Sour cream eggs

808zoo

Citizen of Zooville
7BEE958D-5D68-4D58-8ADD-A3ABEF0023B0.jpegLike the title says, I’m introducing ZV to eggs as a food item today. For this plate I used two eggs, whipped in a food processor with a pat of butter, a dollop of sour cream (read about that somewhere), and cooked at low heat with constant stirring. I am a firm believer in not adding salt or spices until after an egg is cooked. After cooking, I plated the eggs and put a sprinkle of coarse salt and freshly ground pepper on top.

The sour cream made the eggs have too much water for proper cooking, which is an issue that frustrates me. I generally never add liquids to my scrambled eggs and will only do so when making a quiche or frittata or an omelet. I wanted to try this sour cream technique but it’s a no from me.

Freshly ground pepper along with the coarse salt added a “crunchy” factor to something that should have been a smooth and buttery egg. 0/10

Going forward, I will continue to not add liquid to my eggs unless it’s one of those other listed dishes. I will be switching to table salt for adding at the end, and if pepper is used it will no longer be the freshly ground, but rather the preground stuff.

All in all, this was a horrible late night snack. Feel free to roast me in the comments.

Also, do we have a food forum? I feel weird posting this here but I’m bored and it’s all written out already.

Looks okay. But a bit dry, no steaks, no vegetables, no stuffing filler.
Good thing: the protein ratio is almost perfect (aside the butter and sour cream).

If you ever cook 7-10 eggs at once, remove 3-4 of the egg yellows for a nearly perfect ratio. But on "just" two eggs the fat and further ingredients of the egg yellow are no nuisance.

Back