desperate ignorance.

No, there's a difference... Bitchute and Dtube operate on decentralized blockchain technology, unlike Youtube, Vidme, Dailymotion and so on.
Technically they have more in common with Piratebay. Direct gouverment action will be a greater problem than the infiltration through big corp.

Youtube really isn't that profitable for Google after all. It always was more or less a dead end. Users left legacy media, they will left Youtube too, if they show the same old shit and become just another mainstream streaming site...
Internet changed it's face every decade. Now it's Youtube and Facebook that are running to the end their lifecicles... New stuff will come and go...
Honestly, I'm way more worried about the rise of quantum computing and the changes that will bring.
why u worried of quantum computing?

if something can break such encryption then obviously that means security will be that much stronger.

Damn, never had the chance to listen to it myself but i would have loved to see actual open discourse on the subject. Youtube is a dumpster fire these days unfortunately, but hopefully with section 230 repeal we will at least see them get what they deserve for it. Its a shame every time discussion is open somewhere it gets shot down. So many people would rather scream over someone and reject reason then have actual conversation these days. Maybe someday open discussion will be free again, until then i guess being shunned and hidden from view by the most vocal against us in the name of stopping civil discourse is our fate.

if something can break such encryption then obviously that means security will be that much stronger.
Yeah, they allready working on such solutions, but think about it, all our recent technological infrastucture will be nullified when the first affordable quantum computers pops up and goes in the hands of (gouverment-) hackers. I don't know if humanity can handle such a technological leap.

Yeah, they allready working on such solutions, but think about it, all our recent technological infrastucture will be nullified when the first affordable quantum computers pops up and goes in the hands of (gouverment-) hackers.
offensive hacking isnt better then defensive security remember that theres always a way in but theres always a patch also.

offensive hacking isnt better then defensive security remember that theres always a way in but theres always a patch also.
Yeah shure... but all of our experience with that stuff is based on recent technology and it's relative slow and steady grow. Quantum computing will be unlike anything we saw before, a whole new definition of rules.
Also, as I said, The Singularity will be another thing we will face in our lifetime...
And if Elon Musk is worried, we all should.

but hopefully with section 230 repeal we will at least see them get what they deserve for it.
I don't know... I think they allready prepare for that. I mean, those people aren't stupid. The whole going mainstream thing is propably their solution.
The new european Directive on "Copyright in the digital single marked" is another thing that will come next year and will force Youtube to implement more strict upload filters for digital content. And yes, this will have global consequences, not just for the EU. I wished Youtube, Tic Toc, Facebook and so on would block europe alltogether, so the youth wakes up and revolt against those ever tighter shackles...
God, I miss the time when youtube promoted absolute free speech... today they seem to bow down to the censoring rules of every single country of earth. I recently read a mainstream artice where Bitchute and Dtube were labled "Nazi youtubes" because they don't censor.... man, times have changed... sometimes I'm happy that our lifetime is limited.... so we don't have to see the civilization goes to shit every 100 year cycle...

Last edited:
Aaaanyways...

where can i find this podcast? Was it only on youtube or should i be able to find it on other platforms?

asking for a friend who is me, lol

Back