Worry or Loneliness?

Panda Chen

Zooville Settler
Was wondering what people would choose of worry or loneliness.
If I have no one around I feel lonely but if there is an individual there I constantly worry about loss or harm to them or any number of other things. Not sure which is worse at this point.
For the purpose of this thread it can be human or non human. Whatever you relate to.

I can relate to both. I have few people in my life and spent my whole youth worrying about a future that ended up being inevitable. I can't tell you what to do but I've simply learned to embrace it because there really isn't any other feasible option for me at the end of the day.

Loneliness is something you can definitely get used to but I wish that people would never get used to it. It's truly awful. You can get over being worried all the time and I think that would be the better outcome. Getting over loneliness is accepting that you will just be alone forever.

I would also argue that being in a lonely state makes you worried that you will remain in that state. Much better to have things to worry about than not have others that you love with you.
Some of us are already there. We're known as invisible people. I wish I accepted this ages ago but a part of me still shares your mentality thus I haven't fully gotten over it.

Personally, I don't think loneliness hits me that hard. I hung out with friends outside of school a handful of times all through middle school and high school and I was never really interested in changing that fact. At the moment I live with a couple others in a fairly big city. I'm not sure whether I prefer this to just living out in a cabin somewhere and my newfound involvement in the Zoo community has turned the tides towards wanting to live alone. It's just kind of stressful having to hide it. Worrying about others' wellbeing doesn't play into it at all, they can handle themselves. Probably my ideal setup would be living in a wooded area outside of a small town, and with a dog. Not even necessarily in a zoo relationship, just to have a dog lol.

Loneliness is something you can definitely get used to but I wish that people would never get used to it. It's truly awful. You can get over being worried all the time and I think that would be the better outcome. Getting over loneliness is accepting that you will just be alone forever.

I would also argue that being in a lonely state makes you worried that you will remain in that state. Much better to have things to worry about than not have others that you love with you.
I don't believe accepting of being forever alone works. Problem is that like trying to suppress being zoo it also doesn't go away. It is always there waiting to emerge again, just maybe hidden for a while.

Some of us are already there. We're known as invisible people. I wish I accepted this ages ago but a part of me still shares your mentality thus I haven't fully gotten over it.
You are not invisible nor am I. I however am not fully seen either. The only on who saw all of who I am was my boy. His beautiful eyes could look right through me and knew even the things I could not see myself. Some people can have no one and not feel alone. Some can have their life be filled with people and you still feel alone. And then once in a while some individual can just sit there in silence with you and you feel known and heard. I think that may be what loneliness is most often is not feeling know or heard. Having so much that just can't be shared. Possibly why many zoos experience that feeling.

Better off alone. The less people you know the less you have to worry about. Plus you’ll begin to find comfort in being alone over time. It sucks at first but it gets better later on.

Better off alone. The less people you know the less you have to worry about. Plus you’ll begin to find comfort in being alone over time. It sucks at first but it gets better later on.
At least for men... Every time a woman gets older and she's single and childless, we see how that goes.

I prefer worry to loneliness.
As I see it, at least you have things to remeber. Where you can only fantisize from oure loneliness. And that can sometimes ruin the (hopefully) eventual real interactions by giving you too high of expectations, that may never be able to live up to your fantasy.

never lonely because of my furry friends

The lonely comes later.

I thought I had replied to this thread, but it would seem I have not.

I'm a dogzoo, so lifespans are more problematic than for some others. There's always some worry when there's a health problem and occasionally I'll get into a train of thought that takes me down the road of thinking about the inevitable end, but it's not something I tend to obsess over until I'm having to deal with it as an impending issue or come to terms with what's already happened.

After a loss I often have a stage where I think, "That's it, last dog. I cant do this anymore.", but eventually I process the loss and I start missing having a dog in my life and that would lead to getting another. Recently I've been working on getting a dog at an interval of a set number of years so that when loss does happen I have the others to help keep me on track and to have someone to help distract me from the misery. It certainly doesn't make it easier, as I still have to process the loss, but I think it helps keep me from falling into a pit of despair and letting my life fall apart. Having other dogs to take care of who need to be fed, walked, worked with, etc forces me to get moving when I might otherwise just try to sleep away the time or blot it all out other ways.

I find when there's someone you love you'll constantly be worried about them no matter what, its only the level of worry that varies.

Take her to the beach and i worry shell hurt her paws on the rocks or get bit by something poisonous in the water (or on land).
Stay at home and worry shes bored or that shes not getting any quality of life.
Worry about snakes outside the house.
Worry about spiders inside the house.
Worry if she's not eating because she hates the food or if she's sick (akitas suck when foods involved).

So yeh i worry alot about my girl, but i much rather worry about her than never know what it was like to have her in the first place.

I find when there's someone you love you'll constantly be worried about them no matter what, its only the level of worry that varies.

Take her to the beach and i worry shell hurt her paws on the rocks or get bit by something poisonous in the water (or on land).
Stay at home and worry shes bored or that shes not getting any quality of life.
Worry about snakes outside the house.
Worry about spiders inside the house.
Worry if she's not eating because she hates the food or if she's sick (akitas suck when foods involved).

So yeh i worry alot about my girl, but i much rather worry about her than never know what it was like to have her in the first place.
At that point you need to accept the risks of life and move on. There's only so much you can worry about before that worry becomes irrational.

At that point you need to accept the risks of life and move on. There's only so much you can worry about before that worry becomes irrational.
Thats why i say variable levels of worry, im not pulling my hair out with worry that there's a snake in the garden, but i am aware that theres better than average chance there is (depending on the time of year) and if either of us get bitten we could die if i don't get an antivennom in under a minute.

In some places worry is healthy i think, but don't let it consume you or you'll never go anywhere.
Me and my girl still play in the water and i the garden after all.

Thats why i say variable levels of worry, im not pulling my hair out with worry that there's a snake in the garden, but i am aware that theres better than average chance there is (depending on the time of year) and if either of us get bitten we could die if i don't get an antivennom in under a minute.

In some places worry is healthy i think, but don't let it consume you or you'll never go anywhere.
Me and my girl still play in the water and i the garden after all.
At this point it's really just best to move on.

Back