What Do You Get Annoyed By?

People who ask obvious questions without stopping to think about it first.

"Can we print white on black paper?"

"Does the printer have white ink in it?"

"Oh... right..."

Steam's downloader. Something about it is fucked up. If I let it run unthrottled, hell more than 2mb/s, it overloads my hard drive's buffer and causes the whole computer to lock up in fits and starts until the buffer manages to clear itself. Yet torrents are able to download at over 9mb/s without any adverse effects on the computer's performance.

I think Steam downloads compressed packets and then unpacks them simultaneous to the ongoing downloads. So the combined function of downloading and unpacking plus the queue of downloaded but not yet unpacked files due to downloading faster than it can unpack is what overloads it. Instead of just downloading everything then doing the unpacking during the post download install that it runs.

Steam's downloader. Something about it is fucked up. If I let it run unthrottled, hell more than 2mb/s, it overloads my hard drive's buffer and causes the whole computer to lock up in fits and starts until the buffer manages to clear itself. Yet torrents are able to download at over 9mb/s without any adverse effects on the computer's performance.
My biggest problem with Steam's downloader is the fact that it's painfully slow to download updates. Despite having pretty fast internet, a 250mb update often takes over an hour to complete. Damn it, I wanted to play Automation NOW, not an hour from now.

My biggest problem with Steam's downloader is the fact that it's painfully slow to download updates. Despite having pretty fast internet, a 250mb update often takes over an hour to complete. Damn it, I wanted to play Automation NOW, not an hour from now.
The real problem is that it forces the installation of updates before you can play anything, even a single player game MUST be updated or you can't play it - unless you're in offline mode when the update gets pushed.

The Steamworks Shared files are also annoying as fuck. They're nothing but directX/dotnet/etc distributions, which have been packaged with physical games as long as they've existed. But on physical game installations the installers were smart enough to check if you had them already installed. Steam just fucking runs the most up to date distribution installer every fucking time you run ANY game that uses it for the first time. Nevermind it's a 20 year old game needing directx6, and you've already got directx80 installed, Steam will still fucking reinstall directx.

On the subject of Steam updates, what's up with their scheduling?
"This is a 400kB update, so to not interrupt your gaming we're scheduling it for 8am Thursday week."

I must've gotten under your skin because I already forgot about all this bullshit. Grow up, accept it and MOVE ON.
Awww, did my comment hurt your feelings?? Nah mate, saw some of your comments in the thread and realised you're annoying af so I added it too the list... Grow up, get over it and move in snow flake 😉

Run and "cutscene" sequences in video games. Take 3 steps, platform falls out from under you sending you tumbling down a slop, get back up, take 5 steps, pillar falls and nearly hits you, take 2 more steps, monster bursts through wall and you throw it off the cliff on the other side, take 4 more steps...

You know what, just make it a full fucking cutscene, I don't want my gameplay interrupted every 5 seconds for a 10 second long uncontrollable stint.

Any kind of “bump if” forum threads. It’s just super pointless and a clear sign of a lack of imagination.

when my internet is running slow and i have to do something like school work or work related (first world probs lmao)

Back