What does dog milk taste like?

Mosteel

Citizen of Zooville
Look... i've been curious since i was like, 10, and this feels like the only place on earth i'd ever be able to get an answer.
We already milk cows, goats, almonds, horses, and even camels. Romulus and whoevertheotherguywas sucked wolf milk straight from the source, and people though that was sooo cool they founded an empire on that basis.
Don't even TRY to shame me!

I just need closure on this burning question. Please. Please.

People who've tried it can give you words about how it tastes and how it compares to X mammal's milk. But until you try it for yourself, you really aren't going to truly know. Everyone's taste buds are different, and the canine's diet will likely subtly change the flavor dog to dog anyways.

1681694997959.png

People who've tried it can give you words about how it tastes and how it compares to X mammal's milk. But until you try it for yourself, you really aren't going to truly know. Everyone's taste buds are different, and the canine's diet will likely subtly change the flavor dog to dog anyways.

View attachment 383656
Sigh.
Guess im sneaking into the animal shelter...
I wonder if can fed vs kibble fed milk is any different.

Romulus and whoevertheotherguywas

That would be Remus, his brother. And I couldn't tell you, but I'll admit to curiosity too. You'd figure I'd know by now, many lactating animals as I've raised out here. Goats, cow, dog had pups last year, sow been having piglets etc. One of these days I oughta suck a teat and tell you guys. What I can tell you is that cow piss has a sugary-sweet aftertaste, I suspect from them being ruminant herbivores with very complete & thorough digestion. All that grass & grain gets broken down from starch to sugar and the aftertaste in the urine might as well be syrup when it oxidizes on the tongue, for how deliciously sweet it is! 😛 Who knew?

That would be Remus, his brother. And I couldn't tell you, but I'll admit to curiosity too. You'd figure I'd know by now, many lactating animals as I've raised out here. Goats, cow, dog had pups last year, sow been having piglets etc. One of these days I oughta suck a teat and tell you guys. What I can tell you is that cow piss has a sugary-sweet aftertaste, I suspect from them being ruminant herbivores with very complete & thorough digestion. All that grass & grain gets broken down from starch to sugar and the aftertaste in the urine might as well be syrup when it oxidizes on the tongue, for how deliciously sweet it is! 😛 Who knew?
Fascinating!

I wonder why no one mentioned that dog milk is very likely to have parasites. It doesn't matter if the dog doesn't test positive for parasites, the eggs can lay dormant and are re-activated for lactation.
i'd say it's somewhere between "noone asked" and "it's fairly common knowledge". i mean it's literally the reason newborn puppies should be dewormed as early as about fourteen days old.

i wonder why you didn't mention it's very rare for a healthy adult human to contract most dog-specific parasites. needless fearmongering is not a good look.

it tastes very similarly to "normal" cow milk, no additional tastes nor any aftertaste. back when my girl wasn't spayed, she used to be fake pregnant at least once a year. i often helped her relieve the pressure. dog titties are awesome.
"normal cows milk"
sound like.... mass appeal...

Ok, we're shifting topics.
We should crispr dogs to have the milk output of cows, and, with nearly every house having a dog-cow pumping out free liquid... white gold?, the dairy industry will collapse. And then.... well i have no idea what to do next. Dilk for everyone!

Lister : What kind of milk are we using now?
Holly : Emergency backup supply. We're on the dog's milk.
Lister : Dog's milk!
Holly : Nothing wrong with dog's milk. Full of goodness, full of vitamins, full of marrowbone jelly. Lasts longer than any other milk, dog's milk.
Lister : Why?
Holly : No bugger'll drink it. Plus of course the advantage of dog's milk is that when it goes off, it tastes exactly the same as when it's fresh.

Can you see they are actively not replying to this question?
Huh?
That was just a joke. Im autistic, so i'm sorry if i'm not that great at making jokes, but i meant this thread to be pretty "jokey" in general. Sorry if it wasn't clear at first.
I kinda just glossed past that reply.

I started reading this thread at first expecting it to be a "male dog's milk" question but turns out I am incorrect - however, this thread is still interesting.

Go suck random animal tears and tell us what the milk tastes like 😂

What type of autism you got?
Where are you ''on the spectrum'' (I hate they're calling it this lately)
Uhh... mid functioning i guess? Level 2 iirc.
I was nonverbal for a lot of my life. I was diagnosed kinda early.

If you think i suck at handling social situations now, you should've seen me a few years ago.
Trying and failing a million billion times, and learning from such has really helped.
Though even now im still terrible at it.

Lister : What kind of milk are we using now?
Holly : Emergency backup supply. We're on the dog's milk.
Lister : Dog's milk!
Holly : Nothing wrong with dog's milk. Full of goodness, full of vitamins, full of marrowbone jelly. Lasts longer than any other milk, dog's milk.
Lister : Why?
Holly : No bugger'll drink it. Plus of course the advantage of dog's milk is that when it goes off, it tastes exactly the same as when it's fresh.
Beat me 2it! Old Holly was better than new one. Fight me.

I have heard of this although I haven't looked into it enough to be confident and spread it. It is possible that when accessing those risks, normal human behavior was used. Most people don't ingest parasite eggs purposely by drinking dog milk. Accidental exposure to trace amounts of infected fecal matter is more common.

Unless it's universal knowledge, it's good to talk about risks in any conversation that could tempt someone into doing something. Like saying to chose a dog based on lifestyle compatibility rather than physical traits. I think it is very common knowledge to put some thought into that... but a few don't.

Well. I did end up testing a larger amount (about half a shot, cause I had to express her to prevent a health issue from arising). And my girl did have parasites, but I'm already at risk due to them sharing all the surfaces with me. I didn't contact roundworm, but I'm a healthy-ish adult

And it tastes like...

Milk

That's it

Back