So I'm getting my first dog tommorow

Hey guys. I've decided to get a dog. It's being brought to me tommorow. Shes 4 y.o., and she's had 4 litters. I'm wondering if that's good. Or if she's being used at a puppy mill
I can give her a good home. But I wanna know what signs should I look for good and bad. I wanna check if she's crazy or been abused, but I also wanna see if she'd be a good mate. How should I check for fleas without looking weird? When my cat got fleas, they were under her tail so I wanna check the bitch there. Should I not do that in front of the owner when he comes?
Also, kinda curious which lube is good. I know there's a section here but I'm gonna read it after I post this. Also, how can I tell if the bitch is in heat. Since her tits are so big I'm kinda worried. That is be embarrassed in front of my neighbors when I take her out

4 is at least 1 too many even if they were spaced properly, but unless you were trying to breed her is doesn't matter. Just check her mannerisms, that she looks healthy, that she has energy, and that normal actions on your part don't make her jump away or get defensive. I wouldn't worry about the fleas, you can take care of those later, but I don't imagine a quick check of her rear end is going to raise any suspicion. She'll bleed when she's in heat and her vagina will engorge, it's obvious. The neighbors will not notice anything odd or sexual about her breasts, you'd just say she was rescued from a puppy farm and over bred. Good luck!

Back