questions about female dogs

so i am thinking about getting a female dog (maybe a lab) first of the year as my first ever pet (i had alot of family dog but they are small breeds).sadly my family wants me to get her fixed but i dont want her to get fixed and sadly my family says its like a law too (even tho i plan on keeping a close eye on her like letting her outside while im outside with her)

i read about a ovary sparing spay might give me a shot (and to prevent like the life-threating uterus.) i need some advice.

or should i w8 till i find me my own place so i can make my own calls and stuff

p.s. might add more info later but i just need some simple advice that i might not regret

Last edited:
Waiting is a good idea. I had my first dog love when I lived with my parents and it was a real source of problems for me. They didn't love him like I did, they treated him like a regular dog and that caused a lot of arguments between us. Then I got caught doing stuff with him and that really fucked things up. Better to get your own place first imo.

Waiting is a good idea. I had my first dog love when I lived with my parents and it was a real source of problems for me. They didn't love him like I did, they treated him like a regular dog and that caused a lot of arguments between us. Then I got caught doing stuff with him and that really fucked things up. Better to get your own place first imo.
well i got stuff planned out like love time if im home alone sometimes (maybe 1 a month) and stuff but ya i might w8 till i get my own place (the main problem i got is if i should get her fixed or not)

well i got stuff planned out like love time if im home alone and stuff but ya i might w8 till i get my own place (the main problem i got is if i should get her fixed or not)
Assuming you had your own place and stuff, I wouldn't have a dog spayed. Learn the signs of pyometra in dogs and if you think something is wrong, take her to the vet as soon as possible. They'll probably do the spay operation to remove the infection at that point. Having good hygeine goes a long way towards preventing infections in the first place. I don't know much about ovary sparing spay, if someone around here has had success with it maybe they'll chime in.

i dont want her to get fixed and sadly my family says its like a law
Depending on where you live, some cities require registering your pets, and charge a LOT more if the dog isn't spayed/neutered.

When I bought my first place and got a couple of cats, the vet I took them to for routine care reported them to the city, which tried to fine me $600 each for not submitting registration paperwork to the city too. FFS they were spayed and got all their shots, but nooooo the city didn't give a shit about that, just whether their paperwork got filed. :-/

Back