Relationship with an animal

Cade20

Citizen of Zooville
I'm curious to know about relationships with animals. Things about love, how the relationship works, dating, marrying, sex.

So please, share your experiences with me, or should I say with us?

I'm curious to know about relationships with animals. Things about love, how the relationship works, dating, marrying, sex.
It by no means works the same way a human-human relationship does.
So dating does not look like the dating you see people do in the bus where they can not resist but to lick each other's teeth in front of the whole bus. You mostly do not have court your animal by showing off how cool you are in front of other guys/girls. Dating an animal does not involve buying new expensive fancy shoes to prove you have the income to support a kid once you are divorced.

You could almost say there is no dating when your partner is an animal.
There is no marriage either. Unless you make a fake one yourself.

What remains is quite a sincere relationship where you are responsible for the life and wellbeing of your animal partner. You get pure love in return. But none of the social nonsense intricacies of a human-human relationship.
Sex is a cherry on top of the relationship. You can have an extremely rewarding nonsexual relationship with an animal. Or you can have the same with lots or some or occasional sex.
How sex works should be apparent from the how to section. :D

It by no means works the same way a human-human relationship does.
So dating does not look like the dating you see people do in the bus where they can not resist but to lick each other's teeth in front of the whole bus. You mostly do not have court your animal by showing off how cool you are in front of other guys/girls. Dating an animal does not involve buying new expensive fancy shoes to prove you have the income to support a kid once you are divorced.

You could almost say there is no dating when your partner is an animal.
There is no marriage either. Unless you make a fake one yourself.

What remains is quite a sincere relationship where you are responsible for the life and wellbeing of your animal partner. You get pure love in return. But none of the social nonsense intricacies of a human-human relationship.
Sex is a cherry on top of the relationship. You can have an extremely rewarding nonsexual relationship with an animal. Or you can have the same with lots or some or occasional sex.
How sex works should be apparent from the how to section. :D
Thanks for answering

Reactions: pes

It's as varied as are relationships between humans, it can be ugly or beautiful and it's just as hard to describe in general terms.
Take love for example, we each know it when we have it and we anguish when it's gone, but how does an outsider look and see it? It's got many forms, but these are my current opinions on it....
Love just works, we love what we love and don't really have any control over that. Lust, is often associated and I feel often overlaps, but is different. Same as a typical heterosexual can look at a member of the opposite sex and think, "That person is beautiful. If they were my lover...." I can look at a dog and feel much the same, but that's not love itself. To me love is that intangible component that I can't define, but feel in my heart. I don't find it useful as a measure of anything external though. I can see another, see that they provide good care of their companions and I can project my feelings, but I don't know that they love them. From the outside, I tend to think actions say more than anything.

Dating, for me, has been a complicated issue. We don't often get the opportunity to meet potential partners as adults, my life not being any different, most of my partners have been be purchased with the hope that a relationship can be forged. I think that if you raise them, provide good mental and physical stimulation, you try to help them be the best them they can be, that when they become adults they will hopefully see you as a potential mate. Dogs, for example, are pretty well recorded in the literature for soliciting handlers as potential mates , so it's not an uncommon thing even where the handler isn't a zoo.

Marriage, I feel doesn't apply. It's a human concept of monogamy/inheritance that I can't fathom how one could even explain it to a dog, let alone get confirmation from them that they agree to this arrangement.

Sex, is probably the simplest to me. If one is interested in a canine, for example, it pays to learn their language. Same as learning another human language, the more time you put into it the more you tend to learn. Once you can communicate, you can pick up on signals they're sending or you can send some yourself and see if the object of your ardour reciproates, it's really not unlike a human relationship where there's not a shared spoken language. Also much the same, a selfish partner who's only in it for their own desires is not a typically desirable partner and it pays to make sure your love interest is happy and satisfied in life, not just the bedroom.

Canines are my focus, but the same applies to any animal, even human ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's as varied as are relationships between humans, it can be ugly or beautiful and it's just as hard to describe in general terms.
Take love for example, we each know it when we have it and we anguish when it's gone, but how does an outsider look and see it? It's got many forms, but these are my current opinions on it....
Love just works, we love what we love and don't really have any control over that. Lust, is often associated and I feel often overlaps, but is different. Same as a typical heterosexual can look at a member of the opposite sex and think, "That person is beautiful. If they were my lover...." I can look at a dog and feel much the same, but that's not love itself. To me love is that intangible component that I can't define, but feel in my heart. I don't find it useful as a measure of anything external though. I can see another, see that they provide good care of their companions and I can project my feelings, but I don't know that they love them. From the outside, I tend to think actions say more than anything.

Dating, for me, has been a complicated issue. We don't often get the opportunity to meet potential partners as adults, my life not being any different, most of my partners have been be purchased with the hope that a relationship can be forged. I think that if you raise them, provide good mental and physical stimulation, you try to help them be the best them they can be, that when they become adults they will hopefully see you as a potential mate. Dogs, for example, are pretty well recorded in the literature for soliciting handlers as potential mates , so it's not an uncommon thing even where the handler isn't a zoo.

Marriage, I feel doesn't apply. It's a human concept of monogamy/inheritance that I can't fathom how one could even explain it to a dog, let alone get confirmation from them that they agree to this arrangement.

Sex, is probably the simplest to me. If one is interested in a canine, for example, it pays to learn their language. Same as learning another human language, the more time you put into it the more you tend to learn. Once you can communicate, you can pick up on signals they're sending or you can send some yourself and see if the object of your ardour reciproates, it's really not unlike a human relationship where there's not a shared spoken language. Also much the same, a selfish partner who's only in it for their own desires is not a typically desirable partner and it pays to make sure your love interest is happy and satisfied in life, not just the bedroom.

This was really helpful to read. Thank you :D

I just loved your point of view, very clear and well explained. You were really helpful. I'm also interested in canines.

Honestly the love and caring compassion within a relationship was always the thing that I enjoyed most in my relationships with k9’s. While it’s been a while since I’ve been in one, being in love just made everything better. They care and you care ☺️ Doesn’t hurt that it makes the sex so much more romantic.

Honestly the love and caring compassion within a relationship was always the thing that I enjoyed most in my relationships with k9’s. While it’s been a while since I’ve been in one, being in love just made everything better. They care and you care ☺️ Doesn’t hurt that it makes the sex so much more romantic.
I hope I have that some day

ive been dating my dog for 5 years, he is my 4th k9 boyfriend, i see him now as i did when i dated men in the past

Back