Sex after spay?

Fire Metal

Zooville Settler
I have a girl who got pyometra and had to have an emergency spay. Shes over 5 years old and weve been active for a few years together. She was the opposite of what i hear most are like in that she got too tight in heat, and was perfect sized out of heat.

Is it still likely that we'll get to play when shes recovered? How much is removed during a spay and is it even still possible to have sex? Also, how long is a safe time to wait?

Is it still likely that we'll get to play when shes recovered?
Pretty likely, from what you describe.
How much is removed during a spay and is it even still possible to have sex?
Depends on the vet's SOP, I'm blessed to live in a country where the "long spay" (everything past and including the cervix is removed) is the more common one.
Also, how long is a safe time to wait?
3 weeks if you don't bottom out. If you do, I'd advise against anything that would allow you to hit the scar tissue.

I just recently had to do that with my girl as well and she was the same way in heat. So tight it was rare to fully get into her. She and I went right back to our routine about 4 weeks after as I wanted to give her plenty of time to heal before I went banging her out again. She can't quite take all of me but she tries her best anymore. She still loves being banged like a screen door in a hurricane though.

Back