Vets and Suspision

chzny

Tourist
I love this site....so grateful for it.
I've a question: I'm adopting a puppy girl soon, she's 5 weeks old. I'm concerned about explaining to a vet why I will not want to spay. Any ideas. I know it's a red flag for them. I don't believe in it, ethically.

But what about when she's older? Vets know when something has happened. Can anyone advise me?

Thanks!
Charlie

I just say that I’m keeping him intact so he matures properly and I may breed him in the future. Beyond that, it’s quite frankly none of their damn business. The whole “bob barker, spay and neuter your dog” movement is annoying and misguided. Everybody is so quick to push for sterilization, yet they have no idea what it truly does to the animal. They just parrot back the same old “He’ll bE aGgReSsIvE/uNwAnTeD pUpPiEs” bullshit. Just remember that you’re paying the vet for their services. If they have an issue, stare down their nose at you, or keep trying to sell an unnecessary surgery; take your business elsewhere.

Vets will generally all ask on a first visit, just say you don't plan on spaying unless it's medically necessary. If they push the issue beyond your comfort level simply find a new vet. "This guy is fucking his dog!" is not what comes to mind when somebody refuses to spay, so don't worry about that. Most will be respectful of your choice.

My line, "Nothing happens to him/her that doesn't happen to me!" shuts down any spay/neuter discussion pronto ;)
Or my preferred variant: "You can do it to my critter right AFTER I watch you do it to yourself. Any further questions?" Generally, there aren't. The one time there were further questions, that vet never saw/heard from me again for *ANYTHING* beyond me making it unmistakably clear to him precisely why he lost my trade, and how I was going to pass the word to anyone who cared to listen that he wasn't fit to flush a dead goldfish down the john. I doubt it was specifically me or my actions, but a year or so later, I noticed that his place of business had "for lease" signs out front.

what makes you think not wanting to spay is a "red flag" to them? do you think "he totally fucks her" is on their mind instantly when you tell them you're not interested in needlessly mutilating her?

and what do you mean by "vets know when something has happened"? as in, they "know" when she had sex? unless she's oozing your fluids upon arrival, they "know" jack shit.

it simply boils down to "my animal, my decision" in "normal" people's language

also, some ppl really seem to need to realize how low (if at all) on "normal" person's mind sex with animals really is... there's a reason it's always such a big and shocking news (and laws get pushed immediately) when someone gets caught doing it. it's just so far out of this world for an average person. you can also just look at any average kinkster here, arriving with "yesterday i had no idea it's possible, now i'm hooked forevah"... just be yourself and don't look for "red flags" where there aren't any.

Last edited:
If that ever concerns you there are some threads about it:

The castration question has also come up a few times:

The castration question has also come up a few times:
can we get him "google" title?

can we get him "google" title?
Surprisingly in this case I am not trying to show that asking the same question again is bad, I am just providing more info. This is a much more important zoo question than "Which cock is the best cock?" and deserves to be answered. Even though the answers are the same every time.
It boils down to the dog being your dog and your decision. There may be some more effective things you can say but in the end I doubt the vet can force you to genitally mutilate your dog when you just do not want to.

I am a male so I usually say that as a guy I just can not bear do this to my also male dog. That is usually enough. If it is not enough I say that I do not want to damage my dog's mental development despite it making him a little bit more explosive. And if that is not enough I say that unless there is a legitimate health concern I am not going to modify my dog out of convenience.

They probably would know that she had sex if the vet examined her down deep in there. But I doubt they would be able to tell whether it was a dog or you. Unless she is full of your cum.

Human and dog cum has a noticeable difference in consistency and production, though. And come to think of it, I don't think I have ever seen dog cum dribble out of their vagina like a human's would. If anyone who's bred dogs before knows whether this is true or not, I'm quite interested.

Human and dog cum has a noticeable difference in consistency and production, though. And come to think of it, I don't think I have ever seen dog cum dribble out of their vagina like a human's would. If anyone who's bred dogs before knows whether this is true or not, I'm quite interested.
As far as I know. I never noticed any dog cum drip out when a male was finished with a dog. These were dogs that was someone else's that was living with me. Only drip there may have been was after the pull out.

You may be able to tell with human cum since it could possibly have a little bit of left over cum and usually could be noticeable. But by that time I think they may have to examine it if they wanted to question it. Idk on that. Just my 2cents

I think the vet really just wants to see a happy and healthy dog. One that is clean, a good weight, active and well cared for. I know my vet loves my Shepard and has never asked me anything other than normal vet questions (anything unusual, how is his health, etc). When he was a pup he did ask me about having him neutered and I said no and that was that, he wrote it in the file and we never discussed it again.

I like to think that my Shepard is well taken care of and to be honest, I would think that most people who care for their dog (active sexually or not) would want their dog to be happy and healthy.

I think for the most part, that is all the vet really is worried out as well. Is the dog happy and healthy? If yes then good deal!

I think the vet really just wants to see a happy and healthy dog. One that is clean, a good weight, active and well cared for. I know my vet loves my Shepard and has never asked me anything other than normal vet questions (anything unusual, how is his health, etc). When he was a pup he did ask me about having him neutered and I said no and that was that, he wrote it in the file and we never discussed it again.

I like to think that my Shepard is well taken care of and to be honest, I would think that most people who care for their dog (active sexually or not) would want their dog to be happy and healthy.

I think for the most part, that is all the vet really is worried out as well. Is the dog happy and healthy? If yes then good deal!
It sounds like you have a good vet.

what makes you think not wanting to spay is a "red flag" to them? do you think "he totally fucks her" is on their mind instantly when you tell them you're not interested in needlessly mutilating her?
The red flag is mostly an American and British thing. Not necessarily that you plan to have sex, but that there is something wrong with you. Somehow they widely adopted the paradigm that mutilating dogs would be what every good person has to do and you are someone irresponsible who disregards the well-being of animals, if you don't. We elsewhere in the world need to be careful not to allow this nonsense spread into our countries. It happens in the form of guidebooks about dogs that are translated from English into our mother tongues for example.

Happy to live somewhere where surgery on animal without a medical or behavioral reason is illegal - exception for livestock that can't be sold as food otherwise. So there's at least a theoretical legal barrier to indiscriminately spaying or neutering in Germany.

The red flag is mostly an American and British thing. Not necessarily that you plan to have sex, but that there is something wrong with you. Somehow they widely adopted the paradigm that mutilating dogs would be what every good person has to do and you are someone irresponsible who disregards the well-being of animals, if you don't. We elsewhere in the world need to be careful not to allow this nonsense spread into our countries. It happens in the form of guidebooks about dogs that are translated from English into our mother tongues for example.
I usually like to compare it to a lobotomy. There's nothing overly wrong with a person, but because something about who they are bothers you, your parents send you to a doctor who breaks you in horrible ways. In the dog case, the thing that bothers them is the normal behaviour of a healthy, matured dog, and instead of the brain its the genitalia that takes the jab. No matter the reason and whatever the part that is mutilated, its wrong. Though I don't judge those who do it, because those people would never let their dog fullfill that basic need. Better break it in a way that doesn't leave the dog longing in vain all the time. But it still doesn't make it right. Why it has become the default outlook in western society is beyond me.

I usually like to compare it to a lobotomy. There's nothing overly wrong with a person, but because something about who they are bothers you, your parents send you to a doctor who breaks you in horrible ways. In the dog case, the thing that bothers them is the normal behaviour of a healthy, matured dog, and instead of the brain its the genitalia that takes the jab. No matter the reason and whatever the part that is mutilated, its wrong. Though I don't judge those who do it, because those people would never let their dog fullfill that basic need. Better break it in a way that doesn't leave the dog longing in vain all the time. But it still doesn't make it right. Why it has become the default outlook in western society is beyond me.
i think mutilating is as big as it is due to two main reasons:
1) "it will make them live longer" being a widely accepted "truth"
2) convenience is king, always. as an owner of an intact gal i can tell you it'd be way cheaper if she was gutted. so many fences and even doors i had to mend, horny roamers can do lot of damage when attempting to visit her.

2) convenience is king, always. as an owner of an intact gal i can tell you it'd be way cheaper if she was gutted. so many fences and even doors i had to mend, horny roamers can do lot of damage when attempting to visit her.
Don't forget Bob Barker and his 30-odd years of spewing his "please mutilate your critters" 5 days a week.

Never really realised that would be a problem in some places. I don't think there's a single dog roaming free where I live. Not entirely sure why, but I imagine its because the agencies that manage that kind of stuff and take disowned dogs to shelters are really damned zealous, though cats do manage, likely because they are smaller, and they probably also murder whatever smaller dogs try to stray, given how cats are. Perhaps if people did more to deal with strays, it might be easier everywhere. Though I don't think it'd fix the issues I have with my dog, given its a boy.

Slightly out of topic but I think this can be related to vets theme as well. Is it safe do cum inside dog's pussy both during heat and when she's out of it ? How dangerous human cum inside her reproductive organs can be if sperm doesn't come out naturally by leaking (or it will always leak out of her) ? Thanks !

Search is your friend.....
Slightly out of topic but I think this can be related to vets theme as well. Is it safe do cum inside dog's pussy both during heat and when she's out of it ? How dangerous human cum inside her reproductive organs can be if sperm doesn't come out naturally by leaking (or it will always leak out of her) ? Thanks !

Do vets really jump to such an extreme when they find a non-neutered or spayed pet!?
That's super alarming, though I seriously doubt that. It sounds a little bit paranoid to me.

Do vets really jump to such an extreme when they find a non-neutered or spayed pet!?
That's super alarming, though I seriously doubt that. It sounds a little bit paranoid to me.
Depends on where you are.
In the great area of Cascadia, I have never met a vet who gave a hoot. But when I was in the prairies, particularily Manitoba, the vets refused to take us as a patient unless we neutered or spayed the dog :eek:

Depends on where you are.
In the great area of Cascadia, I have never met a vet who gave a hoot. But when I was in the prairies, particularily Manitoba, the vets refused to take us as a patient unless we neutered or spayed the dog :eek:
Wow. I'm just about as far from Cascadia as possible... That being said, if someone gave me a dirty look or grief, I'd just go somewhere else. Fuck that.

I wish there was animal birth control as an acceptable option, they have it for humans, but they can't do it for dogs?

they can - there are various options - like a vasectomy for male dogs. Or hormone injections for bitches - condoms are not an option. Or you can separate dogs when a female is in heat, but that might lead to pregnancies if you forget to lock a door or something.

Back