So my partner found out today…

getdogged

Lurker
My partner found out I’m Zoo today, and while I was expecting an explosive reaction he has been…sympathetic? He doesn’t want to encourage it, but he does seem to understand how I feel. I’m trying to explain things to him in a way that maybe he could come around but I’m feeling so embarrassed. I just wasn’t planning on telling him yet. He is supposed to be buying me a dog this winter.

Don't push it too hard. Sounds like you're lucky in that at least there seems to be some understanding of the situation. Many people on this site have not been that lucky and have had relationships end as a result. In our opinion, best thing is to, like all difficult conversations, ask him if he wants to talk about it when he's ready, answer any questions openly and honestly. If he's your special one then it will work out. Good luck.

I hope you guys figure this out. Give him some time to proces his feelings about it and who knows, perhaps his curiosity will kick in and he will try to learn more about the lifestyle.

My partner found out I’m Zoo today, and while I was expecting an explosive reaction he has been…sympathetic? He doesn’t want to encourage it, but he does seem to understand how I feel. I’m trying to explain things to him in a way that maybe he could come around but I’m feeling so embarrassed. I just wasn’t planning on telling him yet. He is supposed to be buying me a dog this winter.
Hope things work out well! Neutral reaction is better than… y’know. Good Luck!

Let it take time, don't push the subject.
With a neutral reaction things might develop where you can persue certain activities without hiding it, but who knows?
Hope that it works out for you either way it goes.

We have a few drunken sessions, I have suspicions she's doing a lot more when I'm not home

Back