The beer thread

Gunslinger1X

Esteemed Citizen of ZV
Having traveled the world 3 times over in my career, I quickly determined that American beer is pretty lame.
What's everyone's favorite beer, and which country is it from?

Sorry to rain the parade but i cant stand beer! I much prefer cider and beer if i'm not drinking spirits....good Kentucky Bourbon takes the place there...or a fruity cocktail.

I do suspect its because American beer just isn't that good...waiting for the opportunity to try a proper Guinness in Ireland, experience Oktoberfest in Bavaria, and a vacation in Prauge since i hear the Czech have good beer

Sorry to rain the parade but i cant stand beer! I much prefer cider and beer if i'm not drinking spirits....good Kentucky Bourbon takes the place there...or a fruity cocktail.

I do suspect its because American beer just isn't that good...waiting for the opportunity to try a proper Guinness in Ireland, experience Oktoberfest in Bavaria, and a vacation in Prauge since i hear the Czech have good beer
Had Guinness several times overseas from the tap.
Better than the bottles but still too bitter for my tastes.
Not to mention waiting for it to settle in the glass was a process in itself

Had Guinness several times overseas from the tap.
Better than the bottles but still too bitter for my tastes.
Not to mention waiting for it to settle in the glass was a process in itself
I've only had bottles in the US, but plenty of UK based friends say that the bottles, and even the taps in the US are much worse...hoping to visit an irish pub when i can

I've only had bottles in the US, but plenty of UK based friends say that the bottles, and even the taps in the US are much worse...hoping to visit an irish pub when i can
Guinness dont travel well im irish i hate irish pubs abroad to expensive compared to local pubs

I'm not much of a beer drinker either, but I have tried a pretty good amount of both American and domestic beer. German beer wasn't bad, but typically if I do get in one of those "beer drinking" moods I'll go for something like Budweiser. The Mountain Dew beer I had wasn't bad either. The only beer I've tried and didn't like at all is pretty much all 4 of the IPAs I've sampled.

Generally much prefer hard liquor such as Rum, Vodka, Gin, and sometimes Brandy. I'm not a huge fan of tequila and whisky. Tequila because of the taste and whisky because it always gives me a terrible hangover, even if I don't drink a lot of it. With hard liquor I mix it with soda or juice, usually 1 part liquor, 2 to 2.5 parts juice/soda. It makes for a relatively strong but still tasty drink.

I'm not much of a beer drinker either, but I have tried a pretty good amount of both American and domestic beer. German beer wasn't bad, but typically if I do get in one of those "beer drinking" moods I'll go for something like Budweiser. The Mountain Dew beer I had wasn't bad either. The only beer I've tried and didn't like at all is pretty much all 4 of the IPAs I've sampled.

Generally much prefer hard liquor such as Rum, Vodka, Gin, and sometimes Brandy. I'm not a huge fan of tequila and whisky. Tequila because of the taste and whisky because it always gives me a terrible hangover, even if I don't drink a lot of it. With hard liquor I mix it with soda or juice, usually 1 part liquor, 2 to 2.5 parts juice/soda. It makes for a relatively strong but still tasty drink.
Calling Budweiser beer is like blasphemy my friend ;)

As for liquor, my go-to is BUMBU rum. The only rum I actually like straight up over ice

Since I've already given my city away, I'm a sucker for a local brand, Rearview by Overflow Brewery

It depends. There’s people who like to pay for expensive beer just for the good taste, or the other people who go for cheap (bum) beer that tastes like complete piss but it gets you wrecked with 2 or 3 24.oz cans. I pay based on the % of alcohol and not the taste. The stronger and cheaper the better.

Sam Adams makes some great brews. But I'd probably go with guinness as my favorite simply just because I love the taste especially when its warm.

It depends. There’s people who like to pay for expensive beer just for the good taste, or the other people who go for cheap (bum) beer that tastes like complete piss but it gets you wrecked with 2 or 3 24.oz cans. I pay based on the % of alcohol and not the taste. The stronger and cheaper the better.
You should try foreign beer from South Korea and Perú. It's good stuff.

Gotta come to the Portland area! Great beer here.

Dead guy and batsquach from Rouge
Full sail’s Amber Ale
Hop Valley’s stash panda

Could go on and on!

History Lesson - Apparently Fucking is no more? :)

Attachments

• A new beer.pdf
    224.1 KB · Views: 11
Back