• Labrador

Votes: 30 13.5%
  • Golden Retriever

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Malamute

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 53 23.9%
  • XL Breed (Newfoundland, Mastiff, Saint Bernard, Great Dane, Etc.)

Votes: 43 19.4%
  • Small Breed (Less than 30 lbs)

Votes: 17 7.7%
  • Mixed Mutt

Votes: 41 18.5%

• Total voters
I love dogs, but 4 high energy doggos :gsd_whistle: do you have a large property/farm or are you taking them out for exercise around town? If the latter are you planning to walk them all together or do they have to take it in turns to go out and check their P-mail on the neighbourhood trees. :gsd_grin:
I have five acres, myself. But I have miles and miles of open countryside and the sea, with miles of coastline to explore. We all go together. They have their own garden at home and free access from their own room.
We don't live anywhere near a town. One of them loves to run with me, I like to do six miles every day and he tags along. There are three of us living here and usually at least two of us will exercise them.
xxx

I have five acres, myself. But I have miles and miles of open countryside and the sea, with miles of coastline to explore. We all go together. They have their own garden at home and free access from their own room.
We don't live anywhere near a town. One of them loves to run with me, I like to do six miles every day and he tags along. There are three of us living here and usually at least two of us will exercise them.
xxx
Wonderful, that all actually sounds pretty sweet and great for the dogs. Glad the entire exercise program doesn't just all fall on your shoulders though, I could see how 4 active dogs could really drain your batteries if you had to do multiple walks. But a few acres for zoomies also comes in handy as well. My smallest paddock is about 5 acres, but I usually play ball in an 8 acre long skinny paddock using a tennis ball flinging thing. I've tried to send the dog down the drive way to get the mail, but alas it gets a bit slobbery by the time it gets back to the house, assuming he doesn't get distractred and leave it a few hundred meters down the drive way and return empty pawed. :gsd_grin:

Due to the fact that my wife is allergic to pet dander, we have always had Standard Poodles. They are fun, but it costs a lot to keep them groomed. Ours have all been real lovers. ; )

I have two with me, I believe they are both American Bulldogs but they could also be mixed. I'm not sure because they both had rough starts. They are both happy and loved now. ❤️
Have you thought about changing their diets, my mower used to start rough till I changed where I was getting the fuel from. It started great after that.:gsd_laughing:

Sorry couldn't resist. Seriously though, I'm sure they really appreciate you giving them a second chance at a loving home. :gsd_happysmile: More people should follow your example.

I have a small breed, but he likes to lik my dick and ass. He has a nice size dick. But still learning him to hump me.

When in South Africa...you must have Boerboels ❤️
Cute puppies.
Screen Shot 2023-11-09 at 02.47.37.png
That appear to grow into monster trucks of pure muscle.
Screen Shot 2023-11-09 at 02.44.15.pngScreen Shot 2023-11-09 at 02.44.49.png
I did see stubby tails in a lot of the pictures I found, when I googled them, it would be very sad if people cut these guys tails off for some stupid reason. Do you know if this is the case and why they are docked? Is it just for look to make them appear tougher or something?

Cute puppies.
View attachment 500405
That appear to grow into monster trucks of pure muscle.
View attachment 500406View attachment 500407
I did see stubby tails in a lot of the pictures I found, when I googled them, it would be very sad if people cut these guys tails off for some stupid reason. Do you know if this is the case and why they are docked? Is it just for look to make them appear tougher or something?
They're traditionally docked because Baboons would hold onto the dog's tails to make it hard for the dog to fight back, but the practice of docking has been illegal for many years in South Africa and most of Europe. You will see Boerboels with docked tails, today, mostly in United States and Australia.

They're traditionally docked because Baboons would hold onto the dog's tails to make it hard for the dog to fight back, but the practice of docking has been illegal for many years in South Africa and most of Europe. You will see Boerboels with docked tails, today, mostly in United States and Australia.
I'm from Australia, that's why I was asking about South Africa where I thought the OP was from. Tail docking is illegal in Australia, except by a vet for welfare reasons. In other words 99% of the time it is not allowed to be done and there is a $15,000 fine for anyone caught doing it. I also can't remember the last time I saw any baboons here (apart from in government offices) so that's not a good reason here either. Hopefully it will be banned everywhere soon, tails are important for dogs when running and communicating with others.

I'm from Australia, that's why I was asking about South Africa where I thought the OP was from. Tail docking is illegal in Australia, except by a vet for welfare reasons. In other words 99% of the time it is not allowed to be done and there is a $15,000 fine for anyone caught doing it. I also can't remember the last time I saw any baboons here (apart from in government offices) so that's not a good reason here either. Hopefully it will be banned everywhere soon, tails are important for dogs when running and communicating with others.
No, no. Baboons in South Africa is the reason the tails were traditionally docked. Lol. Not in Australia. Interesting about the law there though, because I know of a couple of prominent Australian Boerboel breeders with docked dogs.

No, no. Baboons in South Africa is the reason the tails were traditionally docked. Lol. Not in Australia. Interesting about the law there though, because I know of a couple of prominent Australian Boerboel breeders with docked dogs.
I mean it's not like a tail can be glued back on, but If they are still doing it to puppies they are very much breaking the law and can be fined. I also hope they get caught it's a horrendous practice that is unnecessary unless the dog is in an accident and removing the tail, is more kind than leaving it in a state that might cause them pain or effect their quality of life.

I mean it's not like a tail can be glued back on, but If they are still doing it to puppies they are very much breaking the law and can be fined. I also hope they get caught it's a horrendous practice that is unnecessary unless the dog is in an accident and removing the tail, is more kind than leaving it in a state that might cause them pain or effect their quality of life.
It shouldn't actually cause them pain. Tail docking is done at 2 days, before nerve endings are formed in the tail, but I feel it generally should not be done because the tail is such an important communication tool for dogs, and it is an extension of the spine, that aids in balance.

this is my baby, her name is Mabel , she is a german short hair pointer , blue tick hound mix. shes my best friend and she means more to me than anything or anyone else in the entire world , so much so , that if anyone ever hurt her i would not hesitate for a second to murder them in a manner so savagely brutal that even the gods themselves would avert their gaze and shudder in horror.

Attachments

• 330813091_3225016384475860_6768595765023990237_n.jpg
    330813091_3225016384475860_6768595765023990237_n.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 19
Back