What is your opinion about "the heat"?

rosswell

Tourist
Ok, this is difficult to explain for me, cause my english is not good, but i explored a lot of spanish forums and the dialogue quality in them is very poor (they only talk about sex, and thats it). So i wanna try to explain it, the best i could and then i will read your comments (when i read is more easy to understand the language, and your coments are helpful)

I dont like the heat itself. Completily change the attitude of my pets cause the hormons, of course. I have a female and a male. The female looks up for my boy, she stand close to the backdoor (my boys is in the backyard) and when she see me, she looks happy and salute me but automatically go for the door again cause she wanna be out. She prefer being with my boy that me. She not raise the tail for me, never did. And that hurts me, because i dont recognise my girl, and its obvious that i'm not "atracctive" for her. The male crys a lot, the only thing he wants is mount her and be with her. He ignores me and that attitude hurts me (cause i dont recognice my boy). Yes, i understand that is a normal behavior, and a heat can last 21 days... But i dont like it at all. I dont like that change of the personality in pets in general. When she or he salutes me or similar in this period, i feel that she/he only to that because she/he NEEDS ME TO OPEN THE DOOR THAT SEPARATES THEM, nothing else. It feels that all the afecction i received is fake. That feeling destroys me, seriously.

So, you can say "neuter your dog" or "do her vasectomy"... but that's not the point. Why the sexual behavior in animals have to works like that? Why dogs can not enjoy sex whenever they wants, like primates for example? It would be nice to wake up in the morning and see my girl raising the tail and vulva for me or for my boy without being in heat (something that never happens in life: a bitch raising the tail asking for dick only happens in heat). I saw a lot of male dogs become stupids when a female in heat appears. Even i see dogs escaping from his home and returning a week later. I saw a male dog protecting a house every day, but i saw the same dog too neglect the house cause a female in heat was around: the house was stolen, for real.

Well... what's your opinions? You understand my point of view? i want to clarify, that i love my pets and i dont wanna neuter them, but when she is in heat, none of us had a good time. Thanks for reading me and i hope the text is almost "understandable".

believe me (i'm sure there are more to second this), but girls can and will raise their tail outside of heat. but yeah, i see your point. girl in heat is a lot of hassle, more so if you happen to have a boy too or one or more live nearby. their individuality gets overridden by "NEED. TO. FUCK. NOW!!1!1!". still, it's just a thing you gotta accept and live with. not love them less or feel hurt when they're not quite themselves...

Yeah i can 2nd this. I prefer outta heat since it lets you know their individual personalities are.

All you know is they wanna breed here and now excluding when they are stressed. Some females do offer themselves if they are outta heat.

believe me (i'm sure there are more to second this), but girls can and will raise their tail outside of heat.
I never saw a bitch raising her tail outside of heat. I had a lot of pets in the last 20 years and never saw that.

Still, it's just a thing you gotta accept and live with. not love them less or feel hurt when they're not quite themselves...
Yeah, you are absolutely right, but i can't help it. I always try to use the logic (like "the heat its preservation, not for pleasure", or something like that) but that feeling of "disappointment" it's overwhelming...

I never saw a bitch raising her tail outside of heat. I had a lot of pets in the last 20 years and never saw that.
my only guess is that you probably didn't show any girl how pleasurable experience out-of-heat fun can be? i mean, she's the only girl i ever had in my care (she's also the very first dog i ever cared for) and i'm not gonna claim that every single one enjoys it, but i somehow doubt i "won the lottery" with mine... it's also not like she's horny all day, every day. more like once or twice a week. sometimes she initiates, sometimes i do... sometimes she sees me playing with the boy and wants some too. she likes me to go down on her and i love to oblige.

i'm pretty sure @FloofyNewfie can add more on how it's a real possibility to have "out-of-heat nympho" in the house

They call it "season" for a reason. ALL mammals have their hormones dictated by photoperiod. This is well understood enough that show and race competitors use it to gain an advantage for their animals. The reason is so that babies are born at the time when food and environment are best for them. Usually that means early spring minus gestation period equals breeding season.

The intense drives of the heat (and the male equivalent, rut) ensure that the animals place themselves as accurately as possible within the season. Humans have tampered with the timing of the season for domestic animals so that they can get in more than one "crop" per year but the drive remains.

What you missed was imprinting. Your animals do not consider you part of their pack/herd. If you do that, they will bond with you and actively pursue you for sex. Be warned, they have more free time than you do because you are supporting them.

The How To Section is full of ways to do that. Pretty much the same techniques work on all mammals including humans.

i'm pretty sure @FloofyNewfie can add more on how it's a real possibility to have "out-of-heat nympho" in the house
I was kind of just lurking this thread, because I didn't feel I had much to say that hasn't been said many times before in other threads. But indeed my newfie girl will often flag out of heat. The majority of the time she'll start flagging when she is clenching my fingers with her vaginal muscles while I'm using them to masturbate her. Once she starts clenching but before having her first orgasm, she'll indeed lift her tail and move it to the side. But there are also times where I'm just rubbing her lower back (a lot of times not even trying to initiate anything sexual in nature) and she'll look back at me and start flagging. She absolutely loves her lower back rubbed and sometimes it gets her very much in the mood. Mind you, this is out of heat. In heat she's usually flagging me every couple of hours wanting to be relieved.

That being said, not all canines will want sex outside of heat. Some do, and some don't. Every canines is a little different. You also have weird cases like my smaller mutt. She absolutely does not desire sex outside of heat, yet she'll hump and grind my fingers to orgasm all day long in and out of heat if I go underneath her belly while she's standing. She absolutely loves that, and sometimes she'll try to literally paw my hand towards her genitalia if she's in the mood, but she will absolutely not tolerate me stimulating her genitals while I'm standing behind her out of heat. That's fine. I'm not going to push her into something she's not comfortable doing. My situation is also a bit different than OP's because I have two female canines, so I'm the only male out of the three of us within our pack.

I was kind of just lurking this thread, because I didn't feel I had much to say that hasn't been said many times before in other threads. But indeed my newfie girl will often flag out of heat. The majority of the time she'll start flagging when she is clenching my fingers with her vaginal muscles while I'm using them to masturbate her. Once she starts clenching but before having her first orgasm, she'll indeed lift her tail and move it to the side. But there are also times where I'm just rubbing her lower back (a lot of times not even trying to initiate anything sexual in nature) and she'll look back at me and start flagging. She absolutely loves her lower back rubbed and sometimes it gets her very much in the mood. Mind you, this is out of heat. In heat she's usually flagging me every couple of hours wanting to be relieved.

That being said, not all canines will want sex outside of heat. Some do, and some don't. Every canines is a little different. You also have weird cases like my smaller mutt. She absolutely does not desire sex outside of heat, yet she'll hump and grind my fingers to orgasm all day long in and out of heat if I go underneath her belly while she's standing. She absolutely loves that, and sometimes she'll try to literally paw my hand towards her genitalia if she's in the mood, but she will absolutely not tolerate me stimulating her genitals while I'm standing behind her out of heat. That's fine. I'm not going to push her into something she's not comfortable doing. My situation is also a bit different than OP's because I have two female canines, so I'm the only male out of the three of us within our pack.
I have had this reaction to many dogs when massaging the lover back. My girl does this but if i touch her parts she will move away so i do not take that as a same sign. She will also back her rear part into me but as i have read that is a sign of trust so i take body language is not always what we think it is :) But then again every dog is different to some extent.

When in heat she is a slut and would let a pomeranian mount her if he could or anything on four legs hahaha but she will not present her to me and that is fine i still love her.

Back