What breed of dog is perfect for inexperienced one?

Meroth

Lurker
Hello everyone!

I'm REALLY want to apologize for my English (my native language is russian. You can ask some questions if you want :)). It should be really painful to read what I've wrote, sorry

So, I have read some topics and now know that you should choose a dog according to:

1. Difficulty of training and upbringing
It would be a pity, if dobermann won't obey you, huh? :)
Inexperienced people just can't deal with that breeds of dogs. That's also about dogs that require a special treat: diet, vitamins, medicines, etc.

2. The activity of the dog
Dog should fit your lifestyle.

3. Sizes of the dog
Citizens can't keep really big ones in their flats. That's about length and width of the dog's "device" as well (especially if you want to practice anal). Length of dog's legs is also important as I noticed.

Eventually, what species are perfect for newbies in general?
I heard that the German Shepherds are just ideal ones. Is that so?

It varies on your place. If you have a larger space or at least a garden. Go for dalmatian or Labrador depending on your activity. If you live in a small place, you can get a cocker spaniel or a boxer. Applies the same to the activity, boxer for more activity and cocker for more lazy one.

But I actually think that dogs for newbies are more relying on the size, then the behavior can be checked. Even a mix can be by far better sometimes but they vary a lot on their build

And what breed of dog should choose not really active, inexperienced citizen like me? I also want not a small one, middle, like Husky maybe. Are Husky's right choice? Not too big for first experience? And what about upbringing?

It varies on your place. If you have a larger space or at least a garden. Go for dalmatian or Labrador depending on your activity. If you live in a small place, you can get a cocker spaniel or a boxer. Applies the same to the activity, boxer for more activity and cocker for more lazy one.
Everyone loves Dalmatines as I noticed. That's because of their size of the "device" and length of legs?
And Labradors are easiest dogs to train? They are also popular ones

One of my penpal (and his experience is like... Huge. More than 20 dogs...) said that Staff.Terrier and Pitbull are good choice. (But I think that Pitbull is really not)

Last edited:
Husky's are great lovers
Never recommend a husky. They are sexy and adorable as fuck but otherwise very demanding breed for anyone who is seriously reading this thread.
For a first dogs one should select an avarage dog that is considered a normal family dog - Like a lab or some a low energy breed like mastiff.

The most important thing is that the activity level and demands of the dog meet ones lifestyle. Almost any dog can be destructive if not given enough activity.

I’d recommend a Rotty as well. They’re strong, their cocks aren’t too big.
They require space though.

Everyone loves Dalmatines as I noticed. That's because of their size of the "device" and length of legs?
And Labradors are easiest dogs to train? They are also popular ones

One of my penpal (and his experience is like... Huge. More than 20 dogs...) said that Staff.Terrier and Pitbull are good choice. (But I think that Pitbull is really not)

Dalmatians have their love due to their look and on how well they can behave overall (i know every dog is a world, i've met angry/aggresive dalmatians as well). I don't have much infor of their "devices", only a friend of mine that told me that breed if perfect for her, but as she said, it's "for her" and maybe not for everyone.

Labs are a very social and they are pretty much intelligent, i couldn't tell they are the easiest to train, but i've seen many that are pretty much active, and willing to perform stuff with you, they love to do stuff (not necesarily sexual) and get bored easily, so you'd need to spend lots of time with them, that's a fact.

pd: Pitbull aren't that bad, but it's true that if you leave them alone pretty much lot of time, they tend to become more bold and independent, which may lead to some dis-trust behavior.

Hello everyone!

I'm REALLY want to apologize for my English (my native language is russian. You can ask some questions if you want :)). It should be really painful to read what I've wrote, sorry

So, I have read some topics and now know that you should choose a dog according to:

1. Difficulty of training and upbringing
It would be a pity, if dobermann won't obey you, huh? :)
Inexperienced people just can't deal with that breeds of dogs. That's also about dogs that require a special treat: diet, vitamins, medicines, etc.

2. The activity of the dog
Dog should fit your lifestyle.

3. Sizes of the dog
Citizens can't keep really big ones in their flats. That's about length and width of the dog's "device" as well (especially if you want to practice anal). Length of dog's legs is also important as I noticed.

Eventually, what species are perfect for newbies in general?
I heard that the German Shepherds are just ideal ones. Is that so?
Not bad on your English. from what I would think that works best is one that fits your lifestyle and one similar to your body type. If he doesn’t have to work to get inline with you there shouldn’t be a problem. Other then how aggressive he is doing the deed.

Definitely not a husky.
Anyone thinking about getting a husky should watch about a hundred videos on the youtube channel Sixty Formula. That guy knows his stuff and explains every aspect of owning that type of dog.

Definitely not a good dog for the inexperienced.

A few years ago I owned a husky. He was the most intelligent, stubborn and downright infuriating dog I ever had the displeasure of knowing.
I ended up giving him to someone with a bit more experience and time.

Definitely not a good dog for the inexperienced.
Fortunately for me, I have experience with intelligent dogs. My current girl is a saluki, who is extremely independent minded. Personally, I don't like dumb dogs. I prefer mine to be very smart because that is one thing I find makes them interesting. Labs and retrievers seem ultra boring to me.
"Go fetch" -- yeah, no. [zzz]

But there is a difference between intelligence and drive. Some dogs are extremely driven as well as smart (or worse, driven and not smart). I'm not sure I would like having, say, a border collie because they are neurotic about always having to have a job to do. I'm not 100% sure about huskies in this regard, but those I've spoken to who have them say that they are not quite like that.

Fortunately for me, I have experience with intelligent dogs. My current girl is a saluki, who is extremely independent minded. Personally, I don't like dumb dogs. I prefer mine to be very smart because that is one thing I find makes them interesting. Labs and retrievers seem ultra boring to me.
"Go fetch" -- yeah, no. [zzz]

But there is a difference between intelligence and drive. Some dogs are extremely driven as well as smart (or worse, driven and not smart). I'm not sure I would like having, say, a border collie because they are neurotic about always having to have a job to do. I'm not 100% sure about huskies in this regard, but those I've spoken to who have them say that they are not quite like that.

I think for a newbie a quite boring (Lab or Retriever) is right for for him. Both male and female is a good start. As you asserted you are an experience zoo he is not. After gaining some experience he can move on to other breeds.

Dude he asked a legitimate question (don't show off). Your rambling about intelligence and drive is not helpful. It’s like some ask you for help with addition and you start boasting about your Algebra prowess.
zzzzzz

Last edited:
I think for a newbie a quite boring (Lab or Retriever) is right for for him. Both male and female is a good start. As you asserted you are an experience zoo he is not. After gaining some experience he can move on to other breeds.

Dude he asked a legitimate question (don't show off). Your rambling about intelligence and drive is not helpful. It’s like some ask you for help with addition and you start boasting about your Algebra prowess.
zzzzzz
Chill, I wasn't insulting anyone. I was merely stating MY preferences. That's okay, is it not?
Also, not an experienced 'zoo' just have experience owning intelligent dog breeds is all.

I currently have a labradoodle (F1) which shows a lot of lab qualities. He is loyal and was easy to train and is well put-together (athletic). Very playful but not hyper and a great lover with manageable equipment. In terms of raw sexual energy with above-average size - I'd say doberman, but mine was a handful since he was a one-person dog and demanded a lot of attention. My great dane was also wonderful in terms of huge equipment and was generally a big baby but he had health issues and didn't live very long.

Didn't you read what Gigelina said? Ask any husky owner and he/she will tell you that they are not suitable for a first time dog owner. As Gigelina said, they are very demanding breed which means they need a strong willed owner for they will challenge his/her authority on a daily basis. Plus, don't expect you'll get away with just an hour-long walk a day - it'll be more like 4-5 hours! That's just for start, so, no, I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT recomend them as a first dog!

That's not necessarily true. Like in other breeds, working line dogs (or racing line in case of huskies) are not the only bloodline. There are also show line huskies with slightly shorter feet that do not need *that* much exercise. My girl is happy with approximately 2½h of exercise (usually on-and-off running and 15+min playing catch) and is a well-behaved sweetheart most of the time, even off-leash. Of course, it depends on the individual temperament of each dog, but I wouldn't generally dismiss (showline) huskies as inexperienced owner.

Interestingly, there seems to be rather little information about showline huskies. All of my research online came to the same conclusions. I didn't even know it myself until I asked a breeder, fully expecting to give up my dream of ever living with a husky...

Didn't you read what Gigelina said? Ask any husky owner and he/she will tell you that they are not suitable for a first time dog owner. As Gigelina said, they are very demanding breed which means they need a strong willed owner for they will challenge his/her authority on a daily basis. Plus, don't expect you'll get away with just an hour-long walk a day - it'll be more like 4-5 hours! That's just for start, so, no, I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT recomend them as a first dog!
I just noticed the details of this particular post. Man! I have to disagree entirely. 4-5 hours?? Per DAY??!!! No way. No dog anywhere expects to be walked 4-5 hours a day. This is ridiculous. How do you expect anyone to take this point seriously?

Additionally, very demanding? No. Are they smarter than the average sleepy lab? Yeah. Does this translate to demanding? No. I've watched dozens of Sixty Formula videos about siberian huskies and they are absolutely not what you are describing here.

Back