Recommendations for creating a more welcoming veterinary clinic

Deagle113

Zooville Settler
Good morning everyone!
Veterinarian and zoophile here. I've been browsing this amazing forum for a while trying to figure out ways to make my clinic more sensitive to and welcoming for zoophiles.

All of you love your animals very much, and are sometimes very concerned that vets will "catch on" to your chosen lifestyle. I would like to foster the same type of frank and guilt free conversations and health advice doctors already give on the human side of things for various sexual orientations that were once considered (or may still be in some places) unnatural, but on the vet side of things.

Please keep in mind that in the US where I am located, many states do not look kindly on zoophilia from a legal standpoint, so I'm sort of limited as to how open I can be, but I'd love to be a part of broadening the veterinary support for all of you wonderful people, and am open to suggestions. Any thoughts?

I guess you can not really advertise you are zoo friendly on your door, so how would a zoo who comes to your office know that you are zoo friendly?
Other than that you could treat all kinds of yiffy questions completely professionally, do not ask unnecessary questions and so on.

I'm not sure if there's anything that you can use to differentiate between zoophiles and none-zoophiles as a veterinarian with any degree of certainty. I've heard a fair bit of talk about vets in the states, and elsewhere for that matter, being very pushy about neutering and such, so a first good step is probably to not do that.

It depends on what you can see and tell first and foremost. If it's a case of you can tell it is going on, and you can feel absolutely certain about it, you -could- try and bring it to their attention and take it up with them. But people, especially in this kind of scenario, can have a lot of adverse reactions to confrontation. One could try and network it out by seeing if there's anyone who admit on here to be in your area, and then network offer it to them. But for that one, it's hard to know whats what on here, so you'd still have to be careful. And being too open and willing to share these kinds of details, like for those who are zoophiles themselves, is very risky business the way things are culturally in most places.

Definitely an interesting topic though. Looking forward to see where the brainstorm might go, if anywhere.

I get why it would seem like a nice contribution to the community. However, whether people are into this lifestyle or not, the physical, hands-on care the pets require from you won't really change, like you won't go about treating injury or illness differently because you know the person is or isn't zoo, and it really seems like it would be risky business for a physical establishment to become the "go to" place for this kind of thing, it seems it would probably attract the wrong kind of crowd.

If you're looking to extend your practice and support specifically towards this community, perhaps a simpler or safer way at least to start would be to offer some informed opinions on the questions people don't want to bring up in a face to face situation like in a consultation room. Armed with their judgement and guilt free info, people can then see their regular doc without having to bring up the zoo part.

Or, you could get comfortable with vasectomies and ovarian sparing hysterectomies and advertise yourself on the Parsemus website.

Also interested to see where this goes.

Thanks for all of the great input and suggestions, and for taking the time to give some well thought out answers. I appreciate all of y'all! Great stuff to think about.

Interesting post, is your practice large animals, small animals or both? I hope you have a successful practice.

Honestly?

Just be professional and have privacy in mind. Don't push fixing, honestly no vet should be pushing it, it should be owners choice.

You can't do much to outwardly advertise this, or you'll out yourself.

Health of the animal > all else. A zoo with the right mentality will consider health over personal desire anyway, so asking "has she been bred?" Even if you mean by another dog, wouldn't be wise.

Basically make our visit comfortable, free of judgement and professional. I care about my dogs health, I don't care if a vet is a zoo or not, as long as they focus on health. I'm paying for a medical opinion, not personal.

It will all come down to how you handle it all, in the end. Best of luck!

This sounds very interesting! I think a lot of people in the space could benefit a lot from some professional, not-judging advice..
Since most people get into it without much advice/explanation, I think most of us figure out while we go!

I do think privacy, and not pushing clients is very important, so getting across that you are zoo friendly is very important, although difficult too..

Good morning everyone!
Veterinarian and zoophile here. I've been browsing this amazing forum for a while trying to figure out ways to make my clinic more sensitive to and welcoming for zoophiles.

All of you love your animals very much, and are sometimes very concerned that vets will "catch on" to your chosen lifestyle. I would like to foster the same type of frank and guilt free conversations and health advice doctors already give on the human side of things for various sexual orientations that were once considered (or may still be in some places) unnatural, but on the vet side of things.

Please keep in mind that in the US where I am located, many states do not look kindly on zoophilia from a legal standpoint, so I'm sort of limited as to how open I can be, but I'd love to be a part of broadening the veterinary support for all of you wonderful people, and am open to suggestions. Any thoughts?
Connect with the right people here in order to find patients to improve their fur friend's well being.

The law should stay away from vets because it is their oath to help animals.

Those people who have emergencies regarding sensitive matters should go to you since they trust no odd factors will happen and paranoia will go away since they know you are zoo positive/ally.

This is how all doctors in field should be accepted of another's condition instead of being another weapon of law enforcement. (Excluding malicious acts ofc).

The well-being between animal to human should not be judged if nothing harmful happened and also their well-being is put first.

So I thank you for being open to helping Zs in need

Back