What if issues arrise with bitch after sex, how to explain to a vet?

While I wouldn't do anything if they showed discomfort, what if they develop an infection or bleeding after sex? Obviously I should take them to a vet to get checked out, but will they be able to tell what's been going on?

I live in an area where zoo is illegal, if a vet got suspicious would they do a DNA test for any fluids inside or something?

My primary worry is doing something with a bitch, something going wrong, then a vet finding out when I try to get them treated.

Do I just make up something like I let her off leash at the dog park and she got mounted then later developed the issues?

One of my females I currently have was going into her second heat cycle. I wasn't sexually involved with her but he hormones were raging and I had a neutered male that mounted her and they ended up being tied for quite a bit. I didn't even think that they would have even tried anything but because he was neutered he wasn't able to lube her up before tying the knot. She ended up with an extremely bad infection as a result (pyometra) almost killed her. If something bad does happen they shouldn't give you a hard time but this is just one case for an example.

One of my females I currently have was going into her second heat cycle. I wasn't sexually involved with her but he hormones were raging and I had a neutered male that mounted her and they ended up being tied for quite a bit. I didn't even think that they would have even tried anything but because he was neutered he wasn't able to lube her up before tying the knot. She ended up with an extremely bad infection as a result (pyometra) almost killed her. If something bad does happen they shouldn't give you a hard time but this is just one case for an example.
Thanks for the response! How soon after did you go to the vet and what was the treatment process for the pyometra?

While I wouldn't do anything if they showed discomfort, what if they develop an infection or bleeding after sex? Obviously I should take them to a vet to get checked out, but will they be able to tell what's been going on?
This is something that I definitely fear as well. Although the chances of infection is pretty low if you make sure that your dick is clean before you stick in it your doggy girl and abstain from sex 2-4 weeks after a heat cycle. Usually I'll hop in the shower before I make love to my doggy girl. Usually with infections you'll see signs beforehand, such as discomfort, lethargy, as well as them not wanting to be touched down there. My biggest worry is if I make love to my girl and she then trips down the stairs on her after sex walk and breaks her hip. Something that's unexpected, and that I cannot prepare for beforehand. Although my first worry will be getting her to the vet ASAP.

I live in an area where zoo is illegal, if a vet got suspicious would they do a DNA test for any fluids inside or something?
They can, but from what I've heard it's usually unlikely. In theory they could ship a sample of whatever leaks out of her vagina to a lab to be tested, but most of the time they won't bother with doing so. It definitely helps if you take a clean paper towel and wipe the inside of her vulva from top to bottom. As usually your sperm will collect towards the bottom of her vulva near the opening of her urethra before it leaks out. That way you can try to collect any loose semen.

Do I just make up something like I let her off leash at the dog park and she got mounted then later developed the issues?
Human cum and dog cum will typically have a different consistency. Human cum is thicker and whiter. While dog cum is typically thinner and watery. If your semen leaks out, any trained vet will probably know the difference. But there is a possibility they might teat human semen as simple "unknown vaginal leakage." They'll probably run a blood test, and if nothing seems amiss, they might just tell you about the leakage, and to keep an eye on it. But you can never know for certain. I heard this from a vet tech.

There's always a risk with being sexually involved with your female doggy girl. I take a slight risk every time I make love to my girl. But usually if you keep yourself clean, make sure you can fit inside by fingering her first, and make sure you keep an eye on your girl for any changes. The risk is pretty minimal. But the risk is always there, sometimes life will throw a few curveballs at you. But the best thing about ZooVille is that there is a LOT of information to be read in the "Health and Wellbeing" and "How To's and Educational" sections of the forum.

to be honest, "fear of the vet doing dna test for some reason" would likely be the last of my worries if anything bad was going on with my girl... as floof said, make sure to go in clean. and trim your nails before fingering.

It wasn't until the next day or so I noticed her gums completely white, she lost weight and she was burning up. The infection was bad enough that it put her into kidney failure and it took her months to be back to somewhat normal. I feed all my dogs raw and she was on a prescription kidney failure diet for a long time. She's happily back onto eating raw again and it's been about 4 years since the vet visit.

This is something that I definitely fear as well. Although the chances of infection is pretty low if you make sure that your dick is clean before you stick in it your doggy girl and abstain from sex 2-4 weeks after a heat cycle. Usually I'll hop in the shower before I make love to my doggy girl. Usually with infections you'll see signs beforehand, such as discomfort, lethargy, as well as them not wanting to be touched down there. My biggest worry is if I make love to my girl and she then trips down the stairs on her after sex walk and breaks her hip. Something that's unexpected, and that I cannot prepare for beforehand. Although my first worry will be getting her to the vet ASAP.

They can, but from what I've heard it's usually unlikely. In theory they could ship a sample of whatever leaks out of her vagina to a lab to be tested, but most of the time they won't bother with doing so. It definitely helps if you take a clean paper towel and wipe the inside of her vulva from top to bottom. As usually your sperm will collect towards the bottom of her vulva near the opening of her urethra before it leaks out. That way you can try to collect any loose semen.

Human cum and dog cum will typically have a different consistency. Human cum is thicker and whiter. While dog cum is typically thinner and watery. If your semen leaks out, any trained vet will probably know the difference. But there is a possibility they might teat human semen as simple "unknown vaginal leakage." They'll probably run a blood test, and if nothing seems amiss, they might just tell you about the leakage, and to keep an eye on it. But you can never know for certain. I heard this from a vet tech.

There's always a risk with being sexually involved with your female doggy girl. I take a slight risk every time I make love to my girl. But usually if you keep yourself clean, make sure you can fit inside by fingering her first, and make sure you keep an eye on your girl for any changes. The risk is pretty minimal. But the risk is always there, sometimes life will throw a few curveballs at you. But the best thing about ZooVille is that there is a LOT of information to be read in the "Health and Wellbeing" and "How To's and Educational" sections of the forum.
“abstain from sex 2-4 weeks after a heat cycle”

Why is that?

Increased chance of infection
I have been reading about pyometra and the supposed increased chance of infection post-estrus. But the information doesn’t seem all too consistent. Some say one week, some 2-4 weeks and others as much as two months.

Also, if the dead sperm cells are the primary cause of bacterial infection, why not just use a condom during this period?

I have been reading about pyometra and the supposed increased chance of infection post-estrus. But the information doesn’t seem all too consistent. Some say one week, some 2-4 weeks and others as much as two months.

Also, if the dead sperm cells are the primary cause of bacterial infection, why not just use a condom during this period?
Its just a increased risk

Where does one read about pyometra and dead sperm cells?

Back