What is the possibility of everything being erased again?

imSoSorry

Tourist
What is the possibility of everything being erased again? I mean, as much as that time was not intentionally directed, what are the chances of Zooville being attacked and everything being erased again?

imSoSorry

Tourist
What do you mean? Nothing got erased, just the url had to change. No data was leaked or lost.
At the very beginning of Zooville's life, she suffered an attack from a hacker who ended up erasing everything. Apparently it was not intentional, just an exploit, a bug within the forum framework was leaked and some asshole ended up testing it at Zooville.

As she was still taking her first steps, she didn't have much content, however, she still had some good articles. Like some "cute" pictures of foxes. UwU

FoxandtheHounds

Citizen of Zooville
At the very beginning of Zooville's life, she suffered an attack from a hacker who ended up erasing everything. Apparently it was not intentional, just an exploit, a bug within the forum framework was leaked and some asshole ended up testing it at Zooville.

As she was still taking her first steps, she didn't have much content, however, she still had some good articles. Like some "cute" pictures of foxes. UwU
Still plenty of good articles and pictures of cute foxes here now :3

J

Jewelry Fish

Really I think it could happen any moment. I’m honestly shocked this place has survived for as long as it has. I’m glad it has, but you’d think there would be more successful attempts to destroy something so universally despised. But what do I know.

Props to the people running the site for managing to keep it alive for so long. That does not sound like a fun or easy job.

Ruben

Citizen of Zooville
The chance that Zooville will perish at some point is bordering 100%. This is not due to it being a zoo site, but because things come and go in general. Things without physical substance – like websites – are prone to perish particularly suddenly.

That said, may Zooville last long and let's enjoy our time with it. 🥳

J

jellybean56

I think to the point to trade encrypted email with buddies on here as back up to stay in touch and copy and paste any threads you wish to keep to a word doc I guess

SloppyTac0

❤️ GSD ❤️
Staff member
Shortly after we first launched w/ VBulletin a major security vulnerability was discovered in the software that affected not only Zooville, but all major forums running a similar version of VBulletin. After the incident we had lost all confidence in VBulletin and moved to Xenforo, which we've been very happy with ever since. However, migrating all the posts and user content from the old software to new would have been very challenging, so we just started fresh at the time.

I'm not saying we'll never have to worry again, especially when your talking about the type of content we host, but we are in a much better position today, than back then.

cipkakonia

Citizen of Zooville
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone [everything] drops to zero. 😉

Enjoy it while it lasts!

A

Alpha Cat

It's alright. Everyone just relax. I just purchased the Infinity Gauntlet. One snap and we're all coming back.