Self-Respect and Self-Acceptance: These are for real stories. To only help each other.

BetaPackofThree

Zooville Settler
Was about 5-6 years go.
All started when I got his brother, Titus. Titus was about 7 weeks old when we brought him home ❤
A few weeks later, his previous owner, told us of a bro named K.O. from the same litter, that went to an owner who leaves him outside, caged, with dirt and mud at his feet... Just sad. So, couldn't have that and so my husband got him and brought him to our home.

Man, was so little and cute and sweet as ever when he met me at the door. Walked unleashed freely inside our home. Ever since then he's been our Aisland.

It's crazy, that with all other dogs, I loved them very much but as a non-zoo would their pet...
I always felt an underlying admiration and sexual attraction to dogs that would make me not wanna be alone with them. Lol like nervous.
However, with Aisland, it was an imprinting moment. He knew well before I did..
We were attached at the hip from the beginning and sure enough, the puppy years passed and we was becoming more and more infatuated lol
Again, I wasn't as confident a zoo as I am today, I didn't accept his love that was clearly there for ME.
I couldnt see and feel my attractions or be intimate, without getting into my own head and ruining it.
Funny that my husband could see the connection with us, few months of him being with us.

I remember I wanted to play with him on the floor one time on all fours.. Just you know, having him jump on me, lick me etc lol I remember, I felt indifferent, with my husband, see me like that... like I would get embarrassed and stop lol
I would be completely dressed lol bc I felt awkward. (Totally just stupid when I look back on it now.. )
This went on for a while.
Really too-oo-too long. I wasted a lot of time being ashamed and distant with my self and my family, when all the while, my loves were the most loving and loyal.

(If anyone has felt this way or is currently pm me if you ever want to talk. M of F.)

I shared this story because I see alot of the same stories on here. I didn't love myself, didn't even wanna try. And I was miserable.
Life Fail fr.. It is a huge regret in my life..
I wish I had someone like me to tell me a story back then, like mine, real as i gets, to shine a little light in that dark, judging, spot in your mind that I can relate to.
I know that my story is unlike any Ive read on here in a whole, and it may show how exactly stupid I was or am for living through it,
but it is mine. It's a bit of a rough one to share.. As yall can see...

Point is, Im happier then where I was and you can be too...
I wanted to share my story, so there it is. I hope it helps someone who needs it..

Last edited:
I'm glad aisland helped you find yourself. Dont regret fighting your feelings towards dogs, you were just trying to be "normal" because society says it's wrong. Aisland helped you realize there is nothing wrong with love and you feel how you feel, and there is nothing wong with feeling those ways. Maybe you would of never found each other if you accepted your self in the past, things happen as they should, just enjoy the ride and appreciate that you can experience the love and connection we can have with k9s.

We are wired this way.
This society is geared to shame-into-compliance whatever the whim of the moment is and will shame you for something. And todays shame and acceptance is tomorrows acceptance and shame. It never ends.
That person in the mirror - THAT is the only one we need respect from. They are the ONLY one we need to have unconditional love and forgiveness for.
Comparisons with others and conscience of outdated (or plain not applicable) moral constructs are toxic little manipulators trying to destroy us from within. They only have power over us if we allow them to.
We cannot control society, nor their laws. But we have 100% control over ourselves, our own minds, our own feelings.
Treat ourselves like you would a best friend, a partner you love and not as an afterthought.

Thank you for sharing your story! I am still on the way to accept this new trait of myself. If anyone has words of comfort or tips, please share them! It will make someone very happy.

I kinda feel bad about this every day ;-;
I'm curious why you would feel bad.

I'm curious why you would feel bad.

I feel bad because I know that I am more hated for being sexually and romantically attracted to animals than for hurting them. Being labeled as depraved and disgusting hurts. Knowing that you will never be able to express publicly your true emotions for your furry friend without being judged hurts a lot too.

Nobody wants to understand both sides of the coin because it is exhaustive. Nowadays, and always, it was necessary to choose a side no matter how much you didn't want to. And those who are too lazy to understand the two sides of the coin, will end up choosing what the majority thinks, no matter how much in the end he understands and wants to be on our side.

I feel bad because I know that I am more hated for being sexually and romantically attracted to animals than for hurting them. Being labeled as depraved and disgusting hurts. Knowing that you will never be able to express publicly your true emotions for your furry friend without being judged hurts a lot too.

Nobody wants to understand both sides of the coin because it is exhaustive. Nowadays, and always, it was necessary to choose a side no matter how much you didn't want to. And those who are too lazy to understand the two sides of the coin, will end up choosing what the majority thinks, no matter how much in the end he understands and wants to be on our side.
I understand what you're saying, but there are a couple other things you should consider. I firmly believe that people who scream the most about something are usually not as disgusted as you might think. There are a lot more people that are thinking about it or doing it than you might think. It's no different than the homosexual movement, it will take time for people to accept.
That being said however, to heck with what anyone else thinks. The nice thing about a forum like this one, is we can talk about our desires and experiences without judgement. Whether we have a lover or just an opportunity to make love to our furry friends; it's nobody else's business.

Was about 5-6 years go.
All started when I got his brother, Titus. Titus was about 7 weeks old when we brought him home ❤
A few weeks later, his previous owner, told us of a bro named K.O. from the same litter, that went to an owner who leaves him outside, caged, with dirt and mud at his feet... Just sad. So, couldn't have that and so my husband got him and brought him to our home.

Man, was so little and cute and sweet as ever when he met me at the door. Walked unleashed freely inside our home. Ever since then he's been our Aisland.

It's crazy, that with all other dogs, I loved them very much but as a non-zoo would their pet...
I always felt an underlying admiration and sexual attraction to dogs that would make me not wanna be alone with them. Lol like nervous.
However, with Aisland, it was an imprinting moment. He knew well before I did..
We were attached at the hip from the beginning and sure enough, the puppy years passed and we was becoming more and more infatuated lol
Again, I wasn't as confident a zoo as I am today, I didn't accept his love that was clearly there for ME.
I couldnt see and feel my attractions or be intimate, without getting into my own head and ruining it.
Funny that my husband could see the connection with us, few months of him being with us.

I remember I wanted to play with him on the floor one time on all fours.. Just you know, having him jump on me, lick me etc lol I remember, I felt indifferent, with my husband, see me like that... like I would get embarrassed and stop lol
I would be completely dressed lol bc I felt awkward. (Totally just stupid when I look back on it now.. )
This went on for a while.
Really too-oo-too long. I wasted a lot of time being ashamed and distant with my self and my family, when all the while, my loves were the most loving and loyal.

(If anyone has felt this way or is currently pm me if you ever want to talk. M of F.)

I shared this story because I see alot of the same stories on here. I didn't love myself, didn't even wanna try. And I was miserable.
Life Fail fr.. It is a huge regret in my life..
I wish I had someone like me to tell me a story back then, like mine, real as i gets, to shine a little light in that dark, judging, spot in your mind that I can relate to.
I know that my story is unlike any Ive read on here in a whole, and it may show how exactly stupid I was or am for living through it,
but it is mine. It's a bit of a rough one to share.. As yall can see...

Point is, Im happier then where I was and you can be too...
I wanted to share my story, so there it is. I hope it helps someone who needs it..
Beautiful story! <3

We are wired this way.
This society is geared to shame-into-compliance whatever the whim of the moment is and will shame you for something. And todays shame and acceptance is tomorrows acceptance and shame. It never ends.
That person in the mirror - THAT is the only one we need respect from. They are the ONLY one we need to have unconditional love and forgiveness for.
Comparisons with others and conscience of outdated (or plain not applicable) moral constructs are toxic little manipulators trying to destroy us from within. They only have power over us if we allow them to.
We cannot control society, nor their laws. But we have 100% control over ourselves, our own minds, our own feelings.
Treat ourselves like you would a best friend, a partner you love and not as an afterthought.
Wise words! You are spot on!

Back