Where do you think people usually cross the line between zoo and furry? (and vice versa)

Red Zoo

Citizen of Zooville
How many people do you think that are zoo but are not into furrys, or furrys that are not into zoo?

This is something i have always wondered. I have seen plenty of furrys that liked beastiality hentai but were not into bestiality itself, and some people that were into bestiality but not into furry.

What are your thoughts on that? Are you a furry that are into zoo or not?

If that's the case, how did you started getting into zoo? It was because of furry hentai or something like that?

What do you think about?

I'd wager that there are more antizoo furries, than there are antifurry zoo's.

I'm a zoo, dabbled in furry, have one or two 'sonas and a few ideas.

Furries like animal people, often in a sexual way. That makes them suspicious in the eyes of outsiders so as a result some furries will go all-in on the antizoo discourse in order to "prove" they are not pervs.

Is there even a line?
As in many things I'd say they have the idea "fantasy is ok, real is bad". The limit between fantasy and reality is fluid and up to each one.

Some will be Ok in dreaming about zoo as long as they never act on it, others will refuse any fantasy involving ferals. Each one its own, I guess

Now... strong opposition, hate and all, I see a mix between "I do not want to be mixed with perverts" which is a fair podition, and... "I am actually responding to what I see... take it away from my sight". Each one its own too 😓

Myself... I never knew fury existed until decades after being ball deep into zoo. I catually discovered furry through zoo search.
"furry female snow leopard" drawing was called 😅

I don't exactly "identify" as a furry, but I do follow some artists and have always enjoyed anthro art. I've never really considered myself a part of the furry community though. For me the trajectory definitely went animals/zoo --> furry art.

With regards to "the line", one thing I've always been entertained by is just how arbitrarily that line is drawn for the furry status quo. Like, well over half of male art has canine or canine-shaped dicks, and this is totally accepted. Nothing weird, right? It's an anthropomorphic dog; they have paws, why wouldn't they have a dog's dick? But ohohoh draw a  female anthropomorphic dog with a canine vulva, and you are a vile, reprobate dog fucker. Who cares if it is literally as anthropomorphized as the male character? Sorry pal, the law is clear: it's ok to like dog dick, but liking dog pussy is a capital offense.

And don't get me started on feral art...

How many people do you think that are zoo but are not into furrys, or furrys that are not into zoo?

This is something i have always wondered. I have seen plenty of furrys that liked beastiality hentai but were not into bestiality itself, and some people that were into bestiality but not into furry.

What are your thoughts on that? Are you a furry that are into zoo or not?

If that's the case, how did you started getting into zoo? It was because of furry hentai or something like that?

What do you think about?

Simply put? Harkness Test.

If it looks like an animal and doesn't pass that, it's Zoo, to most furries, at least.

I think as a zoo you'd have to be strongly unattracted to humans to not also be sexually interested in an anthro. for me if an anthro has too human of a face I am not into it...they need the muzzle

Is there even a line?
As in many things I'd say they have the idea "fantasy is ok, real is bad". The limit between fantasy and reality is fluid and up to each one.
Good point there. One of the hosts of the Zooier Than Thou podcast said on their early episode about furries that "furries are often baby zoos" (that are not ready to cross social norms <--- my addition there).

They interviewed a very accomplished furry. lol.... is that a thing? They talked about a study showing that about 24% of furries were also zoos. That's way more than the percentage of people that are zoos in the general population at large, so....... yes there's a correlation.

Back