Recommendations on Step Brother Breed

BoxerGuy

Tourist
I think my 2.5 yr old Boxer will need a companion during the day to keep him entertained when I need to go back into the office a couple times a week. He seems miserable during the day when he doesn't get to go to day care.
Any recommendations on breeds? Wanting to stay in the medium-medium/large size, active & playful, not a constant barker, with a coat suitable for FL heat. A nice unit for the ladies as a bonus.
I am leaning towards a Rotty even though they can weight a little more than I am wanting. Also have considered Dogo Argentino's but their life expectancy I dont think matches up well with my current guy. I want them to wear out & grow old together. I have thought about Pit Bull but not sure if they would do well with another in the house, plus the general public stigma.

I think my 2.5 yr old Boxer will need a companion during the day to keep him entertained when I need to go back into the office a couple times a week. He seems miserable during the day when he doesn't get to go to day care.
Any recommendations on breeds? Wanting to stay in the medium-medium/large size, active & playful, not a constant barker, with a coat suitable for FL heat. A nice unit for the ladies as a bonus.
I am leaning towards a Rotty even though they can weight a little more than I am wanting. Also have considered Dogo Argentino's but their life expectancy I dont think matches up well with my current guy. I want them to wear out & grow old together. I have thought about Pit Bull but not sure if they would do well with another in the house, plus the general public stigma.
As a boxer owner for many years and many litters: if you have one boxer you set yourself up for a world of dog destruction.

You have to have 2 dogs, almost no matter what breed. My 2 male boxers.. father and son.

Love eachouther and have no problems.
However 2 males and or 2 females can sometimes be trouble.. dog fights.

My 2 males almost never run out of energy.
I make them cannabis tinctures to mellow them out when the get out of control.

One is named tazz... and for good reason. He's freaking psychotic! They can runnl out back all day then take a hour nap and it's on like donkey Kong agin... rinse repeat. That's the glory of dog ownership.

If you can't keep a boxer engaged, they will use their brains in destructive ways and they will be an absolute nightmare dog...

I have had rotties, German sheps, chow/shep mix. Pitbulls, damations. Through my life.

It took one boxer to make me never want anything but a boxer.

However he was my boy, where I went so did he.
I will have boxers tell I die.

Tazz is in middle.

PS: please don't get 2 males so you have 2 different cocks for fickle women you might..MIGHT meet.

Animal's are cool... people suck!
So think about all of your lives together and what will make it best for everyone.

In my years of hunting for the elusive zoo woman...I have gotten together with 5 or 6.. guess how many got what they wanted and were never heard from agin.
5 or 6...

Attachments

• 20200509_174449.jpg
    20200509_174449.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 19
  • 20200509_174542.jpg
    20200509_174542.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Back