Vacationing, Hotel Rooms, and Temporary Time Apart

QuantumHusky

Citizen of Zooville
Well, I figured I should post something different and unique due to the virtual hellscape I experienced on another forum. Best to leave that in the past. Now I don't plan to vacation any time soon but I did want to leave some tips and see if anyone else wants to leave some advice for other zoos! Vacationing can be stressful for your loved one so I try and would advise you to make an attempt to stay close to her/ him in a new setting. Now we all know that hotel rooms are hard to find, those that accept dogs anyway but when we do find them they can be some of the most terrifying rooms available. It's important for your health and your lovers that you inspect the rooms first. Additionally, how can we calm the ones we love when we have to leave them for some time in the hotel room? Well if you are lucky enough to have a beautiful doggo for your companion the options are boundless. A storm vest may help as they create a hugging feeling. Just make sure that the A/C is on because you don't want to overheat your pup! Also, I recommend that you leave some clothing that you have previously worn as your smell can comfort them. Aside from that make sure they always have a fresh supply of food and water! Let me know what you guys think. I hope this is helpful to all of those zoos that need this!

I'm out of breath reading that :eek:

I look for inde motels - they pretty much all allow dogs/cats. Country B&B's often have a place for your horse as well.

Hotel Monaco is a chain of four star hotels located in many large cities that is incredibly dog friendly. They’ll bring you dog beds and bowls, even a fish to keep your dog company while you’re away. Attracts an interesting crowd...once I drank cocktails in the crowded lobby during social hour with a Great Dane while a lady played a harp.

I highly recommend it, at least once, for the experience

Back