What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

I need a little bit of something then just them reading. I bore easily. Check out the Mercy Thompson series of books.
Dude is that the series where a kid gains the ability to turn into a fox and gets sent to a school for kids with special abilities? I believe he gained the ability to turn into a peregrine falcon or something in one of the later series too. I'd totally forgotten that book existed! I was absolutely obsessed with that series as a child but had somehow totally forgotten about it in adult life. I went a long time without reading and have only recently been getting back into doing so now that I am sober and that one had totally slipped my mind lol. Yknow on recollection I really feel as if that series shaped me into the person whom I am today in at least a small way. I mean, just look at my avatar photo lol

Dude is that the series where a kid gains the ability to turn into a fox and gets sent to a school for kids with special abilities? I believe he gained the ability to turn into a peregrine falcon or something in one of the later series too. I'd totally forgotten that book existed! I was absolutely obsessed with that series as a child but had somehow totally forgotten about it in adult life. I went a long time without reading and have only recently been getting back into doing so now that I am sober and that one had totally slipped my mind lol. Yknow on recollection I really feel as if that series shaped me into the person whom I am today in at least a small way. I mean, just look at my avatar photo lol
No not exactly.
1622833268726.jpeg

hah yknow what happened, I googled the series and saw in the description that she turns into a coyote which reminded me of the series which I just mentioned. I couldn't remember the title though so had to find it based off of googling the description of it, but then somehow I believed it all conflated and ended up believing it was the same thing as the book which you just mentioned. My apologies, I'm super tired tonight :p

Finished Crucible a couple weeks ago. Back to A Thousand Ships, it's a retelling of the Trojan epic from the historically ignored point of view of all the woman impacted by the war.

Don't know that char. But yes it's a 40k book 😁
I know, that's why I mentioned it.
If you're reading Prospero Burns you probably read the previous books of the horus heresy (if not, you should) and Sedirae is one of the Luna Wolves.
I don't like the Luna Wolves (or even that character) but I really liked the name :3

Iam reading by order yes I read the Luna wolf's and history of horus falling.
May just have forgot that name.
The only book I read out of order so far was the assassins book that I really liked 😁

I never got around to reading all of them, hell, I never got to Prospero Burns, that's the effin fifteenth book xD
And it's not surprising you didn't remember Luc Sedirae. He was a rather minor character in the first book.

Craig Alanson came out with a new Expeditionary Force novel a couple of weeks ago. I read it, but only because I'd read the earlier ones. I'm glad he's nearing the end of the series.

AJ Markam's "Succubus" series is surprisingly good writing, considering that the plot lines are just excuses to get to the sex scenes -- which I skip, because the plots are more fun.

Hans G. Schantz's "The Hidden Truth" series; pretty good for YA fiction. He's started on the final book but there's no release scheduled, and it probably won't be out for a long while; he's apparently trying to finish an engineering textbook first.

Recently did a reread of Victor Gischler's "Gun Monkeys" and "Gestapo Mars". (His other books don't live up to those.)

1632 by Eric Flint
You have my sympathies. I had the misfortune to meet him once. He is a committed communist who will spend hours arguing minutiae of the various different strains. He simply will not shut up.

Sirius: A Fantasy of Love and Discord by Olaf Stapledon.

It's one of the first serious attempts at uplift xenofiction: in other words, what would it actually be like to be a super-intelligent dog? Turns out, your life would suck pretty bad. Stapledon can't write dialogue for shit, but I otherwise enjoyed it.

I actually read it a while back and I'm just flicking through it because I couldn't remember one important detail: was he fucking his foster-sister?
Yes, he was. Before you get your hopes up, it's not at all sexy. The fact that I couldn't remember it should be evidence of this.

Back