Safest lubrication for intercourse?

I am glad you brought this up as it's an article I need to update a little.

• ✅ Astroglide
  • ✅ Nonscented nonflavored nonwarming KY
  • ✅ Sugrilube
  • ✅ JLube
These are generally considered safe. IT MUST BE NON-Petroleum based

DO NOT USE THESE
  • 🛑 Oils
  • 🛑 Greases
  • 🛑 Petroleum Based such as Vaseline
  • 🛑 Spit (May cause infection and isn't a good lubricant)
  • 🛑 Any Non-Water based lube.

You mention oils, how about food-grade almond oil?
No, No Oils

Why would you want to do this when these products are so cheap?

1623663703356.png
1623662596581.png

1623662740726.png
What I will say is that there isn't enough research as to whether or not it's feasible or even safe to use oils for sex in general let alone an animal partner. I would advise against using any food products as lubes as if they go bad while they are inside your partner can cause infection. However, it is thought to be generally safe to use coconut oil if you have to this is the last resort no other oils can be used. It is hard when it's cold and when it warms up it melts and can easily be applied. What I will say is what I said before if for whatever reason the product goes off or spoils it can cause infection. So I would even steer clear of this.

Due to lubes being so cheap and abundant (for Astroglide you can go to Walmart) I don't see why one would try to use an alternative. It's better to do things the right way and safely instead of "hoping for the best" This was a good question nonetheless.

Attachments

• 1623662482449.png
    1623662482449.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Thank you very much for your thoughtful answer.
As to why, I live in a sexless marriage but our darling bitch has needs when in heat, and I try to discreetly provide her some relief manually. Having a bottle of lube at home would give rise to certain questions. I have used spit for lubrication but I hear your advice on avoiding that in future. Almond oil is a great lubrication for humans (but no dildos), so I gathered that was a viable means. I use that myself on my genital area and glans (due to some dry skin) on doctors prescription, so I would guess that to be safe?

As to why, I live in a sexless marriage but our darling bitch has needs when in heat, and I try to discreetly provide her some relief manually. Having a bottle of lube at home would give rise to certain questions. I have used spit for lubrication but I hear your advice on avoiding that in future. Almond oil is a great lubrication for humans (but no dildos), so I gathered that was a viable means. I use that myself on my genital area and glans (due to some dry skin) on doctors prescription, so I would guess that to be safe?
Here's the deal with Almonds. Depending on what oil you are using, bitter almonds contain a lot of cyanide. Notice I said "bitter almonds" regular ones also have cyanide but not as much. Using that may your decision. I can't really tell you like I said not enough research. I won't use it on my girl personally however you should be using lube as it may be damaging if engaged in lubeless. I don't really know what you tell you buddy x.x.

From what I read it should be fine? Lube is always going to be the best though. Don't really have any advice with regards to relationships of human nature however my girl a doggo and I love each other very much and are happy together. <3

I prefer cumlube because of the cost. Its waterproof and you can get it quite cheap if you order in bulk. Would be difficult to explain though. Have you looked into olive oil? I am unsure if it is safe for dogs but I have used it for human sex before with no issues

I prefer cumlube because of the cost. Its waterproof and you can get it quite cheap if you order in bulk. Would be difficult to explain though. Have you looked into olive oil? I am unsure if it is safe for dogs but I have used it for human sex before with no issues
This can potentially alter a female's PH-Ballance creating the environment for BV or a yeast infection. So no. \/ Like I said \/
I am glad you brought this up as it's an article I need to update a little.

• ✅ Astroglide
  • ✅ Nonscented nonflavored nonwarming KY
  • ✅ Sugrilube
  • ✅ JLube
These are generally considered safe. IT MUST BE NON-Petroleum based

DO NOT USE THESE
  • 🛑 Oils
  • 🛑 Greases
DO NOT USE THESE
  • 🛑 Oils
  • 🛑 Greases

Reading more on this it looks like that is supposed to be used for external use only. I would be very careful bud and try to get an appropriate product ^_^ <3 Best of luck and cheers.

#1. On the Do Not Use List - OILS

5dcfal.jpg

-Don't Use​
Refined -Don't Use​
-Don't Use​

-Don't Use​

-Don't Use​
Clarified-Don't Use​

-Don't Use​
Expeller press -Don't Use​
Refined -Don't Use​
Unrefined -Don't Use​
Refined -Don't Use​
Refined, dry -Don't Use​
Unrefined, dry expeller pressed, virgin -Don't Use​
-Don't Use​
Unrefined -Don't Use​
Refined, bleached, deodorized -Don't Use​
Unrefined -Don't Use​
Lard
-Don't Use​
Refined -Don't Use​
Virgin -Don't Use​
Extra virgin, low acidity, high quality -Don't Use​
Extra virgin -Don't Use​
Extra virgin -Don't Use​
Difractionated -Don't Use​
Refined -Don't Use​
-Don't Use​
Unrefined -Don't Use​
-Don't Use​
Refined -Don't Use​
Unrefined -Don't Use​
Semirefined -Don't Use​
Refined -Don't Use​
Unrefined -Don't Use​
Semirefined -Don't Use​
-Don't Use​
Neutralized, dewaxed, bleached & deodorized -Don't Use​
Semirefined -Don't Use​
-Don't Use​
Unrefined, first cold-pressed, raw -Don't Use​
Refined -Don't Use​
Unrefined -Don't Use​
-Don't Use​
Vegetable oil blend​
Refined -Don't Use​

As well as any other item that says [NAMEOFOIL] Oil.

So for future questioneers if your question is.

Can I use [NAMEOFOIL] Oil. Then the answer is no!

Water based is the best. I used to get medical grade stuff at my old job but I left there. J lube is good too. Get a gallon pump bottle.

Hey calling all Gurus!

Where does Virgin Olive Oil sit on the "Ok not Ok" spectrum?

It has "oil" in the everlovin' NAME! Which part of "DO NOT USE OILS" isn't clear?

Good christ, how dense does somebody need to be to not be able to grasp the concept that "NO OIL" means ****NO**** ****OIL****???

Here, let's make it crystal clear:

RULE 1: *NO* FORM OF *ANY* TYPE OF OIL NO MATTER WHAT THE SOURCE HAPPENS TO BE IS ACCEPTABLE/SAFE FOR USE AS SEXUAL LUBE ON/IN ANY SPECIES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES

RULE 2: If you have any question as to whether you can use any oil not specifically named here as safe, refer to rule 1.

Any further questions, or does this concept need to be pounded in with a sledgehammer???

It has "oil" in the everlovin' NAME! Which part of "DO NOT USE OILS" isn't clear?

Good christ, how dense does somebody need to be to not be able to grasp the concept that "NO OIL" means ****NO**** ****OIL****???

Here, let's make it crystal clear:

RULE 1: *NO* FORM OF *ANY* TYPE OF OIL NO MATTER WHAT THE SOURCE HAPPENS TO BE IS ACCEPTABLE/SAFE FOR USE AS SEXUAL LUBE ON/IN ANY SPECIES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES

RULE 2: If you have any question as to whether you can use any oil not specifically named here as safe, refer to rule 1.

Any further questions, or does this concept need to be pounded in with a sledgehammer???

Wow someone gets it o.o I thought I was going to have to make an animation next or create animated text (Scrolling or Bouncing). Maybe hire someone on fiver to write and sing a No Oil in the Vaj song. XD In a way it was kind of funny in another way I was like am I teaching people wrong can they not see my answer like is something otherworldly happening XD?

Indeed, you should only be using water based lubes. Preferably purified water based lubes. Astroglide is what I typically use with my doggy girl. Primarily because it's safe, but also because I can run to the pharmacy down the street and pick up a 4 oz. bottle for around $8 and some change. This will typically last me 3-4 weeks. Although if you want bang for your buck J-Lube is the way to go.

It's also funny how @QuantumHusky has stated multiple times in this thread that you do not want to use oil based lubes, PERIOD, and he is 100% correct! You do not want to use oil based lubes with your canine partners whatsoever!

User 1: What kind of lube can I use?

QH: Water based, no oil.

User 2: How about almond oil?

QH: No, no oil.

User 3: How about olive oil?

QH: No oil!

User 4: What about used 5W-30 engine oil out of a 1998 Dodge Stratus???

QH: WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

As to why, I live in a sexless marriage but our darling bitch has needs when in heat, and I try to discreetly provide her some relief manually. Having a bottle of lube at home would give rise to certain questions.

Just pour it in an empty shower gel bottle or whatever container is unsuspicious in your situation. Might be better to desinfect the container with alcohol before.

This is not correct. "Silicone based" lubricants contain silicone oils, they are designed and must be safe for sexual use at least for one species.

DISCLAIMER: There are many different substances called silicone oil, silicone based lube is NOT the silicone oil you find in your tool box.

I always wondered why only water based lubricants should be used with animals, implicating silicone based should be not. Do human and non-human vaginas differ that significantly? There are so many different water based products containing different substances, are they all tested with non-human use while silicone based are not?

While I somewhat feel this thread has become a bit of a flame-war, I would lile to up the question of silicone based lubes. Also, I would probably not use silicone lube with a dog, as she will lick it iff her vulva afterwards. I could ask the same question about water-based lubes, they contain some agent other than water, would that be safe for her to lick off?
So possibly we could add this problem to the mix; how about a dog licking up the lube residues, when is that an issue?
(and stop shouting, people, we're here to help each other)

Silicone oils don't need to be generally harmful when swallowed. Medical silicone based lubes are used for intubation, simeticone / dimeticone based pharmaceuticals are even given to babies to prevent bloating caused by milk foam.

Personally, I don't like silicone based lubes. Even after washing off with soap, they stick to the skin like residues from lubricated condoms (maybe these are silicone based, too). But that doesn't affect my curiosity.

Last edited:
While I somewhat feel this thread has become a bit of a flame-war, I would lile to up the question of silicone based lubes. Also, I would probably not use silicone lube with a dog, as she will lick it iff her vulva afterwards. I could ask the same question about water-based lubes, they contain some agent other than water, would that be safe for her to lick off?
So possibly we could add this problem to the mix; how about a dog licking up the lube residues, when is that an issue?
(and stop shouting, people, we're here to help each other)

Minor and unintentional ingestion of a personal lubricant is unlikely to cause anything beyond mild stomach upset. However, it essential to note that each product differs in its ingredients, and the amount swallowed dictates what, if any, symptoms occur. There is no other animal in the kingdom with the same vagina as humans, so it is difficult to collect specific animal/ lube data.

It appears that silicone-based lubes are safe (for consumption in small amounts or accidental consumption). I am having a hard time finding information regarding use with and for animal-based situations silicone lube in use for sex. The main ingredient in silicone lube is dimethicone, which is non-toxic and is actually used in some food products.

Now with regards to the application in use for ourselves as zoophiles, it seems that there are some complaints such as certain brands are hard to wash off hands or may stain sheets.

What I will say is this. All of the lubes I have found for animal-animal sex regarding impregnation of an artificial variety these lubes are water-based. Also, all the vet lubes I have researched are water-based. Additionally, yes, animals’ vaginas are much different from humans, so it can be hard to choose a proper lube solution.

The Vaginal pH of female dogs in a test was measured once daily, starting from the first day of proestrus when it was noted that pH values “were between 7.4 and 8.7” and the study observes “at the time of vaginal ovulation pH ranged between 6.5 and 6.8.” The January 2019 NIH paper explains that “Canine endometrial and vaginal microbiomes reveal distinct and complex ecosystems,” which are best left undisturbed unless there is actual infection. Thus, the canine uterus is a “complex ecosystem,” but the absence of abnormal or harmful “germs” is likely attributable to the alkaline pH of the canine vagina.

This is in opposition to a human’s vaginal pH, normally between 3.8 and 4.5, which is moderately acidic. However, what constitutes a “normal” pH level can vary slightly based on a female human's stages of life.

So as you can see, it is essential to consider these things when choosing a lube. Sadly, as we are a small group of individuals on the “fringe” of society, there has not been any animal/ human combination lube. However, there should even if it is marketed differently.

I am currently using Sugrilube that is designed to be used with dogs in a veterinary setting. I have used Astroglide in the past with success.

This research does bring further questions, though! In a normal Human-Human Man-Woman situation, it is considered VITAL that the pH is not being messed with by the lube you are using.

1623836254462.png
With this in mind, we need to ask ourselves, is what we are using safe under these circumstances? Messing with pH level can lead to yeast infections, as well as cause vaginal dryness and micro-tears in the vaginal lining. This is certainly an interesting situation, and hopefully, others will know. I bring this up because of the factual statistics shown above where a female dog has a MUCH higher (or more neutral) pH than that of a human. Lubes are geared towards human-human interaction, so that may be something that someone will want to research.

HOWEVER, THERE IS GOOD NEWS

Further research shows that most lube, specifically water-based, is pH neutral. Ironically this is good for us. If it says, vaginal pH matched-this is not something you should use with a dog. If it says pH neutral or doesn’t mention vaginal pH, then the lube is most likely around the 7 pH scale or neutral.

This is for a man that wants to be with a female dog. However, this would be bad for use in a female human as the pH in a pH-neutral lube will possibly cause issues such as bacterial infections or yeast infections.

If you guys would like, I can see what I can find for female human -> male dog as well as female horse-> male human.

In conclusion, a Neutral pH lube is the best to use in the situation where you are with a female K9 lover and need a lube to use as a male human because the lube is best matched to the female dog’s natural pH that you will be mating with.

Last edited:
Interesting points, thank you!

Further research shows that most lube, specifically water-based, is pH neutral. Ironically this is good for us. If it says, vaginal pH matched-this is not something you should use with a dog. If it says pH buffered or pH neutral or doesn’t mention vaginal pH, then the lube is most likely around the 7 pH scale or neutral.

I'd avoid "buffered", a buffer will compensate small amounts of acids and bases to maintain its own pH level, which does not need to be pH neutral.

Wow, that was comprehensive. Thank you very much.
I take the conclusions that lubes should be pH neutral (in absense of some sort of professional vet-specific lube), and that her licking the residues are not really a problem (though there seemed to be some doubt as to the seriousness of stomach trouble).

Back