Treat Recipes?

Silvervine

Citizen of Zooville
I've been trying to make some different ones for my dog, partly because it can minimize costs elsewhere and partly because I like controlling what my dog eats. It's annoying to wade through a mess of recipes online, buried under ads, irrelevant stories, and the dreaded "vegan option". Could be cool to share treats for other animals, just maybe mention? I'll start.

Tuna Fudge
Good for Cats or Dogs, or any Carnivores really.
  • 6 oz. tuna. Do not drain.
  • 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour (Unbleached is better)
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
Blend all the ingredients together, then spread in a 9x9 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees farenheit for 20 minutes. You can refrigerate it for up to three days, but if cut into smaller squares it makes a perfect training treat for dogs. Alternatively, you can add 1 tsp of garlic powder to the recipe, as some people find garlic helps repel fleas.

I make my own jerky for my boy so I don’t have to pay so much for expensive label treats. All it is is salt and whatever meat you want to give followed by all day in the dehydrater

I make my own jerky for my boy so I don’t have to pay so much for expensive label treats. All it is is salt and whatever meat you want to give followed by all day in the dehydrater
Yes! I just got a dehydrator. I was going to avoid the salt for fear it would up pup's sodium levels, but otherwise I'm going for chicken since it's inexpensive enough.

There are many things out there that might work for you...here are a few that work for us....1- chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces....cooked or raw....2- beef for a roast cut into bite size pieces...cooked or raw....3 hand full of spinach and a hand full of carrots, teaspoon of ground egg shells, a little coconut oil, a little fish oil, blend in blender or food processor, combine with 1 pound of meat and form into small meatloafs or meatballs....350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.....let cool....then serve plan or maybe a little honey on top.....other snacks we give on a regular basis are raw baby back ribs, spareribs or beef ribs...I cut them into pieces that normally have 2 or 3 bones....raw chicken thigh.....raw chicken leg....he loves all those.....some might work for ya, good luck 😁

Back