What is the cost of caring for your animal partners per year?

What is the cost of caring for your animal partners per year?

• 0-250$

Votes: 21 7.1%
  • 250-500$

Votes: 20 6.8%
  • 500-1,000$

Votes: 37 12.6%
  • 1,000-2,500$

Votes: 80 27.2%
  • 2,500-5,000$

Votes: 71 24.1%
  • 5,000-10,000$

Votes: 43 14.6%
  • 10,000-25,000$

Votes: 14 4.8%
  • 50,000-100,00$

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • 100,000$+

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters
This is a great poll. It got me thinking a lot more about my animal partners' care costs aside from basics like food and medical. Expenses I happily pay.

One life.
Even if I knew NOTHING else about you, that would be enough to tell me what kinda critter you're dealing with.

How? Too easy: BTDT, got the boots, ripped-out jeans, hair impregnated jackets, the limp, the aches and pains, the toe that points all weird, etc, etc, etc that come, whether expected or not, with that bizarre but lovable critter we call horse :)

I would like to recommend we break this poll into two separate polls if the goal is to use this information for research. The question is not clearly defined as stated and the comparison I would like to make is between how much is necessary to spend on an animal and how much zoos spend on them. I think it would be useful information to know if Zoos on average spend more on their pets than regular owners, but we would need to correct this value for local variations in animal housing costs.

Also if food is the primary cost driver of your partner, then weight, breed, and activity level and food type choice are all going to be important factors for determining the costs.

Also the extent to which you do regular veterinary care will impact costs as well. If you own any facilities there will be structural and mechanical upkeep costs, and if not there will be boarding fees.

I find it a useful exercise to construct a budget for your partner if you already have one, and if you are considering the idea, make sure to factor in what it will actually take to provide the level of care you want to give them.

Also as a suggestion, perhaps we should squish all of these questions into a more complex survey that we can take all at once rather than clicking on each individual topic to answer the question.

too variable for me ... (depends on how much damage the girl does :ROFLMAO:)
surely really a lot ... but I don't care, she is my partner... and the expense we need to support is done in order to support her.

Around $500 for 3 of them, if there are no extra vet bills. It is relatively cheap here, but still our salaries are low. that is like 1 month net work.

Holy cow. I am 1 of only 2 people that voted that spend over 50K per year on my animal lovers.

Back