Scamming attempts in light of recent security leak.

Spooky

Lurker
Ohaidere y'all.
Hope I'm not putting this in the wrong thread, or anything. But I recently got this lovely e-mail from one or other "hackerman".

Just incase anyone else has been receiving these e-mails:

Do not comply with these people. This is a scam. They have not "hacked" your devices and do not have your information.

As you've probably read, Zooville has had a little security leak where the e-mail aderesses of members got leaked, so all the scammer has to do is send you a threatening e-mail on the aderess tied with your profile, and they know that you're into animals simply because of the nature of this website.
Even if the scammer claims that the e-mail is sent from your own aderess, check it more closely. The senders aderess will differ slightly from your own aderess. It's just an entirely different account made to look like yours.

I hope this little post helps to keep some of you from falling victim to practices like this.

Stay safe out there!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've gotten this exact scam email before the security leak happened, and a friend got one as well. It isn't directly tied to the security leak so anyone who gets this shouldn't become paranoid about it...well beyond it being obviously fake in the first place

It's entertaining at times the efforts these people will go through to fool a person. It takes very little effort to send an email with a bogus From address, I used to do that in the early 90's to torment co-workers with email from batman@bat.cave, santa@north.pole, president@whitehouse.gov, etc.

It's trivial to do, but it really helps sell the lie since most people aren't aware of how it works.

The format of the email is very similar to ones that I see all the time in the spam queue, all sent to the email address harvested from a compromised forum database, often listing the password used to help sell the lie.

haha ya I also got this mail, funny to read.
A bit scaring but I work in a IT enviroment where user data needs to be secured and I dont really believe this mail "i hacked all your devices" bullshit.

Ohaidere y'all.
Hope I'm not putting this in the wrong thread, or anything. But I recently got this lovely e-mail from one or other "hackerman".

View attachment 8088

Just incase anyone else has been receiving these e-mails:

Do not comply with these people. This is a scam. They have not "hacked" your devices and do not have your information.

As you've probably read, Zooville has had a little security leak where the e-mail aderesses of members got leaked, so all the scammer has to do is send you a threatening e-mail on the aderess tied with your profile, and they know that you're into animals simply because of the nature of this website.
Even if the scammer claims that the e-mail is sent from your own aderess, check it more closely. The senders aderess will differ slightly from your own aderess. It's just an entirely different account made to look like yours.

I hope this little post helps to keep some of you from falling victim to practices like this.

Stay safe out there!
You left your e-mail address in the picture Mr Wi... Ko... @L...nl

As you've probably read, Zooville has had a little security leak where the e-mail aderesses....

And IP addresses PM's and what more. Man i'm glad i use a double VPN. This site needs a beaker in the engine room

And IP addresses PM's and what more. Man i'm glad i use a double VPN. This site needs a beaker in the engine room
Not quite. PMs are not very interesting. They got hold of our usernames, encrypted passwords and (if you have been active the week before) your IP address.

Using a VPN is a bit of a Russian Roulette. The site visited does not know who you are but your VPN provider sure does. They keep logs of your activity, or say they don't. Those who say they don't have been subpoena-ed and went belly up, or it had been discovered it is ran by LEA.

If you really want to be safe, use the Tor network to get here. Then you need to take all precautions like disabling scripting etc and then nobody knows you're here. You pay a price, it won't be fast. You can only be stopped when zooville is stopped by exit nodes. You probable see a lot of buzz about Tor and rolled up sites like the illegal markets. Those Onion sites do get LEA attention but need a lot of resources to actually get located and shut down. The software needs to be flawed or the admin makes a mistake which links him.

Anyway, even if petlove is forbidden, you are pretty safe for LEA as long as there are other things like pictures with kids to be hunted. Cought knotted you will get presecuted, so be careful.

...If you really want to be safe, use the Tor network to get here. Then you need to take all precautions like disabling scripting etc and then nobody knows you're here. You pay a price, it won't be fast. You can only be stopped when zooville is stopped by exit nodes...

It's only one extra step to run TOR through a trustworthy VPN via a non five-eyes country. It's good advice and works just fine once you're used to a little extra loading time.

It's only one extra step to run TOR through a trustworthy VPN via a non five-eyes country. It's good advice and works just fine once you're used to a little extra loading time.
Why would you like to do that? Tor is like an onion. The first node knows who you are, but not where you are going. Then there are a few nodes in the middle followed by the Exit Node. The Exit Node knows where you are going but it does not know who you are. If LEA asks for logs they can trace back to the Exit Node and there it stops. Tor is meant to keep your identity a secret. The secret can only be unveiled if you enable scripting in your browser (even a VPN won't help you there) or if you leave personal information relating your virtual identity to your real one.

Why would you like to do that? Tor is like an onion. The first node knows who you are, but not where you are going. Then there are a few nodes in the middle followed by the Exit Node. The Exit Node knows where you are going but it does not know who you are. If LEA asks for logs they can trace back to the Exit Node and there it stops. Tor is meant to keep your identity a secret. The secret can only be unveiled if you enable scripting in your browser (even a VPN won't help you there) or if you leave personal information relating your virtual identity to your real one.
Because of the ongoing abuse of mandatory data retention laws in Australia. The contents of the connection may be anonymous but it will still be clear that a TOR node was the involved. VPNs are common enough to not raise eyebrows

Luckily, I have been using LastPass password manager for the last 4-5 years and I have a different pw for every site or login I use.

Nice to know I'm not the only one getting these lol. Mine was a bit scarier in that it mentioned "animals" in 2 spots. I knew it was complete bogus tho when they said they had accessed my web cam and gotten vids of me doing naughty things lol and they would send them to all my email contacts in 30 hrs if I didn't send them $600. My web cam has had tape over it for the last 5 years .. so yeah, major fail on there part lol. Course I ignored it and surprise, surprise ... nothing happened. Please don't fall for these.

Oh you got that mail too? I didn't even knew I had a webcam.
But they were right about the naughty things I do while I watch my Ostrich stuff :-D

Nice to know I'm not the only one getting these lol. Mine was a bit scarier in that it mentioned "animals" in 2 spots. I knew it was complete bogus tho when they said they had accessed my web cam and gotten vids of me doing naughty things lol and they would send them to all my email contacts in 30 hrs if I didn't send them $600. My web cam has had tape over it for the last 5 years .. so yeah, major fail on there part lol. Course I ignored it and surprise, surprise ... nothing happened. Please don't fall for these.

Can't get scammed by email if you totally forgot your proton email and password

1486460356_768109_1486460432_noticia_normal.jpg

I love how someone requested on an anti-forum, that the old zv database of accounts should be searched for .org and .gov registration email addresses.

Just marvelous to see how the dumb try to hunt the stupid.

Can't get scammed by email if you totally forgot your proton email and password

1486460356_768109_1486460432_noticia_normal.jpg
Izzit just my imagination, or does that fellow look a WHOLE LOT like the younger version of LeVar Burton AKA Young Kunta Kinte from the original "Roots" miniseries, AKA Geordi LaForge on ST:TNG, AKA Host of the old PBS series "Reading Rainbow"?

I have gotten multiple ones saying that they have video of me (I have no cam) masturbating to naughty videos ( they never say what tho) And that if I don't pay, they will send it to all my contacts since they hacked me (bogus) And then they throw in an old password that you used but may not use anymore. I always delete them, and I just got one today as well. Just keep changing your passwords.

Back