What are Some Things That Annoy you That Non-Zoo "Pet Owners" Do

smacking their pets isn't just an annoyance... i think ppl that do that as their go-to "training" method are just evil, same with ppl who'd put their pets noses in their urine/poo to make them do that not in the house. i mean, maybe walk them sometimes?

i also hope there is a special place in hell for people who get a dog, put him/her in their yard and that's it. no walks, no interaction just a meal or two per day as if all he/she was to them was "alarm that runs on food". i had a few words with "owners" like that and their answer was always the same, "a dog is supposed to guard" and that was that...
my neighbors three houses over have this gorgeous looking border collie girl who has "life" just like this, withering away alone in a yard barking at everything, because she doesn't know anything. isn't socialized or anything. but being a smart gal, she did figure out how to escape and started roaming for a while. the neighbors put a stop to that and "fixed" it with a fucking shock collar. it's fucking atrocious going past their house and seeing her trying to approach the fence to at least bark at a stranger and her collar starts beeping when she gets too close. what i hate about this the most is that there's nothing to report anywhere, in the eyes of the law she is "provided for". she has her dog house, has enough water and is well fed. imagining these people think they are better than me because they don't sleep with animals (in both senses of the word) is the worst

OMG I HATE shock collars, even those no bark collars just annoy the hell out of me......and even worse are those barbed collars. Ya know the ones designed to prevent a dog from pulling by having two smallish barbs that poke the dogs neck when they yank? cruelest invention ever....would like to slip one of those on anyone who would put one on a dog.

I read and learn everything I can about dog training. I even went to a trainer that uses these techniques to understand them better before making a decision about them ( I was already against these methods before learning about them, they didn't sound ethical or nice). What I've learned is that the dog listens with the e collar because they are constantly aware of it's presence, meaning they live with constant worry and fear that they will be shocked. That is definitely not the relationship I want with my dog or anyone else to have with their dog. I would rather get to the root of the behavior issue and solve it slowly with understanding, positivity and trust rather than discipline and fear.
This is a kinder and gentle means to change a dogs behavior with out violence. I have watched a, no longer friend, put cruel and abominations on his dog just to laugh when he puts it on a high level and pushes the button to deliver a painful jolt to the poor animal that it would convulse from the shock. He found this to be hilarious and entertaining, and made jokes about the way the animal could not control its muscle spasms. I thought to take and tie him to a high voltage source where you do not feel the initial pain, but after the tissue begins to heat up slowly, let him suffer while slowly and painfully cooking his flesh until he is reduced to a piece of charcole.

smacking their pets isn't just an annoyance... i think ppl that do that as their go-to "training" method are just evil, same with ppl who'd put their pets noses in their urine/poo to make them do that not in the house. i mean, maybe walk them sometimes?

i also hope there is a special place in hell for people who get a dog, put him/her in their yard and that's it. no walks, no interaction just a meal or two per day as if all he/she was to them was "alarm that runs on food". i had a few words with "owners" like that and their answer was always the same, "a dog is supposed to guard" and that was that...
my neighbors three houses over have this gorgeous looking border collie girl who has "life" just like this, withering away alone in a yard barking at everything, because she doesn't know anything. isn't socialized or anything. but being a smart gal, she did figure out how to escape and started roaming for a while. the neighbors put a stop to that and "fixed" it with a fucking shock collar. it's fucking atrocious going past their house and seeing her trying to approach the fence to at least bark at a stranger and her collar starts beeping when she gets too close. what i hate about this the most is that there's nothing to report anywhere, in the eyes of the law she is "provided for". she has her dog house, has enough water and is well fed. imagining these people think they are better than me because they don't sleep with animals (in both senses of the word) is the worst
Why did they get a boarder collie they need to go go go

I don't own a dog anymore but as many many have said striking the dog is just abusive and doesn't work same with cats I raise cats hitting them usually just makes them behave worse. But I also hate when I constently see people euthenizing dumping surrendering or rehoming their pet mostly dog and cats but also things like birds snakes etc because "they bit or attack my child for no reason" but in reality the kid was beating or harassing the animal none stop and the parent didn't stop them. See this all the time with cats.

Seeing dogs that have not been trained well and the awful sight of their minder wrenching the leash to restrain the dog's enthusiasm. Really pisses me!

I don't own a dog anymore but as many many have said striking the dog is just abusive and doesn't work same with cats I raise cats hitting them usually just makes them behave worse. But I also hate when I constently see people euthenizing dumping surrendering or rehoming their pet mostly dog and cats but also things like birds snakes etc because "they bit or attack my child for no reason" but in reality the kid was beating or harassing the animal none stop and the parent didn't stop them. See this all the time with cats.
Your right, in most cases when the animal strikes back it is usually because they feel they are going to be harmed someway. But I think striking is a good training tool, not to physically harm them, but a swat just enough to bruise their pride.

Aside from the obvious physical abuse I've always had an issue with the term "outside dog." It's one thing if you have working dogs who enjoy being outside and have stimulation from work and plenty of room to run, but I'm referring to "outside dogs" in the city. People who lock their dogs in a 1/8th acre yard, never let them inside, and rarely interact with them. At that point, what's the point of even having a dog?

This is the cruelty I'm reffering to. It seems they have to show the neighbors. 'hey, I have a dog I can abuse too, just like you'. I breaks my heart to see this abuse.

That they neuter/castrate their pets just to have a more dosile one or becasue "thats the way we always have done it". Animals have a sexuality too.

hate it when people treat their pet rough, i don't have a dog myself but if i did i'd never be one to hurt her, or scare her in anyway. fucking hate when people annoy the dog as well, like you wouldn't do that to another person, why do that to your pet.

hate it when people treat their pet rough, i don't have a dog myself but if i did i'd never be one to hurt her, or scare her in anyway. fucking hate when people annoy the dog as well, like you wouldn't do that to another person, why do that to your pet.
yeah, i knew a guy who would randomly yank on the leash of his dogo argentino boy (to the point of the poor boy faceplanting) when he walked him. when asked why he does this, he went along the lines of it being his interpretation of "be firm, be his alpha". he did other kinds of "you have to fine with this, i'm your master" bullshit like taking the boy's food bowl randomly when he was eating. he had not toys because "tough guys don't play around". luckily for the boy, the guy eventually had to move to a flat that didn't allow large breeds and just left him behind. as in literally left him in an empty house by himself. mayor of my village took him to shelter and he hopefully has a real family now....

it's sad that these powerful-looking breeds seem to attract the biggest bastards there are... other ppl around here used to have this rottweiler girl and raised her in similar "guard dogs have to be tough" vein. no toys, very little contact, never allowed inside the house and she was still the sweetest thing there is and let me pet her through the fence. nothing to report anywhere, because technically she was "well-provided for"... she later died of infection in her leg, because they couldn't be arsed to take her to a vet. last time i've seen the "owners" they had a new rottweiler and named her the same, they probably treat her the same way too.

I just realized that some owners censor their dog's genitalia on social media pics. Really annoying! 😄

I just realized that some owners censor their dog's genitalia on social media pics. Really annoying! 😄
ikr, saw a few instances on facebook where the owner even black-barred each nipple individually... something along the lines of "look at her spreading like a bitch" and a pic of their gsd girl on her back on a bed. would have been a very pleasant sight w/o all the black bars

The shock caller BS, a friend brother got a shocker to train his dog. We suggested he wear it first to try the different. First setting he pushed the button it shocked, he screamed it shocked again, we started laughing hard and he got shocked again. When he finally got it off he figured a squirt bottle with a small bit of lemon juice was good enough.

Something that bothers me is that they consider them as children, it also bothers me when they neuter their dog and then say they love him.

If you really consider your dog as a friend or as a son, how can you mutilate the genitals of your own "friend"?

Non-zoo's probably piss me off the most. Some examples like saying "dumb dog" or "just a dog" or "you should get your dog fixed". Some others are leaving a dog outside on a chain all the time, giving them zero attention, being lazy and not walking them, sexually mutilating their genitalia, striking them, snapping their leash, ... the list could go on forever.

I absolutely despise people who yank neck collars. Sure, a little sharp tug to get the dog to listen is fine, but I once witnessed a neighbor full strength yank her little Shih-Tzu for chasing a squirrel and the dog made the most horrifying choked sound of agony as he stumbled and fell from the pull. (She no longer has the dog, thankfully. Myself and some other neighbors reported this behaviour.)

Back