smell of ears, paws & maw

runkhorn

Tourist
Is it just me or is there a distinct smell to your dog's ears that is highly enjoyable and calming?
What about paws? I swear clean german shepherd paws smell different than my staffordshire terrier's paws
And I think my first super zoo-y thing I ever did was make out with a dog because dog breath.
Any body else like the smell of dog breath? How much do other zoos like kissing dogs?

I think dog ears smell wonderful, also the top of their heads. Their paws can have a nice scent provided they haven't stepped in something nasty.

Ok cool I'm not the only one that thinks dog paws smell amazing. It's calming, exactly. I thought it was weird because I don't have a thing for paws like some people do. I've heard that dogs sweat through their paws, maybe that has something to do with it?

I do like the general scent of my two doggy girls, but I can't say that I like the smell of those particular body parts more than my girl's scents as a whole. But I do know that a dog's face and paws have sweat glands, so they'll have their own unique scent. (it's also why some dogs love rubbing their face on you. It's a way for a dog to signal to other dogs that this human is theirs.)

I like to make out with my Newfie because, well... 1) It's hawt. But 2) Because she rather enjoys doing it. But if I skip her tooth brushing I find her breath to be quite terrible. Nothing like the smell of dog food and mouth flora, yeah... not my thing.

there are definitely dogs i've met that have had breath that was a bad stink. lol to say some dogs love it is an understatement! the cutest thing ever is sometimes sitting on the bed, he'll put his paws on my shoulders and push me down. my boy will lay on my chest and hold me down while he kisses me. I love him so much.

definitely not doo-doo paws.
is the scent glands dogs scratch the ground for the same as the sweat glands mentioned?
coincidentally? i like the smell of some humans sweat. I dont have any thing for paws except the smell of GSD paws. someone else has to know what im talking about. theyre different than any other paw i've smelled. my old GSD paws smelled just like my friend's yearling. maybe its just a nostalgia thing for me.

Back