wholesome zoo moments thread !!

ill start! when i was going to take my doggo out earlier, i looked at him and he was just looking up at me so dorky and happy that i grinned and leaned down and gave him a kiss on the front of his muzzle, and he gave me a small lick back. this has happened a few times, maybe three, but this was very cute cause he actually kissed me back for the first time! :husky_love:

My male husky will come over to me while I'm laying on the sofa and playing on my phone and he'll lay his head on my chest or shoulder to watch what I'm doing. I'll pull up a video with squirrels or rabbits for him and he'll nose at my phone to see where they went when they go off screen. Other wholesome moment was when I was letting the dogs back in, my mix breed boy and female husky were still outside and sitting on the back porch when I didn't total forget to let them in. My husky leaned over and nuzzled his ear.

My boy suffers from a chronic illness, and every now and then he has episodes in which he’s in immense pain. When this happens, I hold his head in my lap, close his eyes, and hum to him until the episode passes. Afterwards, he’s back to wagging his tail at me and giving me thank you kisses.

It’s not a very fun situation for him to be in, but I’m happy he finds comfort in my company. It’s the least I could do for him. After all, he comforts me when I’m in pain as well.

My boy suffers from a chronic illness, and every now and then he has episodes in which he’s in immense pain. When this happens, I hold his head in my lap, close his eyes, and hum to him until the episode passes. Afterwards, he’s back to wagging his tail at me and giving me thank you kisses.

It’s not a very fun situation for him to be in, but I’m happy he finds comfort in my company. It’s the least I could do for him. After all, he comforts me when I’m in pain as well.
Geez I hope there is treatment for that debilitating condition

Well, he’s on a cocktail of medication, which has been working pretty well, but every now and then his condition wavers :/. Sadly there’s no cure, but he’s a tough boy. He’s pulled through and smiled despite his circumstances.
I know there's no cure but at least its something

oh wow, this is both very sad and very very sweet, youre an amazing partner for helping him through such horrible experiences, and i hope he finds peace in day-to-day life aside from his episodes!

My husky girl randomly looks at me and gives me a kiss on the lips out of the blue.
Say I'm laying in bed looking at my phone, she'll stare at me and when I look at her, lick my lips and she'll continue whatever she was doing

Same when we sleep, she sleeps near my feet or on the floor and I wake up with her snoring next to me. I open my eyes and see her two triangle ears, rarely her face but it happens sometimes

I have an extremely large dog bed which is soft and plush and has been one of our ‘plays pots’. The 1st time he knotted me on the bed it was intense and kind of exhausting, the knot lasted a long time. After he pulled out I laid back on the bed next to him and fell asleep, a while later I woke up and he was there, his face inches from Mine and he licked me. I opened my mouth and he licked me more - 1st time he initiated a ‘kiss’.

A lion friend I knew from long ago would come to me when I called him - if he felt so inclined, of course, you know what independent souls cats are! - and solicit scritches from me. He especially liked being scritched inside his mane, pushing my hand right down to the soft warm skin below. Then he would lick my hand, as if saying, thanks for relieving the itches! He also let me feel his balls once - but I've already told that story elsewhere.

I sit with my stallion in his stall at night and he will lay down and let me lay with him. I love to cuddle up with him and he will lay his head across my body and go to sleep. It is especially nice when he dreams while I am with him because he will nicker and nuzzle me while he dreams.

A specific time was when my gelding had a bad bout of laminitis. It was not the first time and he was in so much pain. He would not stand up because it hurt too much. I was sitting in the corner of his stall crying my eyes out. He nickered at me softly, stood up, limped over to me and started grooming me gently. Even though he was in so much pain he wanted to comfort me. He is the sweetest most precious soul that will ever exist.

I burst into tears while watching a movie one evening, and my GSD jumped up off his bed and started growling quickly looking around for what had made me cry. Finding nothing he then came over and put a paw on my leg. I scritched behind his ear and told him it was ok, I was just sad. I turned off the TV and we curled up on his big dog bed and went to sleep together.

I burst into tears while watching a movie one evening, and my GSD jumped up off his bed and started growling quickly looking around for what had made me cry. Finding nothing he then came over and put a paw on my leg. I scritched behind his ear and told him it was ok, I was just sad. I turned off the TV and we curled up on his big dog bed and went to sleep together.
Owwww, I hope my doggo cares about me just like that...

Owwww, I hope my doggo cares about me just like that...
I hope that for you too; when you have a close bond with a dog, they can be very attuned to your moods and can often be there for you just when you need it the most.

My boy is pretty laid back and my girl is crazy, when she's having one of her hyper moments, my boy comes to me and buries his head between my legs to hide from her craziness. She's also pretty much glued to my side, once she was being too lazy and wouldn't come upstairs to bed so I left her, in the middle of the night she woke up, couldn't see me and started barking the house down, so I had to go down and get her.

My previous mare partner seeing me at the yard after I hadn't been for a couple of days (she was a horse share, I hadn't abandoned her) she ran the length of the riding school when she saw me, misjudged the distance and ran straight in to a wall, cue wonderful evening of looking after her bruised head and pride, I'll see you at the bridge sweetheart....

My boy is pretty laid back and my girl is crazy, when she's having one of her hyper moments, my boy comes to me and buries his head between my legs to hide from her craziness. She's also pretty much glued to my side, once she was being too lazy and wouldn't come upstairs to bed so I left her, in the middle of the night she woke up, couldn't see me and started barking the house down, so I had to go down and get her.
Better install a VIP (Very Important Pup) Lift for her next time your doing rennos on the house, so she can travel upstairs in the style suitable for her grace. Only peasants and boy dogs "walk" up stairs. :gsd_grin: Lucky she had a knight in shining Pajarmers to come get the damisal in distress. :gsd_wink:

Better install a VIP (Very Important Pup) Lift for her next time your doing rennos on the house, so she can travel upstairs in the style suitable for her grace. Only peasants and boy dogs "walk" up stairs. :gsd_grin: Lucky she had a knight in shining Pajarmers to come get the damisal in distress. :gsd_wink:
Nah, she much prefers her human stair lift when she's too tired, like "Butler, please whisk one upstairs, I wish to sleep on your side of the bed".
Plus she's now banned from sleeping downstairs on a night 😆, she sleeps so deeply and wakes up all confused

to be honest I don't remember how many times I have wholesome moments. but there's one I remember and probably will never forget.
it happen one day I arrived from school and during this time I was living in my grandmother's farm. and her had a little tiny female dog who comes to me very happy when she see me on the entrance. After I entered in the house, she layed with her belly up probably asking for belly rub but something more happen.
She squirted all over the place and that makes me fell really embraced because it was in front of my parents....... so I never played with her but that reception was really awesome.

I work at home so on the hour that I usually take for lunch I will go inside and make something to eat and sit on the couch. Well yesterday when I sat down to eat my girl went and got her favorite toy off the bed and brought it to me and then fell asleep with her head in my lap ❤. Needless to say my lunch break was longer that usually, because I couldn’t bring myself to wake her up.

Well, I am sick today and I was laying in bed feeling like shit. My girl stretched then rolled over and put her paw around me. She started nuzzling me and licking my face in an attempt to make me feel better. Though I could see the concern in her eyes so hopefully, I am not mega sick.

When my mule and I slept together for the first time. She rested her head over my torso which was the most beautiful thing she's done. I love her with all my heart and soul. <3

Back