Sooooo... How did ya'll find your partner?

Mr.Misc

Tourist
Trying to find a zoo partner is much different than finding a human partner. Personally, I think it would be weird (as an example) to rear a puppy with the expectation that they will someday become your partner, it seems like their autonomy is subverted by an expectation that is set for them. However, humans tend to live much longer than zoo partners. So it makes sense that you might meet a zoo partner early in their life, and be with them for the duration of their whole life. So my question is, how did you guys meet your partners? How did your relationship start, or where?

Used to be my neighbours dog, I used to dogsit for them (didn't do anything sexual with the dog at that time, don't worry). They moved and couldn't take him with them so they asked if I wanted to adopt him since he already knew me.
I don't get how people would just get rid of their dog because they're moving, I see so many of those online :confused:

Trying to find a zoo partner is much different than finding a human partner. Personally, I think it would be weird (as an example) to rear a puppy with the expectation that they will someday become your partner, it seems like their autonomy is subverted by an expectation that is set for them. However, humans tend to live much longer than zoo partners. So it makes sense that you might meet a zoo partner early in their life, and be with them for the duration of their whole life. So my question is, how did you guys meet your partners? How did your relationship start, or where?

I don't find it weird, when they are puppies we enjoy them being puppies and explore the world and learn. If when they grow up they're interested in more, we explore that, but it's not an expectation...though it is a hope. Some dogs just aren't interested in that and that is A-OK too.

I like a well trained dog so most of my dogs come to me as puppies, but occasionally I'll run into an adult who's exceptional and catches my attention. I try to treat my dogs well and give them interesting lives with meaning so when they become adults they usually make their desires known and we proceed from there.

I don't find it weird, when they are puppies we enjoy them being puppies and explore the world and learn. If when they grow up they're interested in more, we explore that, but it's not an expectation...though it is a hope. Some dogs just aren't interested in that and that is A-OK too.

I like a well trained dog so most of my dogs come to me as puppies, but occasionally I'll run into an adult who's exceptional and catches my attention. I try to treat my dogs well and give them interesting lives with meaning so when they become adults they usually make their desires known and we proceed from there.
Well said.

I prefer puppies myself because I've had some less than stellar results with dogs that came to me as adults over the years. To be clear, I'm not talking about anything sexual but about unwanted behaviors and such. Some worse than others. It's VERY difficult to uncondition some behaviors, and that's even more true for abused or mistreated dogs and with age, only gets more true.

Rescued my pup from a troubled relationship where the guy was always screaming at the puppy when he was still actually a puppy and raised him ever since :)

No exciting story. There were always dogs in my family, and he was just another dog bought as a puppy from a breeder. But for me it was my first dog that I was given fully to take care of, and there was something special about him and us from the beginning

I first saw my boy the morning after he greeted the world, although it would be many months till he ended up with me full time, but he was totally awesome and a super friendly fellow right from the start, and I was so honoured he wanted to share his love with me, for the next 14 years. Even if there hadn't been all that amazing sex involved, he was my happy thought that made getting up in the morning worth doing. The puppy years were really special too, and I say years as he acted like a pup well into adulthood.

Getting an adult dog can be rewarding too, but pups just have a spark and energy for life that is infectious and you just can't stay sad with a pup around. Although the pup at work who climbs on my head and shoulders while I'm sitting down trying to fill out my hours at the end of my work day, is possibly a little to exuberant. :gsd_wink:

In this case they couldn't do much about it, guy got fired so he had to move for his new job, tried for ages but couldn't find a place near his new job that allowed for dogs. His old owners do still come to visit him every now and then.
It's always sad when someone is forced into giving up their dog in such circumstances, but at least they got a good home with you. Sometimes I think land lords have it backwards they should rent the place to the dog and say no humans allowed. Or at least that was how I felt when I gave someone the chance to rent a room in the house I was renting who was having trouble finding a place that would accept a big dog. The dog was great, the human turned out to be a complete idiot who kept breaking my stuff.

Nothing wrong with that. I just found it weird to be the role of parent, guardian, and partner throughout their lives.

Well said.

I prefer puppies myself because I've had some less than stellar results with dogs that came to me as adults over the years. To be clear, I'm not talking about anything sexual but about unwanted behaviors and such. Some worse than others. It's VERY difficult to uncondition some behaviors, and that's even more true for abused or mistreated dogs and with age, only gets more true.

Exactly, if one is planning on spending the next decade plus with a dog it makes sense to get one that's the best match. I expect a lot out of my dogs so I like to improve the odds by screening the parents, etc.

Nothing wrong with that. I just found it weird to be the role of parent, guardian, and partner throughout their lives.

I am a partner and guardian throughout their lives; sometimes they are lovers too, but I am never a parent. I cannot imagine giving up the most productive periods for learning.

No exciting story. There were always dogs in my family, and he was just another dog bought as a puppy from a breeder. But for me it was my first dog that I was given fully to take care of, and there was something special about him and us from the beginning
So romantic :) How long time ago?

Bought my first as a pup. While I did have a hope it would grow into physical, I was ready to accept whatever lay ahead. That turned into a halfway in between, as far as physical goes. He's more a light play boy, he doesn't mount people, but we have our ways.

My female was a rescue, rescue rescue, not rehome. Needless to say we had work to do before sex was even an option, first I had to asses and let her heal from her injuries, then break thru and make her realize people aren't ALL monsters. The first heat she had with me several months later, which would have been her second/third total, she started flagging me, now she doesn't care whether she's in heat or not, if she wants it, she wants it. (except right now, which has to wait until she births and recovers)

Recently, online ads. Before that, a reputable breeder. Before that, I had lots of dogs and plenty of other animals on the farm to choose from.

I originally got my dog in hopes I could train him as an emotional support animal, but as he’s getting older I’ve been sort of experimenting with him and he seems to enjoy licking me and being jerked off. I haven’t gotten him to do much more than that, though

My current male shepherd partner was being given away on Craiglslist in the area where I worked. Made an inquiry phone call and then visited on my day off. That home and family were not at all suited for a dog like him and they even admitted he was simply too high energy for them to handle. I explained my living arrangement and the tremendous amount of exercise space he would get living with us. They looked so relieved to hear that and were very comfortable letting me have him. He was quite affectionate and liked me on site. The shepherd then went back home with my husband and I that day. He is still with us 15 years later. Not near as bouncy and high energy as his younger years, but he is still our treasured and loved boy.

Last edited:
I got my girl a few weeks after she was born from some friends of my parents at our church. She changed my life completely for the better.

My current male shepherd partner was being given away on Craiglslist in the area where I worked. Made an inquiry phone call and then visited on my day off. That home and family were not at all suited for a dog like him and they even admitted he was simply to high energy for them to handle. I explained my living arrangement and the tremendous amount of exercise space he would get living with us. They looked so relieved to hear that and were very comfortable letting me have him. He was quite affectionate and liked me on site. The shepherd then went back home with my husband and I that day. He is still with us 15 years later. Not near as bouncy and high energy as his younger years, but he still our treasured and loved boy.
So happy 2 C more good people here. Thank you 4 giving him a good home. I'm sure he gets lots of "love".

So happy 2 C more good people here. Thank you 4 giving him a good home. I'm sure he gets lots of "love".
He really does. He is the first larger dog my husband has ever shared a house with and both recently cuddle together so much. Husband is dealing with a lot of medically related shit that wears him out so much. Our shepherd is more than happy to be there for support at home.

You don't chose thay do it's there choice some are not into it some are there all different in there own way just as we are Were did I meet mine she was dumped in a box at the side of the road and hear her whimpering from box so opened box and fell in love the moment I seen her. I named her fudge I didn't see her as a sexual partner at all at first until that day she just was finishing season she was about 2 years old at this point and just randomly started humping my leg witch sort of turned me on but just brushed it off as she was still quite young and didn't know what to think at the time but that all changed about two weeks later when I was at my uncles looking after his bitch call queeny she was an older bitch and she also just started to hump me randomly wile I was on sofa I tryed pushing her off at first but you try telling a horny boxer no so I just let her hump me for a bit then that's when it happened I got so hard that I had to relive myself so just started masturbating then she started to lick my dick it felt so good so let her continue I never came so hard in my life all over her face about 2 years later was my first experience with fudge I come home and went up to my room and there she was layed spread eagle on her back on my bed I had been playing with her for a while now only fingers as didn't want to force her strate into full sexual activity as was quite new to me and her but she decided she wanted more as I was fingering her I started to get hard she decided to jump off the bed so I got on floor with her she was spinning like mad when I did. Then stoped and pushed her rear end towards me and put her tail to the side at this point I wasn't to sure if she could have full penetration. So just started slow at first just tip and wiggling up and down over her vulva then it happen she pushed back and I was nearly half way in so at this point I grabbed her hips and started thrusting getting a little deeper every time it felt so fantastic sometime my dick would fall out but she would just lick my dick and spin and offer herself to me every time she stopped spinning after about 15 minutes of this I came inside her and then cum dripped out onto floor I showed her and she laped it up and then cleaned my dick too I had many grate time with her but sadly lost her to old age at about 15 years old I do miss her so

You don't chose thay do it's there choice some are not into it some are there all different in there own way just as we are Were did I meet mine she was dumped in a box at the side of the road and hear her whimpering from box so opened box and fell in love the moment I seen her. I named her fudge I didn't see her as a sexual partner at all at first until that day she just was finishing season she was about 2 years old at this point and just randomly started humping my leg witch sort of turned me on but just brushed it off as she was still quite young and didn't know what to think at the time but that all changed about two weeks later when I was at my uncles looking after his bitch call queeny she was an older bitch and she also just started to hump me randomly wile I was on sofa I tryed pushing her off at first but you try telling a horny boxer no so I just let her hump me for a bit then that's when it happened I got so hard that I had to relive myself so just started masturbating then she started to lick my dick it felt so good so let her continue I never came so hard in my life all over her face about 2 years later was my first experience with fudge I come home and went up to my room and there she was layed spread eagle on her back on my bed I had been playing with her for a while now only fingers as didn't want to force her strate into full sexual activity as was quite new to me and her but she decided she wanted more as I was fingering her I started to get hard she decided to jump off the bed so I got on floor with her she was spinning like mad when I did. Then stoped and pushed her rear end towards me and put her tail to the side at this point I wasn't to sure if she could have full penetration. So just started slow at first just tip and wiggling up and down over her vulva then it happen she pushed back and I was nearly half way in so at this point I grabbed her hips and started thrusting getting a little deeper every time it felt so fantastic sometime my dick would fall out but she would just lick my dick and spin and offer herself to me every time she stopped spinning after about 15 minutes of this I came inside her and then cum dripped out onto floor I showed her and she laped it up and then cleaned my dick too I had many grate time with her but sadly lost her to old age at about 15 years old I do miss her so
Ok for real dude

Paragraphs, period, commas.....

Thanks

Back