What are some things your animal partners do that make you smile?

J

Jewelry Fish

I guess I’m curious. We have all this sexual stuff, and it’s rare that I read any fluff stories. I’d love to hear them!

I’ll go first. I’m currently sitting beside my lover who’s out cold for the night. Not only is he wrapped up in my blanket, but he was having a dream for a little bit and started barking in his sleep, but it was a really lazy sound. It makes me grin like an idiot watching him snooze. God he’s so precious.

If me and my girl sleep in too late, then eventually my boy comes stomping up the stairs to come and wake us up. But I do love waking up to a beautiful Lab boy breathing in my face, and when we wake up he gets all excited.

Ah, sleep barks, always make me wonder what my boy is dreaming about. He often sleeps curled in the corner of the couch when his face gets all squished against the arm, if he's laying on the side with the pillow on it he basically hugs the pillow and his face gets even more squished in between the arm and the pillow. It's so cute.

The way he slept with his back legs turned backwards
The lively dreams making him run and bark while sleeping
The way he pushed his snout between my arm and body to get me to cuddle with him
Or how he was actually scared of a cat, that was too in our haushold. Btw, the cat was scared of my bunny, which was also pretty ridiculous. One bunny ruled them all.

Last edited by a moderator:
My mare is perfect to me, she means everything to me. everything she does is just wow, the way she breathes on me to her licking my hand (for some reason) to just the privilege to be in the presence and be the lover if such a magnificent beautiful creature is enough to make me love living. And when we lay down together really makes me smile, because of her past of being abused, means that she trusts me enough to be beside her in such a vulnerable position. I love that girl, and she sometimes seems oddly, human, I feel that when I talk to her she listens and talks back in her own way

My newfie likes to bring me random items around the house as "gifts." It's honestly the cutest things ever. Examples of items she's grabbed around the house and given to me... A empty McDonalds cheeseburger box, a pack of Austin crackers, a bag of chips I had laying on the counter, and a few pieces of unopened mail a had laying around. She'll usually walk up to me while I'm sitting on my recliner. She's have the object in her mouth and will be staring at me. Once I take the item she'll look at me with her tail wagging.

It's honestly super adorable and I laugh hysterically every time she does it. She's like "Here, I've gifted you this McDonalds box, my love." I'm like "Gee thanks girl, I can *certainly* use that."

My mare is perfect to me, she means everything to me. everything she does is just wow, the way she breathes on me to her licking my hand (for some reason) to just the privilege to be in the presence and be the lover if such a magnificent beautiful creature is enough to make me love living. And when we lay down together really makes me smile, because of her past of being abused, means that she trusts me enough to be beside her in such a vulnerable position. I love that girl, and she sometimes seems oddly, human, I feel that when I talk to her she listens and talks back in her own way
I remember life being like that with my mare.

All of my dogs make me smile from their usual whacky antics to my elderly dog seeing me off for work every night while the others enjoy my still warm bed. My husky does need praise for not only making me smile, but everyone else too. Normally he's a backtalking knucklehead with no idea on just how big he is, but when other people are with him, he's a gentle, fluffy teddy bear. Random strangers on the street will beam with joy like they just came across a bunch of the cutest babies when they see him. Kids can hang off of his neck and he'll keep that tail of his going. When we visit my grandparents, he'll rest his head on my grandma's lap and soak up all of the attention. I guess it makes me happy that everyone gets the gentalman while I get the pain in the ass.

my girl makes me smile and kinda worry lately... she'd just sit in the middle of a room and stare at the wall. not moving an inch, she does that for up to an hour at a time. not even noticing me or other dogs walking around. maybe she's contemplating her life choices? we're kinda in the middle of a pregnancy scare atm...

my girl makes me smile and kinda worry lately... she'd just sit in the middle of a room and stare at the wall. not moving an inch, she does that for up to an hour at a time. not even noticing me or other dogs walking around. maybe she's contemplating her life choices? we're kinda in the middle of a pregnancy scare atm...
A whole hour at a time? If she was doing this for 1-5 minutes I may not pay it any mind. But if she's doing this for a whole hour, and especially if she wasn't doing this until recently, I would advise having a vet take a look at her. Can you at least break her from this and get her attention? I'm not a vet myself but it sounds like some type of neurological issue. Even if she checks out with a clean bill of health, it's better to be safe rather than sorry.

A whole hour at a time? If she was doing this for 1-5 minutes I may not pay it any mind. But if she's doing this for a whole hour, and especially if she wasn't doing this until recently, I would advise having a vet take a look at her. Can you at least break her from this and get her attention? I'm not a vet myself but it sounds like some type of neurological issue. Even if she checks out with a clean bill of health, it's better to be safe rather than sorry.
thanks for your concern. literally anything i do in the kitchen breaks her out of this "phased out" trance. it's not really a new behavior, just the times got a bit longer (used to be like a minute to ten minutes). we'll be visiting the vet soon to check whatever she is really pregnant or not, i'll bring this up too.

thanks for your concern. literally anything i do in the kitchen breaks her out of this "phased out" trance. it's not really a new behavior, just the times got a bit longer (used to be like a minute to ten minutes). we'll be visiting the vet soon to check whatever she is really pregnant or not, i'll bring this up too.
Good deal. I tend to freak out and bring mine to the vet everytime something is off. I'm more likely to take my girls to the vet than I am to take myself to a doctor. Seeing my girls happy and healthy always brings a smile to my face. They mean the world to me.

I wish you luck with your next visit. Seeing that you've called it a "pregnancy scare" I hope things will be a-okay for you and her. (If she's pregnant just hope the pups aren't yours, that might be an awkward conversation! Lol)

I think the cutest thing my girl does is she always wants to lay on top of me when we're just relaxing or going to sleep. I mean her face on mine, her chest on mine, her legs on mine. She always has to be as close to me as possible and I love it, makes me smile ear to ear every time. I also love when I wake up in the middle of the night with warm pups on either side of me practically trapping me in the bed. Sometimes her and my boy will do the same things and make eachother uncomfortable so they each take a side lol.

Too many things to mention but I'll share a few that come to mind.

Labradors seem to be natural optimists so they're always being silly and making me smile. My mate (see avatar) likes to bring me her toys (or anything she likes) to show me. I can't have it, she just wants to show it to me. Then she does circles around me like a shark, occasionally stopping to remind me what she has. When she wants to go for a walk she will bring me her leash while wildly swinging it around and knocking things off tables, if I ignore her she throws it at me.

My male is super affectionate. He will approach me and then press his forehead against me, sometimes for over a minute, and then collapse on top of me or beside me, making sure he's as close to me as possible. When you rub his ears he moans.

My husky is very vocal. Shocking, right? Very cute sometimes though. She's also the only dog I've had that gets very into watching television sometimes. She will watch dogs/wolves on the screen intensely and bark or howl back. Once the wolf on screen ran off to the left and then off screen and she tried to run off and find out where it went.

Good deal. I tend to freak out and bring mine to the vet everytime something is off. I'm more likely to take my girls to the vet than I am to take myself to a doctor. Seeing my girls happy and healthy always brings a smile to my face. They mean the world to me.

I wish you luck with your next visit. Seeing that you've called it a "pregnancy scare" I hope things will be a-okay for you and her. (If she's pregnant just hope the pups aren't yours, that might be an awkward conversation! Lol)
i actually hope there aren't any pups, she's almost 7 and never had any... to girl her size it's comparable to a 50 year old woman getting pregnant for the first time according to the vet. lots of bad can happen.

When my dog is thirsty he will bring his water dish to me if its empty, if I dont fill it immediately, as in within 60 seconds he will get frustrated and go get a bottle of water from the pack on the floor and bring it and drop it into the bowl, if I still dont get the hint, he will bite the neck of the bottle and press down on the bottle with his paw and lap the water from the cracked open bottle. To make this more holy shit your smart, I never gave him water from the bottles, he figured out it was water on his own from observing me because his water was from the tap.

He also will straight up velociraptor a door, if I'm in the bedroom and its closed, he will reach up and use his paw to pull the door handle down so he can come in.

If I'm eating something he wants he will stare longingly at the food, while inching closer and closer, if I ignore him he'll whimper a little, if I pretend to watch tv he will put his paw on my knee, like hey focus, on the adorable starving dog, if I ignore him still he'll yip and bark and paw me.

Also if I ask where's the baby, he'll roll on his back and show you his tummy with his front paws tucked in and just have a great time of rolling around on his back being an adorable fur monkey.

I miss the last female GSD we had. The dog thought it was a cat and it was just funny to see her rubbing along the couch like a cat rubbing its back. Back and forth with a big doggy smile the whole time.

I miss the last female GSD we had. The dog thought it was a cat and it was just funny to see her rubbing along the couch like a cat rubbing its back. Back and forth with a big doggy smile the whole time.
Aww, my little mutt mix girl does that. She'll lean in and prance alongside the couch rubbing her back and sides. She'll also turn her back towards the couch, squat, and then "twerk" up and down to scratch her lower back. She's a weird one, that's for sure.

To give you an image for what I mean by her "twerking" here's a gif. Just imagine a dog doing that on a couch. Lol

tenor.gif

My newfie likes to bring me random items around the house as "gifts." It's honestly the cutest things ever. Examples of items she's grabbed around the house and given to me... A empty McDonalds cheeseburger box, a pack of Austin crackers, a bag of chips I had laying on the counter, and a few pieces of unopened mail a had laying around. She'll usually walk up to me while I'm sitting on my recliner. She's have the object in her mouth and will be staring at me. Once I take the item she'll look at me with her tail wagging.

It's honestly super adorable and I laugh hysterically every time she does it. She's like "Here, I've gifted you this McDonalds box, my love." I'm like "Gee thanks girl, I can *certainly* use that."
So CUTE! Thanks for sharing that...so heartwarming...

Back