Unsolicited Observations of a Newbie

Smokin5150

Tourist
I found this forum through a series of "happy accidents." I have some zoo experience, but far from the required 10,000 hours to have any meaningful expertise. However, in the last few days of reading hundreds of posts on the wide ranging topics covered here, I was struck by the depth of knowledge and compelled to add my own voice.

ABOUT ME

50s highly educated professional. Married bi white male. First discovered zoo when I found a copy of Nancy Friday's My Secret Garden, a collection of women's sexual fantasies (far superior to the Fifty Shades books, IMHO), which had a chapter on zoo. This relic of my mom's sexual awakening (ewww) opened my eyes in many ways. It was probably 30 years ago that I had a brief opportunity to explore my own interest and, while short, it had a profound and lasting impact. I have no done anything since due mostly to lack of opportunity and the fact that the sexual closet of this suburban "soccer dad" is already filled with more than enough skeletons.

THOUGHTS

Please forgive the arrogance of a newbie, but I was surprised by my own reaction to the posts I've read over the last few days. I was struck by how thoughtful people's reactions and comments were generally. If I had to use a single word to describe my overall sense of this community is would be "RESPECT." Let me explain:

RESPECT FOR ANIMALS: I have never seen such a knowledgeable, caring group of people, devoted to the physical and emotional well-being of their animal partners. People here literally could give seminars taken care of our pets' genitalia to veterinarians. But, far beyond that, there is a general concern for and understanding of the highly evolved emotional and mental states of animals. People here seem to understand that instinct is far more complex than merely chasing the garbage truck. In fact, perhaps we are the ones who are not complex enough because we simply dismiss complex behaviors we do not understand as instinct. People here do not share that willingness to just ignore the way a dog sniffs our crotches as some thoughtless intrusion. People here understand that our bodies often communicate with animals without our understanding.

RESPECT FOR PEOPLE: While social media has blessed us all with hair trigger sensitivity and the means of unload emotional bullets at a rate faster than a machine gun, my sense here was that people understand that due to complexities we do not understand, some of us share an interest in zoo. Those interests are not amoral or deviant -- they just "are." Through sharing our common interests and history maybe we better understand each other.

RESPECT FOR NATURE: This perception struck me most. Whether the product of centuries of industrial development or just the innate arrogance of humans' view of their places on the animal hierarchy, most of us have lost touch with nature and see it as something we exercise control over, and not part of. Whether you see nature as the creation of a divine power or the process of evolution, people here seem to better understand that we were intended to fit into nature, not control it. People here seem to understand that centuries of dousing ourselves with man-made perfumes has robbed us of our real sense of smell -- the ability to perceive subtleties of our environment through smell. We cannot pick up on each other's pheromones or even truly understand when our own scents try to tell us we are excited, attracted or even when we are unwell. I have been awed by the depth of understanding that many here show regarding human-animal coupling. Think about it. All of the engineers at Harvard or MIT could not design a system to replicate the complexity of a canine male -- the effect of cues involving all senses to trigger the penis to release from a protective sheath, which then self-lubricates and engorges to fill the required space and hold itself in place. Amazing.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

Absolutely nothing. Given the state of the world and the near extinction of empathy in all social media, I do not expect to see anyone advocating for the rights of zoo. I doubt we will see LGBTQ...Z any time soon.

I apologize again for rambling on. I have not earned my merit badge in zoo and do not know if the opportunity will ever present itself. That said, I felt compelled to acknowledge the extraordinary nature of the people here in this misunderstood community. Thanks for making this dumb guy a bit smarter...

This is an awesome place and for the most part everyone here is respectful of others and of animals and nature.

No apologies needed IMHO. You really nailed the essence of the people here (at least the majority of them). This is an awesome group of people and I am glad to see someone (a Newbie, go figure) spend the time to look around and acknowledge what a great group this is. Well put!!!

to be honest, it's kinda nice to see something different as a first post from a "fresh arrival" than the usual "what dog has the biggest cock?" "what does XY taste like" or "looking for someone with an animal" or whatever. welcome.

ps: i hope there never is a LGBTWTFBBQETCETC....Z. let them just do their own thing. our "fight" and their "fight" are not really similar.

Maybe I've been looking too much into the Dumpster Fire and contact sections, but my impression is different from @Smokin5150's. People here aren't more respectful or thoughtful than people on other well-managed forums. Sure, people who engage in sex with animals know more about their anatomy and behavior than most who don't. But that isn't surprising. Maybe there's a tiny higher amount of people with respect for nature here than in general, but not much, and I doubt that there is more here than among people who have a non-sexual interest in animals.

Of course, there are very intelligent, knowledgeable, respectful, helpful, caring, kind ... people at Zooville. But you can also find those outside Zooville.

We are quite normal.

Glad to hear you have a positive outlook on us here. It is mostly nice here. The dump gets hairy and burns hot however most get the idea the shit talk is only for that section.
I’m also kind of in your boots in the experience range. I’m only 28 and been active for around 10 years. However once I did start engaging with the orientation I had stoped and looked at the picture all together. I started with what I see as boundaries, DOs and DONTs and what’s right and what’s wrong when you take part.
It really helps in the long term if you whip your own ass into shape on the rules of engagement. It helps keep you well rounded, respectful and respected by others here. Biggest benefit of that is trust and understanding of one another is much more achievable down the road.
It all makes you well rounded for the group and keeps you from being one of the turds that get busted doing some foul shit you see in the paper or on any number of news networks. That IS NOT good for us.

Glad to hear you have a positive outlook on us here. It is mostly nice here. The dump gets hairy and burns hot however most get the idea the shit talk is only for that section.
I’m also kind of in your boots in the experience range. I’m only 28 and been active for around 10 years. However once I did start engaging with the orientation I had stoped and looked at the picture all together. I started with what I see as boundaries, DOs and DONTs and what’s right and what’s wrong when you take part.
It really helps in the long term if you whip your own ass into shape on the rules of engagement. It helps keep you well rounded, respectful and respected by others here. Biggest benefit of that is trust and understanding of one another is much more achievable down the road.
It all makes you well rounded for the group and keeps you from being one of the turds that get busted doing some foul shit you see in the paper or on any number of news networks. That IS NOT good for us.
I smell grunt-speak!

I love the smell of Grunt-speak in the morning, smells like....

Victory

I smell grunt-speak!

I love the smell of Grunt-speak in the morning, smells like....

Victory
Keeps you hard!!
Not like them softer then a sneaker full of puppy shit nits out there. But seriously, foundation first.
Otherwise all have to do is pull a nail to bring your house down. And boi do I like a good trash burn!

And y'know, with a few exceptions, it amazes me how (comparatively) civil things stay even in the DF. While there are those who "get seriously ugly" (not excepting myself on occasion) for the most part, it's pretty clear from a "50000 foot overview" that the flamethrowers are mostly kept dialed down to somewhere between "medium-dark toast" and "medium rare", rather than being routinely set on full "char-broil".

And y'know, with a few exceptions, it amazes me how (comparatively) civil things stay even in the DF. While there are those who "get seriously ugly" (not excepting myself on occasion) for the most part, it's pretty clear from a "50000 foot overview" that the flamethrowers are mostly kept dialed down to somewhere between "medium-dark toast" and "medium rare", rather than being routinely set on full "char-broil".
Depends who the nozzel is aimed at ;)

Char for the bodies. Hot and fast for black and blue steaks. Yes, most definitely what the doctor ordered.

No need to apologise. As others said before me, it's a nice change from the more common first posts that appear here. Also I don't think it's needed to speak of 'merit badges' to earn. It's not the quantity but the quality of posts that counts in my opinion.

That all said, I think over time you'll notice that - apart from their love / sexual / erotic interests - zoosexuals aren't that much different from non-zoosexual people. You have good people, bad people, introvert, extrovert, people who want to improve the world, people who only feel better by burning down others.... it's all in the mix.

Back