What is the WORST thing about being tall??

What's is the worst thing about being tall???

• Total voters

gfad69

Citizen of Zooville
I'm over 6 foot and connected with someone last night over the fact we're both tall and kinda want to know other people's views on it... If ive forgotten anything in the polls please let me know and I'll add it 😁

knotjen

Tourist
I'm tall (6'1") and quite disproportionate (long legs, slightly less than average torso) and for me, it's being disproportionate that's sometimes annoying, mostly with clothing where if the dress/trousers/jeans are long enough, the torso is way to long and ill-fitting, or vice versa, because the industry mostly scales torso and inseam together rather than separately. I have all my work clothes tailored because of it.

It's also annoying when it comes to driving - driver's seats move back only so far and that eliminates a lot of vehicles. No matter what I fit into, I have to drive in flats or sneakers which means if the occasion requires heels, I have to bring them rather than wear them.

When I had my kitchen remodeled several years ago, I asked the contractor to add 4" to the cabinet/countertop height. Finding one willing to do that was a challenge but I'm glad I was able to do so. Much more comfortable to prep and cook while not hunched over.

gfad69

Citizen of Zooville
I'm tall (6'1") and quite disproportionate (long legs, slightly less than average torso) and for me, it's being disproportionate that's sometimes annoying, mostly with clothing where if the dress/trousers/jeans are long enough, the torso is way to long and ill-fitting, or vice versa, because the industry mostly scales torso and inseam together rather than separately. I have all my work clothes tailored because of it.

It's also annoying when it comes to driving - driver's seats move back only so far and that eliminates a lot of vehicles. No matter what I fit into, I have to drive in flats or sneakers which means if the occasion requires heels, I have to bring them rather than wear them.

When I had my kitchen remodeled several years ago, I asked the contractor to add 4" to the cabinet/countertop height. Finding one willing to do that was a challenge but I'm glad I was able to do so. Much more comfortable to prep and cook while not hunched over.
That's a good point and I completely forgot about that, I'm exactly the same with long ass legs and short torso so sometimes I have to buy clothes that are a few sizes too large just so it hangs lower and covers me properly...

I was going to add fitting into cars but I felt that counted as being feeling cramped in spaces most people would be fine in but am wondering if I should change it

gfad69

Citizen of Zooville
That's a good point and I completely forgot about that, I'm exactly the same with long ass legs and short torso so sometimes I have to buy clothes that are a few sizes too large just so it hangs lower and covers me properly...

I was going to add fitting into cars but I felt that counted as being feeling cramped in spaces most people would be fine in but am wondering if I should change it
Fuck... I can't edit the answers 😬
@pes is a mod able to edit the answers??

pes

Staff member
Can we change "requiring more alcohol to get yourself drunk" too "having trouble finding clothes that fit" please :3
Changed.
What do you mean?? I thought I already was able to edit the answers but now I can't for some reason
One thing is to change the possibilities you can choose from another thing is whether you can later change what you picked the first time.

gfad69

Citizen of Zooville
Changed.

One thing is to change the possibilities you can choose from another thing is whether you can later change what you picked the first time.
Oh do you mean people can change what answer they've picked?? I think that's already in

gfad69

Citizen of Zooville
We can change our votes, yes. I just did and chose the clothing one in place of cramped spaces.
Do you reckon I should allow people to vote for more than one?? Cause I'm torn between clothing and cramped spaces so I was wondering if I should make 2 selections or something

knotjen

Tourist
Honestly yea, being tall is over rated... It does have its perks though

I have this pair of black heels under my desk at work which puts me at 6'5" which I only wear at the end of an investigation when we are terminating someone. The extra height and my leaning in over their desk adds to the ambience of the surprise visit and together it all contributes to a hummina-hummina type of initial response followed by the usual high-speed backpeddling - denial, diffusion, deflection - usually with them inadvertently admitting guilt as they change their story 5+ times in mere minutes.

This is so much of a thing, longer-term employees who have seen this before will often say something like "Oh, she has her death heels on!" as I walk by them.

Sheppermutt

Citizen of Zooville
I think I'm just a bit over 6ft. Definitely taller than the rest of my family but I keep denying it to them haha. I think it's true though.

I wanted to pick 3 choices but worrying about poking my eyes out on branches and bending over is crap I have to deal with all the time. I would pick cramped spaces third. It doesn't help that I am into Japanese cars. My seat doesn't go back any further, it's hard to get in and out.

Also got big hands and feet, makes working on small things really annoying, and makes shoe shopping a nightmare. And YES I got stuck with the bigger dick too. Anyone wants to trade you can have it. I would prefer to be able to penetrate dogs...

FloofyNewfie

The Floofy Moderator
Staff member
Meh I like being tall, although hitting my head on things is kind of annoying. I'd say the biggest drawback would be a shorter life expectancy. My family is a mix of tall and short people. The taller ones usually don't make it past 68, while the shorter ones usually make it over 70 easily.

Bounty1st

Lurker
Every time I stay somewhere new, I have to pay attention to where the ceiling fans are. I've bumped a couple of the lights on lower ones before, but the real problem is hitting the blades with my arm if I'm changing shirts while standing close to one!

FloofyNewfie

The Floofy Moderator
Staff member
but the real problem is hitting the blades with my arm if I'm changing shirts while standing close to one
Oh! That just reminded me of another problem. Living in a house with plaster ceilings, mine has those "artsy" star shaped swirls in them that many houses have. But if I'm not careful while changing my shirt or stretching, I've cut open my knuckles on more than one occasion hitting the ceiling.

gsdmixg

Zooville Settler
Every time I stay somewhere new, I have to pay attention to where the ceiling fans are. I've bumped a couple of the lights on lower ones before, but the real problem is hitting the blades with my arm if I'm changing shirts while standing close to one!
I didn't even think about that one. Worst is when you're standing slightly off from the fan and your wrist hits the tips of the blades.