Required to spay?

Sorry if im not posting this in the right place, im new.

So i read a few other threads about this topic, i saw a few people mention that they had never heard anything about people being required to spay/neuter by a breeder, however, at least in the places i've looked, it does seem that most breeders do require that you fix any dog that you buy from them, at least here in the USA. Furthermore, i was considering using the website adoptapet.com to find a furry friend, but, at least based on the ones i've seen, they're required to be spayed within 30 days of adoption, if they aren't already. For the record, this isnt just a sex thing for me, i have a bit of a moral issue with it, i just cant help but think if someone threw me in a cage, drove me to the doctor, and proceed to knock me out only for me to wake up without my testicles, i would probably be a little upset, to say the least. but thats a different topic. To be brutally honest, i dont mind a little bit of "legal ambiguity" when it comes to stuff like this, i.e. if i was required to sign a legal document stating i would get the dog spayed, even if i have no intention to actually do it, i wouldn't have a moral issue with it.

So i guess my question is, how would a breeder/website/individual realistically figure out that i didnt actually spay the dog? And what action would they take from there in terms of making sure the dog actually gets spayed?

So i guess my question is, how would a breeder/website/individual realistically figure out that i didnt actually spay the dog? And what action would they take from there in terms of making sure the dog actually gets spayed?
They usually require a receipt from a vet. They can also inspect the dog. There was a news frenzy several years ago when a rescue repoed a dog from a Hollywood star that failed one of those inspections.

Head out to the country where people expect animals to breed. Just expect to pay more if you want a show dog.

Breeders are trying to control the bloodline they own. They don't want you to compete with them at shows or sales.

Rescues are mostly branches of PETA and want to eliminate pets altogether.

I know how you feel with the moral issue not alot of people share that perspective.. Hate it when people call it fixing, makes it seem like something is wrong with the animal.... but when I first started looking for a dog, I skipped shelters and went craigslist/facebook and breeders.. In which some do let you keep the dog intact. The one I got my corgi from even gave me AKC papers for free..

Yea breeders are not a cheap thing.. but really depends on the breed of dog, and how much the breeder wants to rip people off.. I got super super lucky, and got a decent price with papers.. most placed i looked were 1,000usd+

I’m having a hard time finding a dog that is not already neutered. Breeders I’ve talked to are way too expensive for me. I’m looking online like others here have stated and keeping my fingers crossed.
I haven't gone back to older post yet you have probably mentioned it before, but what breed are you looking for.

First off dogs have no sense of "I no longer have testicles" but you are correct in most breeders in America required the pet is fixed the only time this isn't true is if the breeder knows the person really well and knows they can trust no accidental litters are coming out of or from their dog or they a shady fucking breeder but you do know their are literal thousands of people giving away their intact puppies and dogs

All a breeder can really do if you do not comply is to sue you for breach of contract, which is probably pretty unlikely unless they see you get into the business and start having liters and competing against them. If they were to simply not hear from you ever again it's unlikely most would try too hard to track you down. Course it all depends on the breeder - some are much more control freaks than others.

I fucking hate this cultural and economic system of pulling the ladder up and keeping the people below from reaching you.
The talking issue of literally mutilating an animal and you make it about yourself. Let me geuss, millennial 🤔

(I channeled my inner boomer for this. But ya I kinda agree.)

If you're born with something you should keep it. The only reason you should remove it if it's actually life-threatening and painful
Personally I wish someone prevented my existance cuz my dad was shite lmao.

I’m never having kids. I’d likely abuse them (and they don’t deserve that.)

Back