Why is it called mating when we have sex with female dogs?

Mikeh3593

Zooville Settler
I've never had sex with one before, but it seems to be people that do say there is a clear distinction between having sex with a human, and then they refer to their female wifeys as mating, but hardly ever sex? just making love too.. why does it seem like such a different act than with a woman? is it because you feel like you are actually copulating every time?

I think the possibility of reproduction makes the act of sex with another human far more serious that that of an animal companion. If my mate and I just wanted to have a good time, she would present and we would have some fun, but if your fellow human companion did that you would need to take measures to avoid pregnancy.

definitely depends on who you talk to. some people say "mating", but i sure don't. with me, it's either "i just had sex with my donkey" or "i just fucked my donkey", never "i just mated with my donkey". *shrug*

When a male dog has sex with a female dog, generally that action is called "mating." However in this case a male human is taking the place of a male dog, but many still call it "mating" regardless. Heck I've even called it that before.

But, I have seen a handful of people claim that it's only mating when it comes to a male human/female dog when the man cums inside of the canine's pussy. In fact, I think I can only recall like 3 or 4 people claiming this over the years.

Me, I generally refer it as either "having sex" or "making love" when I do the deed with my female dog.

I've never had sex with one before, but it seems to be people that do say there is a clear distinction between having sex with a human, and then they refer to their female wifeys as mating, but hardly ever sex? just making love too.. why does it seem like such a different act than with a woman? is it because you feel like you are actually copulating every time?
I think it is mostly like the furry community not liking that word and calling it yiffing.

I think it is basically the same thing, they feel insulted to call it a crude word like ...... Fucking.

I think it is basically the same thing, that make some pissed of if you call their dog a Bitch. It does not matter that is the scientific word for her, it is the fact that many call women bitches as well, that soaks thru their tissue paper thin skin to offend them.

Quite a few i have chatted with consider Fucking, a crude insulting word, which, many of them consider Fucking, to be something beastilits do. which they themselves would never do. :eek:

I think many feel insulted that you would dare call what they do with their bitch(sorry... wifey, mate, ect.) Fucking.
Zoo's would never ever simply Fuck a bitch(sorry again .... wifey, mate, ect.). They care too much about her, to do such a thing, and how dare you not see the difference between (mating, making love, ect.), and simple animal fucking.
wtf.jpgMaybe your the animal fucker

Not them

P.S. YES, I am being sarcastic to a point.
The point being, that i have talked to many who actually do think that way.

I will also add my actual dime
With a bitch it has always seemed more intimate, similar to with a women. We have sex, sometimes we have MIND NUMBING sex.
But with a dog, it can be, with the right stud, sex.
Most of the time it is pretty much just plain and simple Fucking. Sometimes absolutely mind numbing take your breath away FUCK the shit out of you fucking.
For many dogs you can't really call it sex because it doesn't feel like it. It feels like he is flat out simply Fucking you.

hqdefault.jpg

in-case-of-fire-break-glass-marshmallows.jpg

I certainly know what U mean, as I've seen some of that here 2. For me, I probably use the terms "sex" and "fuck(ing)" most often. Perhaps it's because I started out on the family farm and was too immature to use other words and over time it just became a habit to continue using these same words... a throwback to my youth, if U will.

Also, I like the sound of the "F" word because, for me, it communicates the raw nature of this beautiful act of love making.

Last edited:
I have not noticed this. Certainly I do not see that distinction from my point of view. I use the words sex, mating, making love interchangeably.
When animal sex is discussed it is usually called mating so maybe it comes from there. Though humans are animals so we do mating too. :D
I like your perspective honestly. But I think mating has a heavier implication for the act of reproduction.

I found this definition online:

In biology, mating is the pairing of either opposite-sex or hermaphroditic organisms for the purposes of sexual reproduction. Fertilization is the fusion of two gametes. Copulation is the union of the sex organs of two sexually reproducing animals for insemination and subsequent internal fertilization.

- Wikipedia

I generally call it mating, but I just always have. I've also used sex and making love with mating, cause it's basically the same.

I prefer not to call it fucking, despite my generally sailor-like mouth, it just feels far too crude. But that has a lot to do with my bond to them. It doesn't offend me, tho, when others say it, it's just not how I roll with it.

I generally call it mating, but I just always have. I've also used sex and making love with mating, cause it's basically the same.

I prefer not to call it fucking, despite my generally sailor-like mouth, it just feels far too crude. But that has a lot to do with my bond to them. It doesn't offend me, tho, when others say it, it's just not how I roll with it.
I use all of the above, though interestingly I usually only use "fuck" in a joking manner towards my dog when I actually have no intention of doing anything just then. It slips out in general sessions of petting and playing. "Good girl! You're so nice! You're a very good girl! I'm gonna fuck your pussy!" It's good to use a word I don't normally use when I'm serious, so she doesn't get confused. I do sometimes worry I'll let that slip in front of company. How do I explain that one? "Uhhh... did I say I would fuck her pussy? That's an inside joke. She gets it."

I use all of the above, though interestingly I usually only use "fuck" in a joking manner towards my dog when I actually have no intention of doing anything just then. It slips out in general sessions of petting and playing. "Good girl! You're so nice! You're a very good girl! I'm gonna fuck your pussy!" It's good to use a word I don't normally use when I'm serious, so she doesn't get confused. I do sometimes worry I'll let that slip in front of company. How do I explain that one? "Uhhh... did I say I would fuck her pussy? That's an inside joke. She gets it."
Can imagine the looks on faces when it slips 🤣. That makes sense, I use fuck on a daily basis, it could be a subconscious thing that said "hey, maybe a trigger like that is bad news bears".

My personal feelings is that "mating" is interchangeable with "making love" and kind of implies a more procreative intent in the feelings towards the act. Like, you might be having sex, but when you are "mating" or "making love", it will be bare skin and it will end with a deep and complete ejaculation. You can have sex with any willing partner, but you only make love the your romantic partner- your mate.

I call it mating because that’s what I’m doing. I’m ejaculating deeply in my bitch. I fantasize about my boys swimming in her.
That’s hot and I would probably fantasize about the same if I was cumming in my girl regularly

I don't think I've ever said "mated". I have said sex, fuck, and make love.

I'll never call an animal my wife, girlfriend, or mate.

Mating is a more animalistic word. Some people just prefer to use it because it sounds more suitable or arousing to them.

Back