Questions about allergies

zeph

Lurker
Hello!
I have a few questions about allergies, especially dog allergies.
I've let a dog mount me once, and I got an anaphylactic reaction. Possibly because of the dog semen. And well that scared me.
I've been trying to look into this a lot but with little to no answers. So my questions are:
Does this mean I'm allergic to all dogs semen?
If I let a dog lick me, is that a risk to having a reaction as well? I'm a female, for anyone wondering.

i'd say get some testing done. not for dog semen, obviously.
just to make sure it's really a dog you're allergic to. i remember reading a story of a lady who had pretty bad skin reactions to her dog licking her (like on hand or whatever, not sexual) and after running some tests it turned out she's allergic to latex which got into the dog's saliva from his toys.

Hello!
I have a few questions about allergies, especially dog allergies.
I've let a dog mount me once, and I got an anaphylactic reaction. Possibly because of the dog semen. And well that scared me.
I've been trying to look into this a lot but with little to no answers. So my questions are:
Does this mean I'm allergic to all dogs semen?
If I let a dog lick me, is that a risk to having a reaction as well? I'm a female, for anyone wondering.
Hi. How did your anaphylactic reaction look like?
I had similar experience. I was vomiting, almost lost consciousness and my pulse was very weak. I don't know was that just stress reaction or allergy to dogs semen. How that anaphylactic reaction looked in your case?

There is a thread about the topic in the educational section. It's a serious issue, so be careful:

Back