What would you do?

I'm saying even with him fully aware of and saying he understands the limits, you'll end up hurting him. He can't help wanting more, and the only reason he thinks he can settle for what you're offering is because he's desperate... or because he thinks he can convince you to expand the relationship once he has his foot in the door.
I know what you mean, and that's why I'm not so sure it would be a good idea... I don't want to make someone unhappy only to gain a personal advantage...

Hi, fellow zoo exclusives.
I've always considered myself zoo exclusive, I've never felt sexual attraction towards humans (I absolutely hate women's body, but I'm quite neutral with men), so I've always thought that being alone with animals is how I wanted to spend my life.
I have a close friend, who is also the only one who knows I'm into animals, and we know each other from almost 15 years. I won't dig into details, but recently, while we were talking, he somehow asked me if we couldn't try being something more than friends. We get along well, but I've never seen him in this way, so I pointed out that I would never love him in the same way I would with a dog, but he said he doesn't care.
I've never thought that I could share my life with another human being, but, since I'm not a kid anymore, I've always looked into the future, and, my only concern with a zoo exclusive life was that I would be alone, and probably not always at home to take care of every need of my furry companion. While I don't have that sexual desire for a human, I can see the advantages of a life with another person. So... Let's say that I'm still considering the positive aspects of this kind of proposal...
My question is... What would you do in this kind of situation? Would you ever consider something like this?
I'd seriously consider it, as amazing as our mates are they can not really help with things of day to day life, such as with house repairs, cooking, and stuff like that. I been doing it on my own for a very long time, friends visit and bursts of work get done, but other wise every thing ells is glacial.

it can make life easier for both, the one risk is them bittering on the fact that the animal is your lover, why I was all ways thinking of another zoo exclusive person.

As I explained it I can offer help, I can offer resources, I can offer friendship, but only my dog has my heart, I'm not an emotional person on average (It runs in the family even my sister who's "normal" ended getting divorced as being too frigid, so perhaps she's zoo too and just never managed to admit it to her self?)

I won't say it can never happened but I just never met any human male or female that garnered any interest, and even though I had one woman interested in me I didn't make it seem I was as it'd been very unfair to them.

Last edited:
the one risk is them bittering on the fact that the animal is your lover, why I was all ways thinking of another zoo exclusive person.
Yeah, that's one of my fears. He said to me that he knows that I only love animals, but he still wanted to try. Probably, he thinks that with time I could change my mind and get more involved with him...

After reading all posts on this thread, I have to say what others have already said: it sounds like you've already answered your own questions. After all, you've expressed a lot of doubt concerning this.

I do feel that we have an incomplete picture though. Are you male or female? You don't have to answer that here, unless you want to. My point is, if you're a female and he's heterosexual, then no, I would not have him move in. If you both are males, then there's more of a chance... if he's heterosexual. If he's gay and you're a heterosexual female, it could also work. To me, gender plays a very important role in all of this. I say this because I had a guy for a roommate. He was very "hetro" and was quite OK with me boning my dog. We were roommates for something like 9 years. So, it can work. Honestly though, I'm happy he's finally gone. Kinda' reminds me of the saying: "can't live with 'em and can't live without 'em."

I hope you find what's right for you. 🐕

After reading all posts on this thread, I have to say what others have already said: it sounds like you've already answered your own questions. After all, you've expressed a lot of doubt concerning this.

I do feel that we have an incomplete picture though. Are you male or female? You don't have to answer that here, unless you want to. My point is, if you're a female and he's heterosexual, then no, I would not have him move in. If you both are males, then there's more of a chance... if he's heterosexual. If he's gay and you're a heterosexual female, it could also work. To me, gender plays a very important role in all of this. I say this because I had a guy for a roommate. He was very "hetro" and was quite OK with me boning my dog. We were roommates for something like 9 years. So, it can work. Honestly though, I'm happy he's finally gone. Kinda' reminds me of the saying: "can't live with 'em and can't live without 'em."

I hope you find what's right for you. 🐕
I'm male, he is bi-sexual. I never thought that gender would be an issue, honestly... 😅

I'm male, he is bi-sexual. I never thought that gender would be an issue, honestly... 😅
Yep, I knew it. He's hoping to have sex with you in the future, once he moves in... which would be fine and none of our business, except you said this:
While I don't have that sexual desire for a human, I can see the advantages of a life with another person. So... Let's say that I'm still considering the positive aspects of this kind of proposal...
My question is... What would you do in this kind of situation? Would you ever consider something like this?
To me, it looks like you'd be making compromises that you'd regret later. And then the parting of ways would definitely ruin the friendship that you have. Or worse yet, you'd feel stuck with him in your house because you don't want to be cold and throw him out.

Bottom line: He's into you and you're not into him (according to what you've stated).

Yep, I knew it. He's hoping to have sex with you in the future, once he moves in... which would be fine and none of our business, except you said this:

To me, it looks like you'd be making compromises that you'd regret later. And then the parting of ways would definitely ruin the friendship that you have. Or worse yet, you'd feel stuck with him in your house because you don't want to be cold and throw him out.

Bottom line: He's into you and you're not into him (according to what you've stated).
Well... Isn't life full of compromises?
I would regret to lose the friendship, but I'm used to sacrifice things to obtain other things in exchange. The point is that he is not a rational person like me, so... I think he could have different expectations...
Anyway, I'm just speculating 🤔

I would regret to lose the friendship, but I'm used to sacrifice things to obtain other things in exchange.
This is... ice cold. Well. Let's assume you don't give the slightest damn about your friend or his feelings. It's still a bad idea because you're not actually gaining anything in return. Once he figures out that he can never have what he wants he's gone, and the friendship as well, leaving you alone anyway and also down one friend.

This is... ice cold. Well. Let's assume you don't give the slightest damn about your friend or his feelings. It's still a bad idea because you're not actually gaining anything in return. Once he figures out that he can never have what he wants he's gone, and the friendship as well, leaving you alone anyway and also down one friend.
You have misunderstood (or I've expressed myself bad). I wasn't talking of sacrificing friendship, but of the fact that I'm used to accept compromises, so, the sacrifice, was intended as things that I would do to make him happy even if I wouldn't like them, normally...

I'd seriously consider it, as amazing as our mates are they can not really help with things of day to day life, such as with house repairs, cooking, and stuff like that. I been doing it on my own for a very long time, friends visit and bursts of work get done, but other wise every thing ells is glacial. [...]

Y'know, every time I read another post of yours offgridk9, new or old, I fall in love with you a little more. And this is coming from a fellow zooromantic exclusive, so don't worry, my "love" is meant only in the straightest of ways. No homo bro! ;) Thats what my dogs, boars, and bull are for before my pendulum swings back to the females.

But yeah, I've been meaning to say hello somewhere, and this reply of yours is spot-on for that. It highlights how much we find ourselves in the exact same bind. We're both minimalists living in awful (ahem rustic, humble, unpretentious) shoddy shanties on acreage. Both of us raise livestock and work blue collar jobs. Both are zooromantic exclusives, having had/still have occasional sex with humans but only ever falling in love with our animals. We value the scrap pile like the gold that it is, and we live by fixing things. Life with eternal repairs. Hell, we even tend to post in the same threads. So kudos, @OffgridK9lover! You've certainly made it onto my list of fascinating people. Nowadays whenever I get low, feeling like I'm alone on this planet, lamenting that I'm the only one who made these choices and lives as hard as I do... now I can remind myself its not just me. There's one other man who made the same choices, lives the same hardships. And lo, he's only a whole continent away from me.

Anyway, sorry disanima. Didn't mean to derail your post. I would've said largely the same thing offgrid said anyway though. Like both of you, I find myself facing the same difficulties. I'm a zooromantic exclusive too, so a traditional relationship is off the table for me. I've never been in love with a human and can't imagine I ever will, even though I do have sex with two leggers once in awhile. I think of my sexuality as a compass. "My dick's compass points in all directions, but the heart's compass never wavers. It rests squarely on animals."

But solitary life without humans is very difficult, particularly if you own land and animals. Only now, nearing 40, have I begun to question my life choices and whether this was worth the sacrifices I had to make. Developing something of a love/hate relationship with the life I chose. Offgrid again says it best with his "glacial" adjective for the pace at which our accomplishments are being made. At this rate, I'll never finish half the stuff I've started out here. So I've hit a glass ceiling of sorts. Its dawning on me that I can go no further. Growing this place, expanding packs and herds, taking on more animals, building and fixing, daily chores, etc. Those efforts can't continue forever unless I have helpers.

So take heed from us, particularly if you ever want to have more than a dog or two. Do NOT make our mistake and go at it alone, unless you're going to keep things very small and easily manageable. There's a reason its mostly only married couples and families with kids living the farm/homesteading life. It takes a team of people to pull it off. So too, that team has to be going in the same direction in life. Two or more people need to want the same things, and I think that's the root from which your problems in this proposed relationship would grow: you and him are wanting something different. You'd ultimately be going in different directions, and that gap will expand with time. But is the alternative any better and does that mean you should not even bother trying this one? Hmm. Should you stay alone and/or is there likely anything better going to come along? :unsure: Its a hell of a conundrum alright. I'm not sure which way I'd go either. Sorry, I know I'm not helping much. Guess that's why I'm stuck where I am too.

Y'know, every time I read another post of yours offgridk9, new or old, I fall in love with you a little more. And this is coming from a fellow zooromantic exclusive, so don't worry, my "love" is meant only in the straightest of ways. No homo bro! ;) Thats what my dogs, boars, and bull are for before my pendulum swings back to the females.

But yeah, I've been meaning to say hello somewhere, and this reply of yours is spot-on for that. It highlights how much we find ourselves in the exact same bind. We're both minimalists living in awful (ahem rustic, humble, unpretentious) shoddy shanties on acreage. Both of us raise livestock and work blue collar jobs. Both are zooromantic exclusives, having had/still have occasional sex with humans but only ever falling in love with our animals. We value the scrap pile like the gold that it is, and we live by fixing things. Life with eternal repairs. Hell, we even tend to post in the same threads. So kudos, @OffgridK9lover! You've certainly made it onto my list of fascinating people. Nowadays whenever I get low, feeling like I'm alone on this planet, lamenting that I'm the only one who made these choices and lives as hard as I do... now I can remind myself its not just me. There's one other man who made the same choices, lives the same hardships. And lo, he's only a whole continent away from me.

Anyway, sorry disanima. Didn't mean to derail your post. I would've said largely the same thing offgrid said anyway though. Like both of you, I find myself facing the same difficulties. I'm a zooromantic exclusive too, so a traditional relationship is off the table for me. I've never been in love with a human and can't imagine I ever will, even though I do have sex with two leggers once in awhile. I think of my sexuality as a compass. "My dick's compass points in all directions, but the heart's compass never wavers. It rests squarely on animals."

But solitary life without humans is very difficult, particularly if you own land and animals. Only now, nearing 40, have I begun to question my life choices and whether this was worth the sacrifices I had to make. Developing something of a love/hate relationship with the life I chose. Offgrid again says it best with his "glacial" adjective for the pace at which our accomplishments are being made. At this rate, I'll never finish half the stuff I've started out here. So I've hit a glass ceiling of sorts. Its dawning on me that I can go no further. Growing this place, expanding packs and herds, taking on more animals, building and fixing, daily chores, etc. Those efforts can't continue forever unless I have helpers.

So take heed from us, particularly if you ever want to have more than a dog or two. Do NOT make our mistake and go at it alone, unless you're going to keep things very small and easily manageable. There's a reason its mostly only married couples and families with kids living the farm/homesteading life. It takes a team of people to pull it off. So too, that team has to be going in the same direction in life. Two or more people need to want the same things, and I think that's the root from which your problems in this proposed relationship would grow: you and him are wanting something different. You'd ultimately be going in different directions, and that gap will expand with time. But is the alternative any better and does that mean you should not even bother trying this one? Hmm. Should you stay alone and/or is there likely anything better going to come along? :unsure: Its a hell of a conundrum alright. I'm not sure which way I'd go either. Sorry, I know I'm not helping much. Guess that's why I'm stuck where I am too.
Well... Thanks anyway. You are confirming my doubts and fears about the future of a solitary life. Both the alternatives are scary as fuck 😑

I'm not a misanthrope, but there really are a lot of mean/stupid/tiring people out there.
I just don't like being around people a lot, it's tiring and drains all my energy. When I need a little human company, I visit my friends. I like to be with my friends, I have friends, they take care of my dogs if I have a problem, they help me with things I can't solve on my own, etc. Many friends even know that I am a zoo. But I would never let people into my private life, I have my dogs in my private life. For me, friendship is the limit and that's fixed. I warned/chase away those who wanted to get closer.

Anyone who thinks that being exclusive is lonely, boring and mentally problematic is wrong. Being exclusive is hard (all kinds of relationships are hard), but it's not hell or a curse. Whoever sees this as such is running away from something or not admitting something to himself. Those who love this, feel comfortable in it, are happy with the exclusive life and get along well with its difficulties, because this is what their brain is wired for. Here it becomes clear who is the real exclusive and who is not. Don't let anyone believe that if you have a partner, children, or family, you will be happy in your old age. Bullshit, I've seen enough families where the old people's lives got bad, and the others didn't help them. Anyone who starts a family just for that reason is not normal. Should not live based on them and become unnecessarily bound. You have to live your life the way you like it.

I'll be alone in a hospital bed when I'm old and I'll die alone, but I don't mind one bit. Because I lived my life the way I liked it and the way it was good for me and that's the most important thing. Then I die, I'm reincarnated and it starts all over again, I'm born, I become a child, young, I buy my first female dog and I live again as an exclusive.

The difficulties of this need not be explained. The grave of my old dogs has already sunk a little. It is raining and has gathered on the roof. I loved them. I loved them very much. There will be many more such hollows in my garden, on top of which the water will collect... This makes me even happy, they are also happy, beautiful, looking at me with their sparkling eyes and cheerful faces. And of course their asses are fucking good too.
An exclusive person is a special and wonderful person.

A sad truth that we outlive our lovers and our lives carry on inevitably we find new lovers knowing that the pain of loss will strike again

Hi, fellow zoo exclusives.
I've always considered myself zoo exclusive, I've never felt sexual attraction towards humans (I absolutely hate women's body, but I'm quite neutral with men), so I've always thought that being alone with animals is how I wanted to spend my life.
I have a close friend, who is also the only one who knows I'm into animals, and we know each other from almost 15 years. I won't dig into details, but recently, while we were talking, he somehow asked me if we couldn't try being something more than friends. We get along well, but I've never seen him in this way, so I pointed out that I would never love him in the same way I would with a dog, but he said he doesn't care.
I've never thought that I could share my life with another human being, but, since I'm not a kid anymore, I've always looked into the future, and, my only concern with a zoo exclusive life was that I would be alone, and probably not always at home to take care of every need of my furry companion. While I don't have that sexual desire for a human, I can see the advantages of a life with another person. So... Let's say that I'm still considering the positive aspects of this kind of proposal...
If he's not looking for you to love him, what is he looking for? How would he benefit from being in a relationship with you? Has he shown any interest toward animals?

If he's not looking for you to love him, what is he looking for? How would he benefit from being in a relationship with you? Has he shown any interest toward animals?
No idea. But my guess is that he doesn't want to be alone anymore. Then, he maybe thinks that with time I could change my mind on the love part.
He doesn't like animals in a sexual way, but he likes furry stuff.

In my perspective, as I am zoo exclusive, to share a life with a non zoo partner, it all seems well, promising etc, but I know that what if things doesn't work out well, no relationship is perfect, there will be disagreements, then that person might turn against you and reveal your secrets, don't trust anyone but yourself, even if you knew him that long, I think honestly that you should say no, anyone can just say "I don't care of you being a zoo....." but do you really know what's going on in that person's mind, or his intentions ? Maybe considering the thought of it and really think everything through first. Think about yourself first, your animals, if you have, do you want to go through with this idea? . I have been single for 20 years, but my animals safety is priority #1, I can't let any guy start changing how I live my life or decide what's best for my animals, even if I can't do anything myself, but I have to. I am just speaking from my heart. No one is forcing you to make the decisions 👌

In my perspective, as I am zoo exclusive, to share a life with a non zoo partner, it all seems well, promising etc, but I know that what if things doesn't work out well, no relationship is perfect, there will be disagreements, then that person might turn against you and reveal your secrets, don't trust anyone but yourself, even if you knew him that long, I think honestly that you should say no, anyone can just say "I don't care of you being a zoo....." but do you really know what's going on in that person's mind, or his intentions ? Maybe considering the thought of it and really think everything through first. Think about yourself first, your animals, if you have, do you want to go through with this idea? . I have been single for 20 years, but my animals safety is priority #1, I can't let any guy start changing how I live my life or decide what's best for my animals, even if I can't do anything myself, but I have to. I am just speaking from my heart. No one is forcing you to make the decisions 👌
Very well said... IMHO

It's not me who started to say fuck you, so if you don't have valid points to accuse me, you shouldn't do it... :cautious:

Do you love him? If yes, then a relationship is obviously ideal.

Do you see yourself being with this person for the rest of your life? If yes, again... a relationship would be best.

If you don't have feelings for this guy, then you might need to reconsider. Your heart has to be in it, not just his.

It seems I've missed something. Wish I knew what it was, but I guess it got deleted.
It doesn't matter anymore. Someone who didn't like what I've written. But we should just move on...
Do you love him? If yes, then a relationship is obviously ideal.

Do you see yourself being with this person for the rest of your life? If yes, again... a relationship would be best.

If you don't have feelings for this guy, then you might need to reconsider. Your heart has to be in it, not just his.
Love is an overrated word, in my opinion. But no, I don't think our bond is so strong. In any case we are more than simple friends.

Back